Police Fatally Shoot Man During Traffic Stop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: Police Fatally Shoot Man During Traffic Stop
(13-07-2016 08:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It honestly looks staged...........

Is it??? I don't know.

Dear Christ. So the guy dies *on camera* and it looks "staged". What's next? Maybe the corpse is just pretending?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2016, 09:59 AM
(13-07-2016 09:06 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 08:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno....

I saw a bit of the video -- and in my experience -- when someone sees somebody they know get killed -- they're not likely to be in a frame of mind to calmly and rationally speak -- let alone video record the whole event....................

It honestly looks staged...........

Is it??? I don't know.

Neither does anyone else at this point...

If it's real -- that woman needs to be a war correspondent.....

Super composed for sure. She is in shock. For some people in shock, things slow down. She talks to the cop as if he, not she, her daughter and the dying guy are the real victims. And that is exactly what a lot of people will think.

Gunshots, in an enclosed space. A daughter in the back seat. A jumpy cop still pointing the weapon in the car, finger on trigger. Ready to take her out too if he does not see her hands. What happens if she panics and acts "normally"? Her calm demeanor probably saved her life.

She wants to get out alive. And if she doesn't, she wants it documented. Because nobody would believe anything different from the police narrative if she is killed.

I agree totally.... It's just so damned unbelievable that someone could keep it together that well.... Panic, terror, screaming and crying are more usually the reaction......

I'd probably shit my pants - as would most people...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Another marijuana related death. - SNL

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
13-07-2016, 11:59 AM
(13-07-2016 09:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 09:06 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Super composed for sure. She is in shock. For some people in shock, things slow down. She talks to the cop as if he, not she, her daughter and the dying guy are the real victims. And that is exactly what a lot of people will think.

Gunshots, in an enclosed space. A daughter in the back seat. A jumpy cop still pointing the weapon in the car, finger on trigger. Ready to take her out too if he does not see her hands. What happens if she panics and acts "normally"? Her calm demeanor probably saved her life.

She wants to get out alive. And if she doesn't, she wants it documented. Because nobody would believe anything different from the police narrative if she is killed.

I agree totally.... It's just so damned unbelievable that someone could keep it together that well.... Panic, terror, screaming and crying are more usually the reaction......

I'd probably shit my pants - as would most people...

I would appear that her reaction is not so unusual in situations of trauma. At least according to one expert. He says it's consistent with dissociative state. A coping mechanism.

Quote:Trauma experts say Reynolds's response wasn't surprising. Jim Hopper, a psychology instructor at Harvard Medical School, watched the footage Thursday and said her behavior was consistent with what he calls a dissociative state.

In the immediate aftermath of horrific violence, he said, victims don’t always sob. Reynolds's face appeared stoic. Her voice remained steady: “You told him to get his ID, sir. His driver’s license,” she told the police officer. But it doesn't mean she wasn't afraid.

“People are literally not feeling in their body what’s going on,” Hopper said. “That circuitry can basically shut down. This is the brain on horror.”

In the car, as Castile moaned beside her, Reynolds kept talking, repeating similar phrases:

“Please, Jesus, don’t tell me that he’s gone.”

“Please don’t tell me he’s gone.”

“Please, officer, don’t tell me that you just did this to him.”

It's easier to appear unfazed, Hopper said, if a victim has something to focus on. Sometimes, it’s helping others. Sometimes, it’s calling for help. In Reynolds’s case, it’s telling the world what happened to Castile.

“She’s grasping for dear life to these phrases, to this phone," he said. "You can think of it as a life raft to try to get through this.”

Hopper, who studies the impact of trauma on the brain, compared Reynolds's reaction to what he has witnessed among victims of sexual assault. When they report attacks to authorities, he said, they often sound like they're reading from a grocery list. Trauma can trigger pain-regulating hormones, which can make a victim appear to be relaxed, even apathetic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...-reynolds/

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
13-07-2016, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 09:19 PM by Fireball.)
(13-07-2016 08:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno....

I saw a bit of the video -- and in my experience -- when someone sees somebody they know get killed -- they're not likely to be in a frame of mind to calmly and rationally speak -- let alone video record the whole event....................

It honestly looks staged...........

Is it??? I don't know.

Neither does anyone else at this point...

If it's real -- that woman needs to be a war correspondent.....

There are plenty of people who can keep a cool head in a given stressful situation. I'll give two examples that happened to me, though I will be the first to tell you that I ain't that cool calm and collected every time.

1. I was welding (I forget what) when I noticed that I was getting pretty hot. I raised the helmet to find that the lower front of my coveralls were on fire. I realized that the fire was low, so I just shucked them off and stomped the fire out. Didn't have to stop, drop and roll.

2. I worked in a gas station many years ago. The pump jockey failed to remove the nozzle from the customer's car after they paid; they didn't notice, and started to drive off, pulling the hose and rupturing it. Customer stopped, but the pump jockey just stood there pointing, and said, "Looook!". I ran from the other island and shut the pump off. He hadn't even done that. We lost about a gallon of gas. Fortunately, the customer's car wasn't damaged. I put the gas cap on and sent them on their way, and dealt with the gasoline all over the island.

ETA: Don't let me make you think that I have acted appropriately every time I have been confronted with an emergency. While I haven't actually crapped my pants in an emergency (except on the way to the hospital, driving myself after my appendix ruptured) I just wanted to point out a couple of times where I did respond appropriately.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post