Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 02:41 AM
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(19-06-2017 12:53 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  If the victim had believed his life was in danger - as it obviously was - then would he have been justified in shooting the cop? (This is not a snark but a genuine query. I am not an American and I am not familiar with the ramifications of the laws.)

He'd go to jail for a very long time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-06-2017, 05:23 AM
(19-06-2017 02:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 12:53 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  If the victim had believed his life was in danger - as it obviously was - then would he have been justified in shooting the cop? (This is not a snark but a genuine query. I am not an American and I am not familiar with the ramifications of the laws.)

He'd go to jail for a very long time.

So much for equality before the law.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 1 user Likes Norm Deplume's post
19-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Serious Inquiry Only Podcast

SIO51: Andrew Torrez on Manslaughter: Philando Castile and Michelle Carter

In the same weekend, a teen found guilty of manslaughter for convincing her boyfriend to commit suicide, and a police officer found NOT guilty after shooting and killing Philando Castile. It has left many wondering, how did this happen? This demands expert analysis, so I’ve brought in the big guns in Andrew Torrez, resident law expert at the Opening Arguments Podcast to help us understand the situation!

http://seriouspod.com/sio51-andrew-torre...le-carter/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-06-2017, 11:24 AM
I smh that anyone sides with the cop here. Goddamn, you might as well say they can do whatever the fuck they want.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
20-06-2017, 11:30 AM
(18-06-2017 07:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I disagree.

You take on a responsibility when you carry a concealed handgun.

Part of that responsibility is to interface properly with law enforcement officers should such interaction occur.

If you can't accept that responsibility, don't carry as gun.

Or are you a "wild West" kinda guy???

Apparently the cop was.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
20-06-2017, 11:34 AM
(20-06-2017 11:24 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Goddamn, you might as well say they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Well, duh! They are cops, of course they can and don't you dare question that most godlike of creatures, the 'murrican copper. Don't even think about it. Just GET ON THE GROUND! DO IT NOW and pray they weren't out of jelly doughnuts at the doughnut shop this morning, 'cause then you're a gonner, pal, and it's all YOUR FAULT Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-06-2017, 01:11 PM
(20-06-2017 11:24 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I smh that anyone sides with the cop here. Goddamn, you might as well say they can do whatever the fuck they want.

That does seem to be the mentality..

" fuck the pigs"..

We "know" the cops are always guilty.......

Funny though...

If they're such a bunch of crooked, evil motherfuckers ---

How come people still call them for help???????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-06-2017, 02:06 PM
(20-06-2017 01:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We "know" the cops are always guilty

Everybody get down, TTA is about to implode on itself, maybe even the planet, such is the irony of this post in this thread Facepalm

[Image: b254e9c2e326f13aebaeed6d831e42d5.jpg]

Quote:If they're such a bunch of crooked, evil motherfuckers ---

How come people still call them for help???????

Because this is what they are PAID to do? Mayby? Perhaps? Just throwing bullets around, see which (black) person they end up in Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
20-06-2017, 02:16 PM
(20-06-2017 02:06 PM)Vera Wrote:  [quote='onlinebiker' pid='1202701' dateline='1497985901']
Because this is what they are PAID to do? Mayby? Perhaps? Just throwing bullets around, see which (black) person they end up in Drinking Beverage

It's also good to note that vigilantism is also illegal. That doesn't leave with many other options.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
20-06-2017, 02:21 PM
(18-06-2017 02:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Why would I care about "firearm death rate?" That would include all firearm deaths including suicides.

The graph on the left was put out by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The graph on the right was me photoshopping the original so that the y-axis goes in the usual direction instead of upside down. I doubt that there was a sudden increase in suicides when Florida's stand-your-ground law went into effect. And C.Chan needs to be fired.

[Image: Picture2_zpsbu9xngtm.png]
[/quote]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post