Pokemon is from the devil.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Pokemon is from the devil.
In my early and late teen rebellion days, I had to have everything I wasn't allowed to have or know.

With that said I had a lot of evil things of the devil.

Pokemon, Harry Potter, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Dungeons and Dragons, Type O Negative, Duke Nukem, Doom, etc...

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 05:56 PM
(02-04-2013 01:13 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Me, no, my parents were atheists.

But I had a friend of mine who got really into Dungeons and Dragons. He had 8 books, a bunch of dice, and a couple hundred lead figures. Then his parents found out that D&D was satanic and they made him watch as they threw all his books into the fireplace and put all his lead figures and dice into a coffee can and melted them in the fireplace too. About $500 dollars literally up in smoke (that's a lot of money to a high school kid).

I was raised in my mother's Christian household but she didn't exert often. But when she did...yeesh.

I was also into D&D and a whole host of other games. Come to think of it, religion explains an incident with a certain collection of mine much better than space in the household. Thanks AS, you may have just clued me in.

I had a rather large dresser nearly filled with all the games I'd ever bought and played with my friends. RPGs like GURPS. Board games like Car Wars and Squad Leader. One day I came home to find the dresser was gone. She told me she had to sell it to make space.

Odd, normally she would have felt perfectly fine telling me she was doing something for my own good. This time, if that was the reason, she evaded.

Oh well, no reason to bug her about it now. I wouldn't be playing them any more anyway. I play video games now! Take THAT!

Oh yeah, I also started listening to Death Rock (what folks today might call Goth) and dressing funny. This also did not go over well. But, she let it fly...at least...until she had me placed into those 2 mental hospitals. DAMMIT!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
02-04-2013, 06:09 PM
(02-04-2013 12:50 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter, watch Pokemon OR Captain Planet.

What's wrong with Captain Planet? Blink

Man, did I like it as a kid. Wait, who said that? It wasn't me for sure [Image: icon_shh.gif]

Also, before I joined this place, I never even realised how bad a lot of you guys, esp. in the States, had it. I mean, the things I've read here sound as if they've been taken straight out of a Victorian novel. Or even worse. Beyond ridiculous. Never would've thought it possible for someone to be this backward.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
(02-04-2013 06:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 12:50 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I wasn't allowed to read Harry Potter, watch Pokemon OR Captain Planet.

What's wrong with Captain Planet? :blink:

Man, did I like it as a kid. Wait, who said that? It wasn't me for sure [Image: icon_shh.gif]

Also, before I joined this place, I never even realised how bad a lot of you guys, esp. in the States, had it. I mean, the things I've read here sound as if they've been taken straight out of a Victorian novel. Or even worse. Beyond ridiculous. Never would've thought it possible for someone to be this backward.

WeI call it home. =D

Also, Capt. Planet was awesome.
02-04-2013, 06:16 PM
(02-04-2013 06:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 06:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  What's wrong with Captain Planet? Blink

WeI call it home. =D

Lol I know! I remember trying to pretend I was one of the planeteers with the cool ring, but my mom stopped me and told me it was witchcraft. Weeping lolTongue

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Girly magazines (not that Girly Big Grin).
I was forever in a game of hide-and-seek. The hiding place that lasted unfound the longest was draping the mags on coat hangers inside my shirts and coats. That took my parents a long time to find but I came home one day and they were all gone Weeping
Not one word was ever said to me about my disposed of stash...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
(02-04-2013 06:16 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 06:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  WeI call it home. =D

Lol I know! I remember trying to pretend I was one of the planeteers with the cool ring, but my mom stopped me and told me it was witchcraft. Weeping lolTongue

Wow its weird how living a few hour 1 direction or the other could so change your experince. I never had any real biblethumping even with a family that was very heavily in the church ( my grandparents on both sides helped found one of the largest churches in Rockville, MD (a suburb of DC for those who dont know)) Hearing some of the stuff done to children by those of the faith is a real eye opener and I can just thank my lucky stars that I was not among their number.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
(02-04-2013 06:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Also, Capt. Planet was awesome.
And don't even get me started on the Ninja Turtles Weeping

At least I did outgrow it Angel

(02-04-2013 06:16 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Lol I know! I remember trying to pretend I was one of the planeteers with the cool ring, but my mom stopped me and told me it was witchcraft.

Me, I had a thing for the cap'n. Always was one for heroes...

Why am I embarrassing myself like this in public?! I'm not even drunk Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-04-2013, 06:28 PM
(02-04-2013 06:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 06:12 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Also, Capt. Planet was awesome.
And don't even get me started on the Ninja Turtles :weeping:

At least I did outgrow it :angel:

(02-04-2013 06:16 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Lol I know! I remember trying to pretend I was one of the planeteers with the cool ring, but my mom stopped me and told me it was witchcraft.

Me, I had a thing for the cap'n. Always was one for heroes...

Why am I embarrassing myself like this in public?! I'm not even drunk :consider:

My wife's little brother was a huge Turtles fan. Also Thundercats, Voltron, et al. He was lucky enough to be raised in a secular home. I've always wondered what that would have been like.

So, Vera: Power Rangers?
02-04-2013, 06:39 PM
(02-04-2013 06:28 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So, Vera: Power Rangers?

Nah, just the captain and the turtles. That's all the dirty laundry I've got. Always was one for frugality. Angel

Loved Karl May's books though and enjoyed his ardent religiousness Confused And then it was high school and I was into mythology (among other things), which is far less shameful to admit.

Also, growing up in a secular home is great. Most assuredly. Though it does make my becoming religious rather dumber, but...

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post