Poland and abortion yet again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Poland and abortion yet again.
Pro-death crowd still tries to enforce it's primitive taboos this time with help of church. Citizen proposed bill will - if it pass - make abortion illegal when fetus is damaged or to say it plainly women will be forced to birth children who have only minutes or hours to live.

What makes this project dangerous is church support - sognatures needed will be gathered during sunday masses.

Seems that fanatics will not stop till their sick aim will be achieved; Black Protest clearly wasn't enough. One can only hope that even clownish polish gov won't stand for such barbaric law.

If someone wants article in Polish then here is the link* - http://krytykapolityczna.pl/kraj/kosciol...ja-polska/

*No mention in international press from what quick Google search tells me.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: Poland and abortion yet again.
Censored Censored polish church ofCensoredCensoredCensored Censored stop being so Censored Censored Censored Censored why are we listenning to these CensoredCensoredCensored have there ideas ever built a happier, more productive, healthier and more democratic society than humanists?

Censored

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
06-09-2017, 02:53 PM
(06-09-2017 02:47 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Censored Censored polish church ofCensoredCensoredCensored Censored stop being so Censored Censored Censored Censored why are we listenning to these CensoredCensoredCensored have there ideas ever built a happier, more productive, healthier and more democratic society than humanists?

Censored
Censored seems to be understandable reaction - cat licking it's backside is smarter than clowns trying to set clock back to middle ages and make women second class citizens whose duty is to be brreding machines.

Ideas like this makes me ashamed of being Pole and I already wasn't proud of being part of this fucked up nation full of lunatics.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-09-2017, 03:07 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ken...al-n798971

"The showdown started Wednesday in a Louisville federal courtroom and centers around a state law that requires EMW to have agreements with a local hospital and an ambulance service for its patients, in the event of an emergency.

State regulators say those services are necessary for women's health. "

Just nuts.

"All thinking men are atheists." - Ernest Hemingway

"Religion is stupid anyway. I mean, a virgin gets pregnant by a ghost! You would never get away with that in a divorce court, would you?" - Lemmy Kilmister
06-09-2017, 03:14 PM
(06-09-2017 03:07 PM)purplefriedpickles Wrote:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ken...al-n798971

"The showdown started Wednesday in a Louisville federal courtroom and centers around a state law that requires EMW to have agreements with a local hospital and an ambulance service for its patients, in the event of an emergency.

Just nuts.
Apart from abortion being subject what this information has to do with what ia happening in Poland?

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-09-2017, 03:23 PM
(06-09-2017 03:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 03:07 PM)purplefriedpickles Wrote:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ken...al-n798971

Just nuts.
Apart from abortion being subject what this information has to do with what ia happening in Poland?

Ah, sorry. There is a line missing.

I meant to write:

"Abortion seems to be in the news frequently the last week. Just nuts."

"All thinking men are atheists." - Ernest Hemingway

"Religion is stupid anyway. I mean, a virgin gets pregnant by a ghost! You would never get away with that in a divorce court, would you?" - Lemmy Kilmister
06-09-2017, 06:12 PM
I am not very familiar with Polish politics. Is religion and politics closely entwined?

Obviously a bunch of celibate old men know what's best for women and girls.
Angry

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
06-09-2017, 09:10 PM
(06-09-2017 06:12 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am not very familiar with Polish politics. Is religion and politics closely entwined?

Not as closely as church would want but primary objections against abortion, same sex marriage, in vitro, sex education, contraception and euthanasia are framed in religious language. Church also easilly get cash from politicians on local level. Overall rhetorics shows how much influence church wield and blasphemy laws are still enforced however infrquently.

Quote: Obviously a bunch of celibate old men know what's best for women and girls.
Angry

Sadly thats what some Poles think.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
07-09-2017, 05:09 AM
I have only been to Poland once and this doesn't surprise me. Most people seemed to be rabid Catholics.

The church and it's little minions never seem to squander an opportunity to make others abide by the rules they all slavishly follow. Let's hope the government stops anything they try to come up with.

Things like this is why they need to be taxed (at least here in the US). They use their flock as mindless little robots to pass laws that their silly books deems necessary.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 4 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
07-09-2017, 05:17 AM
I would say rabidity mostly shows in trying to force others to conform as Poles knowledge of church doctrine is low, nor they care much about what priests say when it's themselves who should do x. It's maybe even worse than real fundamentalism which at least is honest.

Gov however shitty it is stoped one try of further abortion restriction. I can only hope that such will happen again.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post