Poland - slide into fascism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: Poland - slide into fascism?
(07-08-2016 01:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It may be, though farce is still common in Poland as evidenced by National Plan of Procreation.

Augustus already did that.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2016, 01:17 AM
(07-08-2016 01:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-08-2016 01:09 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It may be, though farce is still common in Poland as evidenced by National Plan of Procreation.

Augustus already did that.

There was even some mention of it in Robert Graves I, Claudius* if I recall correctly. Now however word national carry more sinister overtones I would say.

*I'm aware that this isn't history book.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-08-2016, 03:19 AM
(06-08-2016 04:09 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Another person who likes to throw the word 'fascist' around.

Great.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck ...
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-08-2016, 05:31 AM
(07-08-2016 01:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-08-2016 01:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Augustus already did that.

There was even some mention of it in Robert Graves I, Claudius* if I recall correctly. Now however word national carry more sinister overtones I would say.

Graves is correct. Augustus was very dedicated to the idea of the virtuous Roman family. A man had to marry by a certain age and breed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-08-2016, 05:52 AM
All kinds of shit happening in Europe and worldwide. Don't know what it will lead to but sure as shit we are not going to be bored.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
07-08-2016, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 06:13 AM by Deesse23.)
(07-08-2016 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-08-2016 01:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  There was even some mention of it in Robert Graves I, Claudius* if I recall correctly. Now however word national carry more sinister overtones I would say.

Graves is correct. Augustus was very dedicated to the idea of the virtuous Roman family. A man had to marry by a certain age and breed.

Yes and while Augustus was promoting high moral values for the roman society, he was in his personal life....lets say: his bars were much lower. Wink

P.S.: Poland may not be heading for facism, but for authoritarianism. Its comforting in times of turmoil to have certain leaders tell you how
1) this is really not as complicated as you think -> providing you with simple solutions for complex problems
2) you have to have trust in them, because....whom else to trust in such times -> taking away all your resonsibility, and finally all rights

Its embarassing to humanity how this scheme works so well throughout history, over and over and over

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
07-08-2016, 06:28 AM
(07-08-2016 05:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Graves is correct. Augustus was very dedicated to the idea of the virtuous Roman family. A man had to marry by a certain age and breed.

I doubt that polish gov has something virtuous one the mind. It look like obsession of some kind.

(07-08-2016 05:52 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  All kinds of shit happening in Europe and worldwide. Don't know what it will lead to but sure as shit we are not going to be bored.

Being bored is preferable, but it's not like we can do much about this.

(07-08-2016 06:09 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  P.S.: Poland may not be heading for facism, but for authoritarianism.

Considering the historic precedence authoritarianism is good name for whatever gov is planing. Though fascism in common parlance mean only very harsh control or authority and new law does not look lenient.

(07-08-2016 06:09 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Its comforting in times of turmoil to have certain leaders tell you how
1) this is really not as complicated as you think -> providing you with simple solutions for complex problems
2) you have to have trust in them, because....whom else to trust in such times -> taking away all your resonsibility, and finally all rights

There is a shade of such in rhetoric's used by government if I'm not mistaken. Though it is more about external enemies and Poland as state subjected to whims of Russia and Germany Rolleyes

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-08-2016, 02:43 PM
[Image: ZqVBeJ1.jpg]

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.