Pokemon catch them all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Pokemon catch them all
Hello guys Smile I was wondering if there is any Pokemon fans out there so I made a thread to have a place to talk about those little monsters and talk about the most frustrating battles, favorite Pokemon, shiny encounters, and whatever else you guys wanna talk about. Hope to see you all soon Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dustinstig's post
10-07-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: Pokemon catch them all
The first Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Red, back when I was 6 years old. It belonged to a friend of mine, and he let me play it. I had next to no knowledge of English, but I knew his Pokémon were hurt (I think one was poisoned), so I went in, per the recommendation of other friends who were watching me play. I talked to the nurse, pressing B constantly, since I didn't understand what she was saying, until the prompt showed up. I didn't know what "Heal" meant, but I did recognize "Cancel", so I chose that option. My friends started talking loudly about how I should have chosen "Heal", while explaining what that word meant. After I healed the Pokémon, I saved the game (with help from my friends, as I didn't know what "Save" meant either Tongue) and turned it off.
My first owned Pokémon game was Pokémon Yellow, which I've completed more or less 100% (all 151 Pokémon captured, and the clock literally won't advance, as I've reached the maximum time - 255:55). The second was Pokémon Silver, which I ruined when I accidentally left it in my pants that went into the washing machine. I've tried replacing the battery a few years ago, but it didn't work. Pretty sure the circuitry is damaged beyond repair.
My first shiny (not counting the red Gyarados) was in Emerald, I think. It was a Zubat. My second was in Emerald as well. And it was... yup, you've guessed it: Zubat.
I've played and finished every mainstream game up to, and including, Platinum. I've started Black, but haven't finished due to mistakes when playing. Basically I let each Pokémon level up until they were all at the same level, then leveled them up one at a time. Now they're in their low 40's and I'm already at the E4.
I've played the first two Mystery Dungeon games (all versions except Explorers of Darkness), but refuse to play the third. Out of 649 Pokémon or so at the time, they included less than the entire first gen, at 125. If a fairly good micro SD card, which is the size of a fingernail, can hold enough data to store a PC game (which is often more than 4 GB) and transfer it relatively quickly, you can't tell me that an entire cartridge can't hold at least that amount. I would've played it if they had just included Blaziken as a playable character. Is that too much to ask for? =/ But I digress.
My favorite Pokémon is Blaziken, and my favorite game is Emerald, partly due to the cutscene with Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon. I've watched that cutscene several times. It's my favorite scene in all of Pokémon history. My favorite location, however, is the Reverse World (or whatever it's called in the games), due to the physics of it.
My most fun battle was when capturing Rayquaza. Blaziken was in his 40's, but he still kicked ass, as I expected him to, and allowed me to capture Rayquaza without any trouble.
The most frustrating battle was the one with the twins in Emerald. They have a tendency to beat the crap out of Blaziken. Thankfully, Blaziken always comes through in the end and kicks their asses just as hard.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
10-07-2014, 11:51 AM
(10-07-2014 11:41 AM)One Above All Wrote:  My favorite Pokémon is Blaziken, and my favorite game is Emerald,

You and I ,are going to get along quite well.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-07-2014, 11:55 AM
(10-07-2014 09:41 AM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Hello guys Smile I was wondering if there is any Pokemon fans out there so I made a thread to have a place to talk about those little monsters and talk about the most frustrating battles, favorite Pokemon, shiny encounters, and whatever else you guys wanna talk about. Hope to see you all soon Big Grin

[Image: blaziken.jpg]

[Image: feraligatr.jpg]

[Image: garchomp.jpg]

[Image: 250px-003Venusaur.png]

Angel

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Awe yeah

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-07-2014, 12:44 PM
I've heard of this cartoon and isn't it a card game? I don't know much about it but I think Pikachu(sp?) is adorable!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-07-2014, 12:51 PM
(10-07-2014 12:44 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I've heard of this cartoon and isn't it a card game? I don't know much about it but I think Pikachu(sp?) is adorable!

It is both. Also here is what I think of pickacu

[Image: Gengar_devours_Pikachu____XD_by_Da_Phase_Meister.jpg]

HE SUCKS!!!

10-07-2014, 12:56 PM
(10-07-2014 12:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 12:44 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I've heard of this cartoon and isn't it a card game? I don't know much about it but I think Pikachu(sp?) is adorable!

It is both. Also here is what I think of pickacu

HE SUCKS!!!

But...but he's so cute Weeping

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
10-07-2014, 01:03 PM
(10-07-2014 12:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 12:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is both. Also here is what I think of pickacu

HE SUCKS!!!

But...but he's so cute Weeping

Cute don't cut it, skills do.

10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
(10-07-2014 01:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 12:56 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  But...but he's so cute Weeping

Cute don't cut it, skills do.

Cute sells discs. Pokemon has been ridding the cute factor for like 20 years.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense