Police investigating complaint of blasphemy against Stephen Fry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 05:50 AM
Police investigating complaint of blasphemy against Stephen Fry
Embarrassing to be honest. We've being trying, for years, to have this silly blasphemy law removed from the constitution. But every time the government refuses stating that it will never be used anyway. So maybe this is not such a bad thing. It will probably backfire and force the government to hold a referendum.

http://www.thejournal.ie/stephen-fry-com...8-May2017/

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
06-05-2017, 05:53 AM
RE: Police investigating complaint of blasphemy against Stephen Fry
(06-05-2017 05:50 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Embarrassing to be honest. We've being trying, for years, to have this silly blasphemy law removed from the constitution. But every time the government refuses stating that it will never be used anyway. So maybe this is not such a bad thing. It will probably backfire and force the government to hold a referendum.

Long live Stephen Fry.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 2 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
06-05-2017, 05:54 AM
(06-05-2017 05:50 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Embarrassing to be honest. We've being trying, for years, to have this silly blasphemy law removed from the constitution. But every time the government refuses stating that it will never be used anyway. So maybe this is not such a bad thing. It will probably backfire and force the government to hold a referendum.

Time for another episode of QI. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
06-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Good. The more people who see this clip, the better. Like someone else said, I'm fucking tired of the whole world trying to mollycoddle the delicate sensibilities of religionists. Grow up and join us in the 21st century. And if you don't want to be mocked, don't go spouting ridiculous, poisonous things. And above all - stop shoving them in our face. Your time is over, your vicious mythology is on its deathbead, about to join the myriads others that came before it but weren't nearly violent and aggressive enough to manage to dominate, poison and hold back humanity for centuries. Censored

[Image: quote-blasphemy-a-law-to-protect-an-all-...-22-02.jpg]

[Image: Rowan-Atkinson-On-Blasphemy.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 15 users Like Vera's post
06-05-2017, 05:57 AM
I'm more worried about Hugh Laurie.

Stephen is relatively speaking the mild-mannered member of that team.

Fuck blasphemy laws.

“Of all the strange 'crimes' that human beings have legislated of nothing, 'blasphemy' is the most amazing - with 'obscenity' and 'indecent exposure' fighting it out for the second and third place.” - Robert A. Heinlein

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-05-2017, 06:12 AM
It would be interesting if it went all the way to court. I'd love to see Stephen Fry take the stand and defend himself against such a ridiculous charge.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
06-05-2017, 06:14 AM
Some of the comments are gold Laugh out load

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-05-2017, 06:19 AM
(06-05-2017 06:12 AM)Marozz Wrote:  It would be interesting if it went all the way to court. I'd love to see Stephen Fry take the stand and defend himself against such a ridiculous charge.

Honestly, if I had the money to afford the fine, I'd consider it an honor and a privilege to have a conviction for this.

I'd insist on a trial, then go into that courtroom and give the most solid, well-researched, and most blasphemous takedown of religion ever seen in public... then pay the fine, frame the citation/judgment paperwork, and mount it on the wall of my foyer!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-05-2017, 06:33 AM

Stephen Fry gave a great answer.
06-05-2017, 07:14 AM
(06-05-2017 06:19 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Honestly, if I had the money to afford the fine, I'd consider it an honor and a privilege to have a conviction for this.

Reminds me of when the Chief Engineer reviewed my service record. (Engineering ratings have reputation for finding new and imaginative ways to get in trouble.)

"No arrests, no disorderly conducts, no drinking incidents, never arrested for hiring a prostitute. So, what's wrong with you?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post