Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 10:33 AM
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(18-06-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Who fucked up?

Guy who thought it was a good idea to hire someone named Geronimo to be a cop.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-06-2017, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 02:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-06-2017 09:13 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The fact is, most Americans have the right to carry firearms (except in the communist states of California, New York, New Jersey and Illinois where it's next to impossible to get a permit).

I think every single one of those "communist states" have larger economies than your state's.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/17/california...t-economy/
Laugh out loadLaugh out load

The firearm death rate is far higher in your state than in California. Better check the stats before you throw stones there, sport.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-06-2017, 10:38 AM
(18-06-2017 10:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Jesus..

You're resorting to hypothetical situations to prove something????

That doesn't work.

Actually yes, that's exactly how it works. Training is just that, hypothetical situation in which a person can practice some reflexe, technic and attitude in a safe environment. I am using a very classic example to illustrate how the police officer could have easily kept control of the situation by using the skills he has learned in training situation to avoid killing someone without any reason. Police officer practice arrests in hypothetical scenario multiple times before making their first real arrests.

My hypothetical scenario was meant to illustrate the severe lack of judgement and skills of the police officer by demonstrating that by the bacis use of questions and a calm demeanor, a police offcier can easily make an arrest even when the suspect is not using textbook language to express his situation. Your argument revolve around the fact that the victim didn't use textbook language to explain his situation, thus that the burden of his own demise rest mostly on his shoulder. My hypothetical scenario demonstrate that this argument falls flat in virtue of what is expected from a competant police officer and that the language used was perfectly correct provided the police officer was capable of thinking during the arrest which he did not.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
18-06-2017, 10:45 AM
(18-06-2017 10:38 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 10:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Jesus..

You're resorting to hypothetical situations to prove something????

That doesn't work.

Actually yes, that's exactly how it works. Training is just that, hypothetical situation in which a person can practice some reflexe, technic and attitude in a safe environment. I am using a very classic example to illustrate how the police officer could have easily kept control of the situation by using the skills he has learned in training situation to avoid killing someone without any reason. Police officer practice arrests in hypothetical scenario multiple times before making their first real arrests.

My hypothetical scenario was meant to illustrate the severe lack of judgement and skills of the police officer by demonstrating that by the bacis use of questions and a calm demeanor, a police offcier can easily make an arrest even when the suspect is not using textbook language to express his situation. Your argument revolve around the fact that the victim didn't use textbook language to explain his situation, thus that the burden of his own demise rest mostly on his shoulder. My hypothetical scenario demonstrate that this argument falls flat in virtue of what is expected from a competant police officer and that the language used was perfectly correct provided the police officer was capable of thinking during the arrest which he did not.

Sorry.

I'm sticking to what happened.

Not - coulda, woulda, shoulda.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2017, 10:46 AM
(18-06-2017 07:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You do it just like I said. "Legal requirement, I have a permit, I am carrying today".

So what you're saying is that is literally what you were trained to say. Which means that the cops are also trained to recognize that particular phrase. Which means that when the cops hear you say it, they know you have received proper instruction which makes them alert without being edgy. This sounds like an excellent idea to avoid misunderstandings and escalations with potentially fatal consequences. I think everyone should be required to receive that training before they can carry a gun. And even if not required, it would still be prudent for black folk to sign up.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-06-2017, 10:50 AM
(18-06-2017 10:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 07:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You do it just like I said. "Legal requirement, I have a permit, I am carrying today".

So what you're saying is that is literally what you were trained to say. Which means that the cops are also trained to recognize that particular phrase. Which means that when the cops hear you say it, they know you have received proper instruction which makes them alert without being edgy. This sounds like an excellent idea to avoid misunderstandings and escalations with potentially fatal consequences. I think everyone should be required to receive that training before they can carry a gun. And even if not required, it would still be prudent for black folk to sign up.

I've been through the CCW course several times.

I'm probably going to go again this summer, at my expense. ( we no longer doing courses here at my house)

It's not required to hold a permit.

It's just taking shit seriously, and being responsible.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2017, 10:59 AM
So, I have a question. Do cops have to go through firearms training with popup targets in different potential crisis situations like I see on TV? Because if so, it seems it would be easy enough to systematically design the demographics of the popups to determine if the applicant might have a disqualifying subconscious fear of any particular one.

"How'd I do, Cap'n?"
"You shot all the black people, Joe."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-06-2017, 11:03 AM
In the Opinion Of Gun Owners, I ask, among other questions, if the 2nd amendment increases the likelihood of police officers using deadly force on suspects. It would seem, that this case lends support to the idea that it does.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
18-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Keep hands visible, on steering wheel. Inform officer that you have CCW and are carrying. With hands on steering wheel, ASK cop how they want you to proceed. Short of that, you're rolling the dice. Shouting, "I got a gun!", then quickly reaching for anything, might get you shot.

Having said that, I don't know all the details of this particular case. I don't know all the facts, so I'm in no place to make judgement. I'll defer to the jury.
18-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Let's dispense with all this legal shit and do the right thing!
[Image: angrymob2.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user