Pokemon catch them all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: Pokemon catch them all
(11-07-2014 03:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 02:52 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Pikachu is most definitely the face of pokeman.
You know how to tell? He's the one everyone knows. That's what being the face of something means. People recognize you by your face. People recognize pokeman by pikachu. Everyone knows pikachu.

That is not entirely true. Charizard is more recognized not in the pokemon community(which is large because it is the second best selling of all time with 262 million being sold). Not to mention all of my family recognizes charizard. I have meet people who don't know pickachu but know blastoies. Hell in fact when you think about it in the past america had red and blue where pikachus are no where to be seen on the cover. In fact if anything the name is more recognizable. Some people say pikachu and think of charizard, I know I have seen happen. That is why there is no face of pokemon, because everyone is a face.

You are again conflating 1 portion of the franchise (the game boy games) for the entire franchise.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-07-2014, 03:57 PM
(11-07-2014 03:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 03:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is not entirely true. Charizard is more recognized not in the pokemon community(which is large because it is the second best selling of all time with 262 million being sold). Not to mention all of my family recognizes charizard. I have meet people who don't know pickachu but know blastoies. Hell in fact when you think about it in the past america had red and blue where pikachus are no where to be seen on the cover. In fact if anything the name is more recognizable. Some people say pikachu and think of charizard, I know I have seen happen. That is why there is no face of pokemon, because everyone is a face.

You are again conflating 1 portion of the franchise (the game boy games) for the entire franchise.

Oh bringing the rest would also drive my point home, as pikachu is most defenitaly not the face of the TCG, as so many pokemon take the spot light of that. The anime the face is actually ash, because he is the main character. Sure pikachu is always with him, but pikachu would be nothing without ash in the first place.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
(11-07-2014 03:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 02:52 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Pikachu is most definitely the face of pokeman.
You know how to tell? He's the one everyone knows. That's what being the face of something means. People recognize you by your face. People recognize pokeman by pikachu. Everyone knows pikachu.

That is not entirely true. Charizard is more recognized not in the pokemon community(which is large because it is the second best selling of all time with 262 million being sold). Not to mention all of my family recognizes charizard. I have meet people who don't know pickachu but know blastoies. Hell in fact when you think about it in the past america had red and blue where pikachus are no where to be seen on the cover. In fact if anything the name is more recognizable. Some people say pikachu and think of charizard, I know I have seen happen. That is why there is no face of pokemon, because everyone is a face.

No I somewhat recognize the name from you and a couple other people on this forum, but no clue what it looks like and never heard of it before now. Never met anyone who doesn't know pikachu. Even if they don't know wha he's from they know who he is.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
(11-07-2014 03:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 03:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You are again conflating 1 portion of the franchise (the game boy games) for the entire franchise.

Oh bringing the rest would also drive my point home, as pikachu is most defenitaly not the face of the TCG, as so many pokemon take the spot light of that. The anime the face is actually ash, because he is the main character. Sure pikachu is always with him, but pikachu would be nothing without ash in the first place.

No no no. It's the whole thing as a whole. All of Pokemon. Do a poll of 100,000 random people. Ask, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the word Pokemon? I guarantee pikachu will win by a landslide.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
11-07-2014, 04:48 PM
(11-07-2014 04:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 03:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is not entirely true. Charizard is more recognized not in the pokemon community(which is large because it is the second best selling of all time with 262 million being sold). Not to mention all of my family recognizes charizard. I have meet people who don't know pickachu but know blastoies. Hell in fact when you think about it in the past america had red and blue where pikachus are no where to be seen on the cover. In fact if anything the name is more recognizable. Some people say pikachu and think of charizard, I know I have seen happen. That is why there is no face of pokemon, because everyone is a face.

No I somewhat recognize the name from you and a couple other people on this forum, but no clue what it looks like and never heard of it before now. Never met anyone who doesn't know pikachu. Even if they don't know wha he's from they know who he is.

[Image: 006Charizard_AG_anime.png]

I have meet people who don't know of pikachu but know charizard. There is a reason charizard is up with pikachu though and that is because he deserves it. He is a better design and is a much better pokemon. Plus even nintendo, recognizes charizard more that the mouse, this is why the SMB series is switching from pikachu to charizard. The fanbase it self is tired of pikachu anyway as far as I can tell.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
(11-07-2014 04:35 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 03:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Oh bringing the rest would also drive my point home, as pikachu is most defenitaly not the face of the TCG, as so many pokemon take the spot light of that. The anime the face is actually ash, because he is the main character. Sure pikachu is always with him, but pikachu would be nothing without ash in the first place.

No no no. It's the whole thing as a whole. All of Pokemon. Do a poll of 100,000 random people. Ask, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the word Pokemon? I guarantee pikachu will win by a landslide.

No not really. As far as popular pokemon go, charizard usually beats pikachu, though there are times where pikachu beats charizard. IGN for example notes charizard as the best, some in fact debate on whether charizard is more popular than pikachu. Not only that but as I said before nobody in the fanbase really likes the mouse.

12-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Only on TTA can there be a lively debate on Pokemon.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
15-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I can't believe there's a debate on Pokemon and pikachu. I know he sucks I never use him but people recognize him as a Pokemon. What will people think of something like Stunfisk
15-07-2014, 04:43 PM
(15-07-2014 02:21 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  What will people think of something like Stunfisk

There isn't much to say about this

[Image: 250px-618Stunfisk.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-07-2014, 04:49 PM
(15-07-2014 04:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 02:21 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  What will people think of something like Stunfisk

There isn't much to say about this

[Image: 250px-618Stunfisk.png]

Salvador Dali is best Pokemon.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post