Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 09:29 AM by epronovost.)
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
Obviously, there was a massive communication problem in this arrest and the police officer, as the man in control and in power during an arrest is the first to blame. Your argument that the victim didn't expressed his situation perfectly is moot. Here how it could have went?

Victim: I have a gun.
Police offcier: In that situation, lets take things slowly if you please. Do you have a permit to carry?
Victim: yes. Do you want to see it?
Police officer: Without moving your hands, can you tell me where you keep your gun on your person?
Victim: Its (insert position)
Police officer: Without moving your hands, where is your wallet?
Police officer: Are your driving and firearm permit in your wallet?
Victim: yes.
Police officer: Can you retrive slowly your wallet and present your paper slowly and calmly?
Victim: execute himself
Police officer recieves appropriate informations and can carry on with is routine control.

During an arrest, the police officer should be the most calm and collected person. He should use his mouth and brain much more than his brawn or gun. The police officer has numerous options to deal with the arrest of an armed man. 99% of them involve talking calmly to the person and using well polished social skills.

The excuse of the police officer that he was extremely affraid of the man because he looked like a known burglar is even more ridiculous. He sees a man that claimed to be armed and who looks like a suspect. instead of telling the victime to wait a moment and call for reinforcement instead of proceeding to the potential arrest, alone, of an armed man, he continues. There is so many mistakes here that its not surprising that such tragic incident happen.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like epronovost's post
18-06-2017, 09:30 AM
I wish the cop had shown more restraint but olb has some good advice if you want to stay alive.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
18-06-2017, 09:50 AM
In my opinion, it was a total miscarriage of justice for officer Jeronimo Yanez to be acquitted on all charges.

After watching the video of the aftermath, we can see Yanez still pointing his gun at Castile (after firing SEVEN times)—although already shot, moaning, in a semi-prone position, and bleeding profusely. Why did Yanez or officer Joseph Kauser, Yanez’s partner, not then attempt first aid or CPR on the clearly disabled Castile?

Kauser later testified that he did not see a gun in Castile’s car, did not smell the burned marijuana described by Yanez, and was not alarmed by the situation until his colleague started shooting. He also said “I did not feel threatened at that point from where I was standing".

Castile's handgun was found still in the pocket of the shorts he was wearing.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
18-06-2017, 10:02 AM
(18-06-2017 07:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This is 16 years of experience.

What you got?

LOL... so now you're trying on the old "my dad's truck is bigger than your dads" stunt? Great argument there matey.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
18-06-2017, 10:05 AM
(18-06-2017 09:30 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I wish the cop had shown more restraint but olb has some good advice if you want to stay alive.

I too wish he had waited maybe one second longer....

But, you can't expect a cop to wait till a perp draws on him, because if the guy is even moderately fast the cop is very likely to catch a bullet.

I hear screaming about civilians not being well trained enough to carry concealed - but somehow, the onus for that lack of training somehow falls on the officer.....

I see that as wrong.

Sometimes the victim IS at fault.

I guess the jury felt that way too.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-06-2017, 10:07 AM
(18-06-2017 09:24 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Obviously, there was a massive communication problem in this arrest and the police officer, as the man in control and in power during an arrest is the first to blame. Your argument that the victim didn't expressed his situation perfectly is moot. Here how it could have went?

Police offcier: In that situation, lets take things slowly if you please. Do you have a permit to carry?
Police officer: Without moving your hands, can you tell me where you keep your gun on your person?
Police officer: Can you retrive slowly your wallet and present your paper slowly and calmly?
Police officer recieves appropriate informations and can carry on with is routine control.

During an arrest, the police officer should be the most calm and collected person. He should use his mouth and brain much more than his brawn or gun. The police officer has numerous options to deal with the arrest of an armed man. 99% of them involve talking calmly to the person and using well polished social skills.

The excuse of the police officer that he was extremely affraid of the man because he looked like a known burglar is even more ridiculous. He sees a man that claimed to be armed and who looks like a suspect. instead of telling the victime to wait a moment and call for reinforcement instead of proceeding to the potential arrest, alone, of an armed man, he continues. There is so many mistakes here that its not surprising that such tragic incident happen.

Jesus..

You're resorting to hypothetical situations to prove something????

That doesn't work.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2017, 10:09 AM
(18-06-2017 09:50 AM)SYZ Wrote:  In my opinion, it was a total miscarriage of justice for officer Jeronimo Yanez to be acquitted on all charges.

After watching the video of the aftermath, we can see Yanez still pointing his gun at Castile (after firing SEVEN times)—although already shot, moaning, in a semi-prone position, and bleeding profusely. Why did Yanez or officer Joseph Kauser, Yanez’s partner, not then attempt first aid or CPR on the clearly disabled Castile?

Kauser later testified that he did not see a gun in Castile’s car, did not smell the burned marijuana described by Yanez, and was not alarmed by the situation until his colleague started shooting. He also said “I did not feel threatened at that point from where I was standing".

Castile's handgun was found still in the pocket of the shorts he was wearing.

Key word - after.

What happens after an event doesn't cause the event.

Unless time runs a different direction in your world.

18-06-2017, 10:10 AM
(18-06-2017 10:02 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 07:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  This is 16 years of experience.

What you got?

LOL... so now you're trying on the old "my dad's truck is bigger than your dads" stunt? Great argument there matey.

Facepalm

18-06-2017, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 10:22 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-06-2017 10:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 09:30 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I wish the cop had shown more restraint but olb has some good advice if you want to stay alive.

I too wish he had waited maybe one second longer....

But, you can't expect a cop to wait till a perp draws on him, because if the guy is even moderately fast the cop is very likely to catch a bullet.

I hear screaming about civilians not being well trained enough to carry concealed - but somehow, the onus for that lack of training somehow falls on the officer.....

I see that as wrong.

Sometimes the victim IS at fault.

I guess the jury felt that way too.

Obviously you read nothing the jury said. They SAID they had to find as they did because the cop said he felt he was in mortal danger. That's all that has to happen to get acquitted. They never said the victim was at fault. They agreed they HAD to (reluctantly) follow the law, and acquit because the law says if the officer claims they feel they are tin mortal jeopardy, they get to kill you. Not taze you, not disable you. Kill you. The ONLY reason that happened was he failed to firmly direct the driver in how to act after he told him he had a gun. He did not control a situation that he LET get out of control. The victim IS not at fault here. The incompetent cop is. The tape clearly shows he NEVER told the suspect how to act and what to do. The victim was not resisting. Cops tell suspects what to do that all the time. It's their JOB to control the situation.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-06-2017, 10:20 AM
(18-06-2017 10:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 09:24 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Obviously, there was a massive communication problem in this arrest and the police officer, as the man in control and in power during an arrest is the first to blame. Your argument that the victim didn't expressed his situation perfectly is moot. Here how it could have went?

Jesus..

You're resorting to hypothetical situations to prove something????

That doesn't work.

Unfortunately it does work. It demonstrates what a poor job, the idiot cop who did this shooting did, and how he could have done it better.
It's called a "debriefing". They (professionals) do it ALL THE TIME, cops, sports, military, .... everybody.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.