Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(18-06-2017 04:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Of course you did, genius. That's the POINT, and you admitted it.
That freedom, ultimately makes no difference in the numbers. You said it yourself.

But I could turn that around just as easily. Those strict gun laws in California are not making the crime rate any better. So I'd rather be safe and have my gun than be forced to leave it at home.

The numbers don't lie.
YOU said they were basically the same.
If they are, you can't then turn around and claim your gun makes you "safer".
You said it yourself.

"Out of the mouths of babes".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2017, 04:23 PM
(18-06-2017 04:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But I could turn that around just as easily. Those strict gun laws in California are not making the crime rate any better. So I'd rather be safe and have my gun than be forced to leave it at home.

The numbers don't lie.
You said it yourself.

It makes "me" safer. Since I can defend myself in Arizona but I cannot in California.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
18-06-2017, 04:24 PM
(18-06-2017 10:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 10:38 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Actually yes, that's exactly how it works. Training is just that, hypothetical situation in which a person can practice some reflexe, technic and attitude in a safe environment. I am using a very classic example to illustrate how the police officer could have easily kept control of the situation by using the skills he has learned in training situation to avoid killing someone without any reason. Police officer practice arrests in hypothetical scenario multiple times before making their first real arrests.

My hypothetical scenario was meant to illustrate the severe lack of judgement and skills of the police officer by demonstrating that by the bacis use of questions and a calm demeanor, a police offcier can easily make an arrest even when the suspect is not using textbook language to express his situation. Your argument revolve around the fact that the victim didn't use textbook language to explain his situation, thus that the burden of his own demise rest mostly on his shoulder. My hypothetical scenario demonstrate that this argument falls flat in virtue of what is expected from a competant police officer and that the language used was perfectly correct provided the police officer was capable of thinking during the arrest which he did not.

Sorry.

I'm sticking to what happened.

Not - coulda, woulda, shoulda.

What happened is another cop got by shooting a citizen. WHo was totally within the law.
18-06-2017, 04:35 PM
(18-06-2017 04:24 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 10:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Sorry.

I'm sticking to what happened.

Not - coulda, woulda, shoulda.

What happened is another cop got by shooting a citizen. WHo was totally within the law.

It's a minor bit of information that gets buried in the polemic. Why is it permissible for a cop to kill you even if you clearly broke no laws? Why must innocent citizens have to carry the risk for cops who signed up for their dangerous work?

I think LDH's initial response touches on the question but obliquely. I can almost feel the pain of Philando's family.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
18-06-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 07:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-06-2017 04:23 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The numbers don't lie.
You said it yourself.

It makes "me" safer. Since I can defend myself in Arizona but I cannot in California.

That's what they all say.
The numbers show you are wrong, and making an unsupported claim.
The numbers (which YOU claimed were about the same) show that you are no safer under the policies of your state than the citizens of California are under theirs.
Your response is incoherent and irrelevant. It's not about you. The "numbers" are about statistics, not anecdotal claims by individuals. YOU started this when YOU SAID said the policies of California were "communistic", and therefore the policies you ridicule should have DIFFERENT outcomes than your state. They don't. You yourself said that. Your insult has been debunked, and it's nothing but bullshit, (like most of what you claim and say).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-06-2017, 08:29 PM
(18-06-2017 04:35 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:24 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  What happened is another cop got by shooting a citizen. WHo was totally within the law.

It's a minor bit of information that gets buried in the polemic. Why is it permissible for a cop to kill you even if you clearly broke no laws? Why must innocent citizens have to carry the risk for cops who signed up for their dangerous work?

I think LDH's initial response touches on the question but obliquely. I can almost feel the pain of Philando's family.

Permissible????

Quit being a fucking douchebag........

A cop made a bad call, BECAUSE OF a person fucking up, whilst carrying a concealed pistol.

One last time, I will explain this one more time to the more dense, who have problems comprehending.....

You assume certain responsibiliies when carrying a con

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-06-2017, 08:31 PM
(18-06-2017 04:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Of course you did, genius. That's the POINT, and you admitted it.
That freedom, ultimately makes no difference in the numbers. You said it yourself.

But I could turn that around just as easily. Those strict gun laws in California are not making the crime rate any better. So I'd rather be safe and have my gun than be forced to leave it at home.

How many years before the gun supply is less than the population, instead of double it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2017, 09:01 PM
(18-06-2017 08:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Permissible????

A cop made a bad call, BECAUSE OF a person fucking up, whilst carrying a concealed pistol.

One last time, I will explain this one more time to the more dense, who have problems comprehending.....

That's nothing but your personal opinion, douche-bag. During the trial the prosecution went after the cop as he failed to control the situation. The cop is FIRED. The guy who got killed did nothing wrong, except driving without a tail light. You can try to IMPOSE your opinion as the ONLY valid one from here to kingdom come .... it;'s never going to be any more than your opinion ... one that is not shared by many. Calling people "dense" who disagree with you tell us more about YOU than it does about this subject.

18-06-2017, 09:14 PM
(18-06-2017 08:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:35 PM)tomilay Wrote:  It's a minor bit of information that gets buried in the polemic. Why is it permissible for a cop to kill you even if you clearly broke no laws? Why must innocent citizens have to carry the risk for cops who signed up for their dangerous work?

Permissible????

Philando was commiting a crime when he was shot. No? Rude and aggressive perhaps. No?

Yet, the cop who shot him was acquitted. This ruling implies that it is permissible for a cop to kill you, even if you have not committed any crime. The risk of his work and irrational fears can be borne by innocent citizens. He bears none of it because he has to go home.

Your explanation is irrelevant to this point I think. It's nonsense. You have already been told that a cop who is jumpy because someone is legally armed probably shouldn't be in the force. His own department wants nothing to do with him.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 6 users Like tomilay's post
19-06-2017, 12:53 AM
(18-06-2017 02:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 12:27 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  I do not quite understand how the police officer was not found guilty on the secondary charge of "endangering safety by discharging a firearm" - this seems very straightforward, he did discharge a firearm and did not merely endanger the driver but killed him. Didn't someone mention that he fired seven times?

Because according to law, if he says he felt his life was in danger, the law (which may or may not need changing ... or a more specific standard established) says he gets to shoot. They can't BOTH say he can shoot, and can't shoot. One contradicts the other.

The entire business of police killing people in 2017 with guns is ridiculous. There have to be other technologies available to disable people.

Yes, the laws are contradictory. If someone who has committed no crime is killed, then his killer's belief that his life was in danger is no more than an extenuating circumstance not a Get Out of Jail Free card.

If the victim had believed his life was in danger - as it obviously was - then would he have been justified in shooting the cop? (This is not a snark but a genuine query. I am not an American and I am not familiar with the ramifications of the laws.)

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post