Pokemon is from the devil.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 07:44 AM
(03-04-2013 01:46 AM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  It was weird for me. My mother created her own nightmare as for years she would consistently send me to psychiatrist who would always prescribe these heavy doses of medicines that were supposed to regulate the serotonin levels in my brain, but only ended up increasing my adrenaline levels, making me volatile and unstable. So after years of this (btw, my brain eventually leveled off so I'm what you could call somewhat back to normal) she once again got all Jesus'd up and started on me about the music I was listening to. She threatened to throw away all of my CD's. I told her that my music was the only thing that kept me from murdering her in her sleep. She quickly backed off...

I see many parallels between our experiences.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 07:45 AM
(03-04-2013 05:20 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 06:41 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I wonder if anyone's parents ever considered the works of Sid & Marty Kroft to be works of the devil? Now there's some memories...

I don't know, but I know there was a huge outcry against Astrid Lindgren's The Brothers Lionheart (possibly my most beloved book in the whole world :heart: ), though I'm not sure it was so much a Xtian thing, as it was a "kiddies should only read about fairy princesses and rabbits" kinda deal.

Then again, there was this idiot, who compared another of her books, Ronia, the Robber's Daughter, to Xtianity, and the 12 robbers in the book - to the apostles. Of course, that critic may have been onto something, even without realising it :consider:

(02-04-2013 06:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Is it ever a wise thing?

I guess not, but if you've been brainwashed into it, you at least have an excuse. At least I wasn't in it 'cause I wanted to believe I was special and that I mattered to the universe, but mostly because I was labouring under the misapprehension that Xtianity was all about compassion and loving your brother. I also think something in my brain just went kablooey for a while.

I'm pretty sure my brain went kablooey as well. Of course, hormones played a large role in my conversion. There were a lot of cute girls at my church and I was 16!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply