Poland and abortion yet again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 06:36 AM by BikerDude.)
RE: Poland and abortion yet again.
It knows no boundaries.
It's only a matter of time till the US follows IMO.
If things continue as they are it won't be long till abortion is illegal and the separation of church and state is taken out of the constitution.
After that it's blasphemy laws.
People think I'm nuts a but fairly significant number of high profile republicans are on record favoring all of the above.
Including the Veep.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/domi...750dd8d25a
http://www.thedailybeast.com/dominionism...gious-bond
http://listverse.com/2015/03/22/10-plans...r-america/
http://www.politicalresearch.org/2016/08...SoEuV.dpbs

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 07:43 AM
(06-09-2017 02:53 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  cat licking it's backside is smarter than clowns trying to set clock back to middle ages and make women second class citizens whose duty is to be brreding machines.

Excuse me, but cats are plenty smart! Angry

[Image: 42938fe6-638a-4860-bd55-cb6225b735d2.jpg]

This is truly sick, though, and makes me really glad we're Orthodox - I don't think the Church ever got this strong of a chokehold on the country, and especially not after the fall of communism (hell, there almost was a split within the church and its power-hungry loafers)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
07-09-2017, 12:35 PM
@BikerDude

USA is different beast altogether so I doubt that you can divine what will happen here by what is happening in Poland.

@Vera

Polish church never was powerless, even during reign of Soviet backed aparatchiks. Sadly it's grip only increased in recent years, though there are some who say that such desperate actions show weakness and clinging to power.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-09-2017, 01:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 01:57 PM by BikerDude.)
(07-09-2017 12:35 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  @BikerDude

USA is different beast altogether so I doubt that you can divine what will happen here by what is happening in Poland.

@Vera

Polish church never was powerless, even during reign of Soviet backed aparatchiks. Sadly it's grip only increased in recent years, though there are some who say that such desperate actions show weakness and clinging to power.

It may be a different beast but it's the same old story.
The "Religious Right" here has ever increasing sway.
Just check the beliefs of our Vice President.
As far as abortion it's pretty nearly impossible to be republican and pro choice any more.
https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/201...n/?mcubz=3

We are headed toward a republican majority in a hurry.
And the Supreme court has been tipped way to the right.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
07-09-2017, 02:27 PM
(07-09-2017 01:52 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  

@Vera

It may be a different beast but it's the same old story.
The "Religious Right" here has ever increasing sway.
Just check the beliefs of our Vice President.
As far as abortion it's pretty nearly impossible to be republican and pro choice any more.
https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/201...n/?mcubz=3

We are headed toward a republican majority in a hurry.
And the Supreme court has been tipped way to the right.

Story is different too as it is group of citizens that want further restriction and sucking up to clergy gov which stoped previous attempt and may stop this one.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-09-2017, 03:44 PM

@Vera

The church and the *faithful* in Poland are both suffering from not just exaggerated religious faith but from religiosity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity

Even *Xtians* are critical of it:

https://www.compellingtruth.org/religiosity.html

In the case of Poles there are historical, traditional, psychological, sentimental bases for the sick superstitions, both of Xtianity of a Catholic flavour and religiosity.
07-09-2017, 09:11 PM
@4321Lynx

The church and believers suffer from hard case of aithoritarianism where they imagine that belief in space wizard give them right to dictate unto others how they should live, while disdaining such rules themselves.

As for historical basis I'm well aware of it - church being seen as repository of "poleness" and opposition of "godless communist" regime allows it dose of influence that is famaging to those who don't share catholic delusion.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-09-2017, 05:27 AM
God damn fuckers. I've got a good mind to kick Poland out of Europe.

Why are so many religious people obsessed with controlling other peoples' bodies? Now the rights of a near-dead parasite outstrips those of the host?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2017, 11:30 AM
(08-09-2017 05:27 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  God damn fuckers. I've got a good mind to kick Poland out of Europe.

Poland is part of Europe whether you want it or not. However idea of leaving Old Continent would find some supporters here I think.

Quote: Why are so many religious people obsessed with controlling other peoples' bodies? Now the rights of a near-dead parasite outstrips those of the host?

Church tells them so. Authoritarian personality also plays a role and so do language used to frame debate - not fetus but child, not abortion but murder.

Mikhail Bakunin.