Police kill armed man in Houston, protesters show up and throw bottles at police

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 06:38 PM by Vosur.)
RE: Police kill armed man in Houston, protesters show up and throw bottles at police
(27-12-2014 06:22 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm pretty sure he's talking out of his ass. There are no records of him being banned anywhere in the moderator logs.

Of course not. I run a forum. I know how it works. If a banning is reversed from someone high enough it will disappear from the log.
You do realize that not all forums use the same forum software, don't you? That's not how things work around here. All moderator, super moderator and admin actions that were performed during the last couple of years are stored in the logs. Nothing is ever deleted from them. We also don't "delete comments" as a matter of principle, so there's another thing you're apparently lying about.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Police kill armed man in Houston, protesters show up and throw bottles at police
(27-12-2014 06:30 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  What forum would that be? Consider

It's a forum for 4x4 enthusiasts.

What's it called? I used to be into that back in the day. I had a fun little truck.
27-12-2014, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 06:49 PM by Patriot10mm.)
(27-12-2014 06:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:22 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Of course not. I run a forum. I know how it works. If a banning is reversed from someone high enough it will disappear from the log.
You do realize that not all forums use the same forum software, don't you? That's not how things work around here. All moderator, super moderator and admin actions that were performed during the last couple of years are stored in the logs. Nothing is ever deleted from them. We also don't "delete comments" as a matter of principle, so there's another thing you're apparent lying about.

Ok. Obviously I can't convince you. But anyone making claims such as I did could easily be disproved, so why would I make that up? That makes no sense. I know what I saw. I know I got an error message that said You are banned, you cannot view the forum or make any comments or words to that affect. I can screenshot my PM to DeepThought when it happened and send it to you. Shortly after I sent the PM I was reinstated and the offending posts were gone from the thread.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
27-12-2014, 06:46 PM
(27-12-2014 06:05 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, right. DeepThought is the creator and he wouldn't even have bothered to read your plea. ... Wanna go hunt some negroes? I'm kinda bored.

That's who I PM'd with my complaint and was reinstated right away. He's the boss right? Or is there someone higher? My welcome message came from him though. I took screenshots of someone threatening me in the thread that got me banned. But the comments were deleted.

No, Deep is not the boss, though it would not surprise me that had he more time and the inclination, he would be. The head honcho here is Stark, unless I missed an announcement recently, and I get the feeling he wouldn't particularly care. Assuming I recall correctly, the job of unbanning a person is (based on precedent) left to the highest of the ups anyway, of which Deep is not strictly a part.
Further more, it is rather convenient that the posts have been deleted, is it not? Since only a mod can do that and there isn't a historical precedent for such behaviour. Closest in my memory that has ever come to posts being deleted was during the Pedo Scandal, where an offending thread were moved to an inaccessible part of the forum, instead of deleted.
If you can produce aforementioned screenshots, that would certainly be evidence to consider.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-12-2014, 06:52 PM
(27-12-2014 06:38 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Ok. Obviously I can't convince you. But anyone making claims such as I did could easily be disproved, so why would I make that up? That makes no sense. I know what I saw. I know I got an error message that said You are banned, you cannot view the forum or make any comments or words to that affect. I can screenshot my PM to DeepThought when it happened and send it to you.
That doesn't mean that anyone banned you intentionally. A couple of months ago, we had a similar incident when a long-standing user (Im_Ryan) received the same error message as he attempted to log into his account. None of the staff members had banned him and there was no record of him ever being banned. After some investigating, it turned out that his IP was within the IP range of a spam bot that was banned the other day. The solution was to send DeepThought a PM and have him fix it because he's the forum's tech guy. The same thing happened to LostandInsecure a couple of weeks ago on atheistforums.org (they also use the MyBB forum software). I told them what to look for and the cause and fix were the same as in Im_Ryan's case. That's probably what happened to you as well. We don't ban people arbitrarily around here and you certainly didn't post anything that would merit a ban on your first day.

27-12-2014, 06:57 PM
(27-12-2014 06:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:38 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Ok. Obviously I can't convince you. But anyone making claims such as I did could easily be disproved, so why would I make that up? That makes no sense. I know what I saw. I know I got an error message that said You are banned, you cannot view the forum or make any comments or words to that affect. I can screenshot my PM to DeepThought when it happened and send it to you.
That doesn't mean that anyone banned you intentionally. A couple of months ago, we had a similar incident when a long-standing user (Im_Ryan) received the same error message as he attempted to log into his account. None of the staff members had banned him and there was no record of him ever being banned. After some investigating, it turned out that his IP was within the IP range of a spam bot that was banned the other day. The solution was to send DeepThought a PM and have him fix it because he's the forum's tech guy. The same thing happened to LostandInsecure a couple of weeks ago on atheistforums.org (they also use the MyBB forum software). I told them what to look for and the cause and fix were the same as in Im_Ryan's case. That's probably what happened to you as well. We don't ban people arbitrarily around here and you certainly didn't post anything that would merit a ban on your first day.

Happened to me as well at some point, actually.
I was very bored that day.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-12-2014, 06:58 PM
(27-12-2014 06:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Well, if that were the case, and mistakes do happen with that IP stuff, I can see how that happened. I once banned someone who worked for Boeing using the ban on host name feature. It banned all of my members that log in from Boeing computers.

So, from my point of view, I was banned, and the error was corrected. That doesn't make me a liar. I really was banned and assumed it was the thread where I called democrats zombies. My post and a few others were gone when I went back to it, unless that was an error too and they reappeared later. But still, not lying. As I said, I can show you my messages I sent to Deepthought trying to figure it out.

27-12-2014, 07:06 PM
(27-12-2014 06:58 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That doesn't mean that anyone banned you intentionally. A couple of months ago, we had a similar incident when a long-standing user (Im_Ryan) received the same error message as he attempted to log into his account. None of the staff members had banned him and there was no record of him ever being banned. After some investigating, it turned out that his IP was within the IP range of a spam bot that was banned the other day. The solution was to send DeepThought a PM and have him fix it because he's the forum's tech guy. The same thing happened to LostandInsecure a couple of weeks ago on atheistforums.org (they also use the MyBB forum software). I told them what to look for and the cause and fix were the same as in Im_Ryan's case. That's probably what happened to you as well. We don't ban people arbitrarily around here and you certainly didn't post anything that would merit a ban on your first day.
Well, if that were the case, and mistakes do happen with that IP stuff, I can see how that happened. I once banned someone who worked for Boeing using the ban on host name feature. It banned all of my members that log in from Boeing computers.

So, from my point of view, I was banned, and the error was corrected. That doesn't make me a liar. I really was banned and assumed it was the thread where I called democrats zombies. My post and a few others were gone when I went back to it, unless that was an error too and they reappeared later. But still, not lying. As I said, I can show you my messages I sent to Deepthought trying to figure it out.
My apologies for insinuating that you were lying about it; it just sounds so contrary to our forum policies that I have a hard time believing it was done intentionally. You don't need to show me your messages to DT, I believe you when you say that it was an honest misunderstanding.

27-12-2014, 07:09 PM
(27-12-2014 07:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:58 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Well, if that were the case, and mistakes do happen with that IP stuff, I can see how that happened. I once banned someone who worked for Boeing using the ban on host name feature. It banned all of my members that log in from Boeing computers.

My apologies for insinuating that you were lying about it; it just sounds so contrary to our forum policies that I have a hard time believing it was done intentionally. You don't need to show me your messages to DT, I believe you when you say that it was an honest misunderstanding.

And I apologize for assuming that I was banned for pettiness. Guess you all are very accommodating, much more than most any other forum I've been around.

27-12-2014, 07:14 PM
(27-12-2014 07:09 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 07:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  My apologies for insinuating that you were lying about it; it just sounds so contrary to our forum policies that I have a hard time believing it was done intentionally. You don't need to show me your messages to DT, I believe you when you say that it was an honest misunderstanding.

And I apologize for assuming that I was banned for pettiness. Guess you all are very accommodating, much more than most any other forum I've been around.

Yes. the forum does tend to be more accommodating than most... The people not so much.