Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(18-06-2017 10:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've been through the CCW course several times.

I'm probably going to go again this summer, at my expense. ( we no longer doing courses here at my house)

Are you convinced that you will pass this time?

I find it somewhat bizarre that it is possible to have lessons in how to conceal weapons on your body.

I do not quite understand how the police officer was not found guilty on the secondary charge of "endangering safety by discharging a firearm" - this seems very straightforward, he did discharge a firearm and did not merely endanger the driver but killed him. Didn't someone mention that he fired seven times?

Bob Dylan nailed this one over fifty years ago
"Bury the rag deep in your face
For now's the time for your tears."

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2017, 02:13 PM
(18-06-2017 12:27 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  I do not quite understand how the police officer was not found guilty on the secondary charge of "endangering safety by discharging a firearm" - this seems very straightforward, he did discharge a firearm and did not merely endanger the driver but killed him. Didn't someone mention that he fired seven times?

Because according to law, if he says he felt his life was in danger, the law (which may or may not need changing ... or a more specific standard established) says he gets to shoot. They can't BOTH say he can shoot, and can't shoot. One contradicts the other.

The entire business of police killing people in 2017 with guns is ridiculous. There have to be other technologies available to disable people.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-06-2017, 02:15 PM
(18-06-2017 10:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 09:13 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The fact is, most Americans have the right to carry firearms (except in the communist states of California, New York, New Jersey and Illinois where it's next to impossible to get a permit).

I think every single one of those "communist states" have larger economies than your state's.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/17/california...t-economy/
Laugh out loadLaugh out load

The firearm death rate is is far higher in your state than in California. Better check the stats before you throw stones there, sport.

Why would I care about "firearm death rate?" That would include all firearm deaths including suicides.

What would be more important to me is murder rate, assault rate and robbery rate. California and Arizona (where I live) are fairly similar as far as those rates go.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-06-2017, 02:18 PM
(18-06-2017 02:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 10:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think every single one of those "communist states" have larger economies than your state's.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/17/california...t-economy/
Laugh out loadLaugh out load

The firearm death rate is is far higher in your state than in California. Better check the stats before you throw stones there, sport.

Why would I care about "firearm death rate?" That would include all firearm deaths including suicides.

What would be more important to me is murder rate, assault rate and robbery rate. California and Arizona (where I live) are fairly similar as far as those rates go.

Great then sport. So if that is true, then the "communism" you spoke of is actually irrelevant, isn't it, genius.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-06-2017, 03:21 PM
(18-06-2017 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 02:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Why would I care about "firearm death rate?" That would include all firearm deaths including suicides.

Great then sport. So if that is true, then the "communism" you spoke of is actually irrelevant, isn't it, genius.

No. I specifically called California communist because of their strict gun laws. In Arizona, we are free to carry guns, pretty much anywhere, concealed or open carry, no permit required. Such is freedom.

18-06-2017, 03:26 PM
(18-06-2017 03:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great then sport. So if that is true, then the "communism" you spoke of is actually irrelevant, isn't it, genius.

No. I specifically called California communist because of their strict gun laws. In Arizona, we are free to carry guns, pretty much anywhere, concealed or open carry, no permit required. Such is freedom.

And the toy issue guides your voting, I bet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2017, 03:47 PM
(18-06-2017 03:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. I specifically called California communist because of their strict gun laws. In Arizona, we are free to carry guns, pretty much anywhere, concealed or open carry, no permit required. Such is freedom.

Everytime Arizona and guns is mentioned, I remember this cat who screwed up Gabby Gifford's brains.

[Image: 170px-Jared_Loughner_sheriff%27s_office.jpg]

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
18-06-2017, 03:50 PM
But there is the crowd that says we need more guns on the street to combat all the illegal guns on the street. DIdn't help this guy too much did it?
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
18-06-2017, 04:00 PM
(18-06-2017 03:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 02:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great then sport. So if that is true, then the "communism" you spoke of is actually irrelevant, isn't it, genius.

Of course you did, genius. That's the POINT, and you admitted it.
That freedom, ultimately makes no difference in the numbers. You said it yourself.

18-06-2017, 04:07 PM
(18-06-2017 04:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 03:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. I specifically called California communist because of their strict gun laws. In Arizona, we are free to carry guns, pretty much anywhere, concealed or open carry, no permit required. Such is freedom.

Of course you did, genius. That's the POINT, and you admitted it.
That freedom, ultimately makes no difference in the numbers. You said it yourself.

But I could turn that around just as easily. Those strict gun laws in California are not making the crime rate any better. So I'd rather be safe and have my gun than be forced to leave it at home.