Police Cruisers Say 'In God We Trust'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Police Cruisers Say 'In God We Trust'
Someone from back near where I grew up posted this to Facebook:
'In God We Trust' Motto Going on Police Cruisers in Buckhannon

Quote:BUCKHANNON -

Police cars at the Buckhannon Police Department will soon have a well known motto on its vehicles.

Buckhannon City Council approved a measure to allow the words "In God We Trust" be displayed on all 10 of the city's police cruisers.

Chief Matt Gregory said the effort was brought to city council's attention by local religious groups.

Gregory said the logo should be on all the cruisers within the next few weeks,

"I believe like I told council, I pray daily that God watch over all of our officers, and I think this is an extra measure of comfort that they have for them, so I don't have any personal problems with it," said Gregory.

Gregory said the group is trying to get signatures to support the same effort for the motto to appear on county law enforcement vehicles.

I'm guessing that surely the FFRF will go after it quick. Anyhow, posted here because I thought it was too low key a story for World News and seemed like something that could be casually discussed.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: Police Cruisers Say 'In God We Trust'
(28-03-2016 03:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Someone from back near where I grew up posted this to Facebook:
'In God We Trust' Motto Going on Police Cruisers in Buckhannon

Quote:BUCKHANNON -

Police cars at the Buckhannon Police Department will soon have a well known motto on its vehicles.

Buckhannon City Council approved a measure to allow the words "In God We Trust" be displayed on all 10 of the city's police cruisers.

Chief Matt Gregory said the effort was brought to city council's attention by local religious groups.

Gregory said the logo should be on all the cruisers within the next few weeks,

"I believe like I told council, I pray daily that God watch over all of our officers, and I think this is an extra measure of comfort that they have for them, so I don't have any personal problems with it," said Gregory.

Gregory said the group is trying to get signatures to support the same effort for the motto to appear on county law enforcement vehicles.

I'm guessing that surely the FFRF will go after it quick. Anyhow, posted here because I thought it was too low key a story for World News and seemed like something that could be casually discussed.

I saw this same thing in another place and reported it to the FFRF, nothing ever happened as far as I know.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Nothing is never enough for these idiots. It's on the money and in the pledge already, not that it should have been put there in the first place. The over 360,000 houses of worship of countless different sects of Christianity as well as other religions, no that is not enough for them, they need to gang tag government property as well. And they are also too stupid to understand the East is where too much of that leads.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
28-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Nothing says "I trust God to protect me" like carrying a sidearm and wearing Kevlar body armor.
[+] 9 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-03-2016, 06:01 PM
(28-03-2016 05:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Nothing says "I trust God to protect me" like carrying a sidearm and wearing Kevlar body armor.

The sidearm and Kevlar aren't for protection silly, they're for killing black people.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
28-03-2016, 06:34 PM
(28-03-2016 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 05:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Nothing says "I trust God to protect me" like carrying a sidearm and wearing Kevlar body armor.

The sidearm and Kevlar aren't for protection silly, they're for killing black people.

Dermabrasion with a bullet resistant vest for the win!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-03-2016, 07:00 PM
There's a bunch of very religious people in the Middle East, that are decapitating and burning people alive, destroying ancient monuments while threatening (and succeeding) to bring terror, violence and death to Europe.

But fuck that... This bumper sticker calls for immediate discussion!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
28-03-2016, 07:11 PM
I don't trust the fucking cops, either.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
28-03-2016, 08:19 PM
(28-03-2016 07:00 PM)Sam Wrote:  There's a bunch of very religious people in the Middle East, that are decapitating and burning people alive, destroying ancient monuments while threatening (and succeeding) to bring terror, violence and death to Europe.

In some regards ignoring the stupid fucks is both a coping mechanism while in an off-handed way telling them they ain’t worth the sweat off our balls.

PS BTW love the Kelly’s Heroes avatar

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-03-2016, 08:35 PM
(28-03-2016 08:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 07:00 PM)Sam Wrote:  There's a bunch of very religious people in the Middle East, that are decapitating and burning people alive, destroying ancient monuments while threatening (and succeeding) to bring terror, violence and death to Europe.

In some regards ignoring the stupid fucks is both a coping mechanism while in an off-handed way telling them they ain’t worth the sweat off our balls.

PS BTW love the Kelly’s Heroes avatar

I get what your saying... But still, as the old saying goes... AK47s and Semtex may break my bones, but bumper stickers will never hurt me.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]