Pokemon is from the devil.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Pokemon is from the devil.
Was anyone else here raised to believe that something ridiculous was from Satan?

I wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter, watch Pokemon OR Captain Planet. My parents also took the Sims 2 video game away from me when I was 16 because there was homosexuality in it. Tongue

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Pokemon is from the devil.
Me, no, my parents were atheists.

But I had a friend of mine who got really into Dungeons and Dragons. He had 8 books, a bunch of dice, and a couple hundred lead figures. Then his parents found out that D&D was satanic and they made him watch as they threw all his books into the fireplace and put all his lead figures and dice into a coffee can and melted them in the fireplace too. About $500 dollars literally up in smoke (that's a lot of money to a high school kid).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
(02-04-2013 01:13 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Me, no, my parents were atheists.

But I had a friend of mine who got really into Dungeons and Dragons. He had 8 books, a bunch of dice, and a couple hundred lead figures. Then his parents found out that D&D was satanic and they made him watch as they threw all his books into the fireplace and put all his lead figures and dice into a coffee can and melted them in the fireplace too. About $500 dollars literally up in smoke (that's a lot of money to a high school kid).

Aw man, that's horrible! That's a lot of money to an adult too! Lol

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Oh, I'm pretty sure many here who were raised to believe that something ridiculous was worthy of being worshiped. Wink

Not only was it ridiculous, it too, was fiction! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
D&D, Secular Music, Comic Books, most TV shows, Dances, Football games, ad nauseum.

Oh, and also, Don't drink, smoke or chew or go with girls who do.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
(02-04-2013 01:16 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh, I'm pretty sure many here who were raised to believe that something ridiculous was worthy of being worshiped. Wink

Not only was it ridiculous, it too, was fiction! Big Grin

Haha true that! Plus, according to the bible, god created everything, including evil, so pokemon is technically from jebus.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
(02-04-2013 01:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  D&D, Secular Music, Comic Books, most TV shows, Dances, Football games, ad nauseum.

My parents were weird about music. Like, I was allowed to listen to britney spears and christina aguilera, but not the spice girls. lol

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
(02-04-2013 01:24 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 01:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  D&D, Secular Music, Comic Books, most TV shows, Dances, Football games, ad nauseum.

My parents were weird about music. Like, I was allowed to listen to britney spears and christina aguilera, but not the spice girls. lol

That's because they were on the Mickey Mouse Club so they must be wholesome God-fearing girls. Although if they were true Fundies they would ban anything by Disney since the corporation heavily supports the Gay Agenda to take over the world!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
02-04-2013, 01:32 PM
(02-04-2013 01:24 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  My parents were weird about music. Like, I was allowed to listen to britney spears and christina aguilera, but not the spice girls. lol

Hmm... Consider I'm suspecting "Sporty" wasn't slutty enough for them and therefore obviously a Lezzzzbian. Can't be listening to that Lezbo music - it could turn you into one!! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-04-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 01:41 PM by Anjele.)
I was lucky in that I wasn't told that stuff at home though I sure heard it at school and from other parents.

My dad's biggest gripe was certain rock music...mostly because he couldn't understand what they were saying. And he hated long hair on guys...he had a crew cut...it was the mid 70s, most guys my age had hair that was at least longer than a crew cut. Dad didn't just fuss about guys with long hair, but about any guy whose hair touched his ears.

But he didn't put any religious reason to it.

Books were NEVER censored. And TV sure didn't offer much more than fluff.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy