Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2017, 06:06 PM
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(20-06-2017 01:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 11:24 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I smh that anyone sides with the cop here. Goddamn, you might as well say they can do whatever the fuck they want.

That does seem to be the mentality..

" fuck the pigs"..

We "know" the cops are always guilty.......

Funny though...

If they're such a bunch of crooked, evil motherfuckers ---

How come people still call them for help???????

You're really terrible at this. This is the second time you've gone straight to the strawman that it's "fuck all police".

I'm talking about THIS GODDAMN SCENARIO. Is that so hard for you to understand? Or is it your job to immediately be an apologist for all things police?

Jesus fucking christ.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
21-06-2017, 06:50 AM
(20-06-2017 06:06 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 01:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That does seem to be the mentality..

" fuck the pigs"..

We "know" the cops are always guilty.......

Funny though...

If they're such a bunch of crooked, evil motherfuckers ---

How come people still call them for help???????

You're really terrible at this. This is the second time you've gone straight to the strawman that it's "fuck all police".

I'm talking about THIS GODDAMN SCENARIO. Is that so hard for you to understand? Or is it your job to immediately be an apologist for all things police?

Jesus fucking christ.

In this country we have this thing, called " innocent till proven guilty".

We had a trial, and the cop was acquitted.

But you " know" better than the jury despite their ability to review the evidence, while you just review your bias.

How is that appologist??????

Your "logic" is on par with Ken Hamm's.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-06-2017, 07:00 AM
(21-06-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In this country we have this thing, called " innocent till proven guilty".

But you " know" better than the jury despite their ability to review the evidence, while you just review your bias.

The "innocent until proven guilty" scenario also should apply when an officer pulls over a motorist.

The thing is that the acquittal fits a pattern, and this pattern shows evidence of structural racism.

Like you, I wasn't on the jury and wasn't privy to the details of the case.

But the simple fact is that if you're a black male, you are more likely to be shot and killed by police. That's simply a fact. Source: Police are more likely to kill black men, study finds

By any measure you wish to use, it's clear that something is fundamentally wrong in the way the police and courts respond to black males.
[+] 6 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-06-2017, 07:14 AM
(21-06-2017 07:00 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In this country we have this thing, called " innocent till proven guilty".

The "innocent until proven guilty" scenario also should apply when an officer pulls over a motorist.

The thing is that the acquittal fits a pattern, and this pattern shows evidence of structural racism.

Like you, I wasn't on the jury and wasn't privy to the details of the case.

But the simple fact is that if you're a black male, you are more likely to be shot and killed by police. That's simply a fact. Source: Police are more likely to kill black men, study finds

By any measure you wish to use, it's clear that something is fundamentally wrong in the way the police and courts respond to black males.

The "we talking about THIS case" to talking about generalities seems to change....

I am talking about this case.

From what I heard, including the just released audio of the shooting -

It seems the officer did indeed react ( incorrectly) to a percieved threat. Any person in that same situation could react the same way. There does not seem to be any malice in the officers response. The officer thought the guy was going for his gun, and the officer drew and fired until the guy stopped. As trained - shoot till the threat quits being a threat.

The jury seems to have felt that way too.

Other bad encounters that other officers have had should have nothing to do with this case.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-06-2017, 07:26 AM
(21-06-2017 07:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The "we talking about THIS case" to talking about generalities seems to change....

I am talking about this case.
I agree, the conversation does tend to jump around a bit which can make it confusing.
(21-06-2017 07:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  From what I heard, including the just released audio of the shooting -

It seems the officer did indeed react ( incorrectly) to a percieved threat. Any person in that same situation could react the same way. There does not seem to be any malice in the officers response. The officer thought the guy was going for his gun, and the officer drew and fired until the guy stopped. As trained - shoot till the threat quits being a threat.

The jury seems to have felt that way too.

Other bad encounters that other officers have had should have nothing to do with this case.
I haven't heard the audio or seen the video but I'll go with your interpretation that the officer reacted incorrectly, though without malice. But the result is the same: an innocent man was shot and killed.

My point is that one cannot really look at this incident without considering the context of the wider world: that, in the US, black men are far more likely to be shot by police. That's simply what the evidence shows.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-06-2017, 07:42 AM
They've released the dash cam video from the cop car. It is incredibly disturbing.

To me, the officer did not even listen to the motorist. It seems the officer's fear level shot up as soon as the guy said, "I have to tell you, I have a firearm." Then, adrenalin took over and all control was lost. The officer was terrified and holding a weapon - that's not a good combination.

I find it hard to believe this was viewed in court and the officer did not even get manslaughter.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
21-06-2017, 08:12 AM
(21-06-2017 07:42 AM)kim Wrote:  They've released the dash cam video from the cop car. It is incredibly disturbing.

To me, the officer did not even listen to the motorist. It seems the officer's fear level shot up as soon as the guy said, "I have to tell you, I have a firearm." Then, adrenalin took over and all control was lost. The officer was terrified and holding a weapon - that's not a good combination.

I find it hard to believe this was viewed in court and the officer did not even get manslaughter.

I've just watched the video.

The officer fired 7 times. Seven times.

The officer was clearly out of his depth.

I was even willing to give the officer and the jury the benefit of the doubt, but now that I've seen the video, it's abundantly clear: the verdict was a miscarriage of justice at the highest level.
[+] 6 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-06-2017, 08:16 AM
The trainer from the Minneapolis Police Department said on viewing the dash-cam video, that it was not a justified shooting. He probably has just a bit more experience with these situations than anyone here.
The jury followed the law, (which needs changing), UNLESS one brings in "jury nullification" ... which they *can* do, but in the US, no one is allowed to explain that to a jury, (which is REALLY REALLY stupid), but then if they *did* do that, what happens to the "rule of law" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2017, 08:21 AM
(21-06-2017 07:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Any person in that same situation could react the same way.

A totally FALSE assumption, INCLUDING the partner at the scene who said he perceived no threat.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2017, 08:32 AM
(21-06-2017 08:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The jury followed the law, (which needs changing), UNLESS one brings in "jury nullification" ... which they *can* do, but in the US...

Yes, a judge could over-rule the jury. But that's extremely rare and is unlikely to happen here, even though it's clearly justified.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post