Pole dancing on the Cross

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 06:10 PM by Hughsie.)
Pole dancing on the Cross
Hummm. I don't know where exactly to post this but it's amazing. It's ballet, religion, nudity and pole dancing rolled into one. If this was going on at church there would probably be more males showing up to worship on a Sunday.

Video Removed!

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-06-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Pole dancing on the Cross
(21-06-2013 03:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hummm. I don't know where exactly to post this but it's amazing. It's ballet, religion, nudity and pole dancing rolled into one. If this was going on at church there would probably be more males showing up to worship on a Sunday.

Looked more like a T to me.

If the cross is symbolic to Christians of suffering destroying sin I don't really see how nudity, pole dancing, or even ballet dancing fits in.
21-06-2013, 05:53 PM
That was excellent !!!

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-06-2013, 05:55 PM
In what respect?
21-06-2013, 06:08 PM
(21-06-2013 05:55 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  In what respect?

As a person who often misses the subtleties of abstract art, I thought it was great purely for the display of physical ability combined with the obvious eroticism. I understand that this is not a terribly nuanced view...
21-06-2013, 06:14 PM
...seriously?

Rule #3 is the simplest and easiest to follow.

Don't do it again.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
21-06-2013, 11:59 PM
(21-06-2013 06:08 PM)Parker Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 05:55 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  In what respect?

As a person who often misses the subtleties of abstract art, I thought it was great purely for the display of physical ability combined with the obvious eroticism. I understand that this is not a terribly nuanced view...

There is actually a story behind the dance. It's from an old story of a courtesan named Thais who worships Venus but is encouraged by a Monk to leave her life of luxury and sin and find god. The monk becomes sexually attracted to her and the story goes from there. I find so much sexual eroticism in religion not just in Christianity but in other religions around the world. Lots of S and M. Some of you might remember the trouble Madonna got into with her sexual take on religion, dancing around in that black slip in a church in the video, Like a Prayer. For those too young here ya' go.

Here's an article about Sexuality and Love in the Arts. In the sculpture of The Ecstacy of St Teresa she looks like she's having an orgasm.

http://sexualityinart.wordpress.com/2009...t-theresa/

And here we all thought religion was prim and proper.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post