Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 03:01 PM
RE: Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(18-06-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  http://www.startribune.com/fifth-day-of-...428862473/

Short story - cop pulls guy over.

Guy has gun, and concealed permit ,says ," I have a gun" and reaches for it despite cops warning. Cop shoots guy.
It seems likely that he was reaching for his permit, to show the cop.
Y'know, like when they expect you to show them your license, registration, and insurance card?

Quote:Protests ensue.

Who fucked up?
The guy in the car AND the cop fucked up.

Who should have been expected to not fuck up?

The cop.

Quote:I agree with the cop.
I carry concealed every day. I've been pulled over when carrying. I haven't been shot.

Why?
I do it right, every time.
Let me guess: you start off by not being black?

(Sorry; cheap shot. But it had to be said.)

Quote:Right way.

( hands away from body where cop can see at all times)

(Spoken slowly and clearly, with appropriate paused)
"Officer, I have a legal requirement to fulfill........ I have a concealed carry permit......I am carrying today"...

Wrong way

" I gotta gun" ( reach for it)

See the difference????

If not - you shouldn't carry a gun.
Sure, I agree about the right and wrong way with the gun.

There's also a right way and a wrong way to interact with cops;
not everybody is familiar with it, especially if they've never been stopped by a cop before.

>Hands in plain sight; away from body.

>Look directly at the cop.

>Do not move unless told to do so.

>If told, move only as the cop directs you to move; improvisation can get you killed.

>Be responsive and speak clearly, distinctly, and politely.

>Do not complain, argue, or show anger -- save your arguments for the judge.

Thing is, most people don't necessarily know this.
Most get at least a little flustered when they get stopped by a cop.
Most have zero idea how what they think of as innocent actions may be interpreted by the cop.

Because most people are not highly trained to interact with cops.

Cops, however, ARE highly trained in how to interact with the public.
Or at least, they're supposed to be.
The burden of keeping the situation under control is on the cop.

Guns ablazin' is not a situation under control.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dr H's post
21-06-2017, 03:05 PM
(18-06-2017 08:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And yet - 12 people who saw the evidence disagree with you ( who did not see it,).

The video of the incident which the jury saw, has been released publically.

--
Dr H

21-06-2017, 03:10 PM
I just watched the dashcam vid released by the police.
The US of fucking A never ceases to amaze me. Facepalm

The guy calmly says he has a weapon, then (slowly?) reaches for it. The cop sticks his gun through the open window and seemingly holds it to the guys face and fires a complete fucking magazine (i counted 7-8 shots) right into him, AT FUCKING POINT BLANK RANGE.

At what point after the .....3rd shot(?) did the officer think it was necessary to fire some more into his victim to incapacitate him. Oh i know, he didnt think at fucking all after the 2nd shot, because he fired all seven within less than 3 seconds. Facepalm

Where i am from, and i am quite confident, the cop would have been convicted....not only of manslaugher.

Why dont you guys give some pocket nukes to cops? This way its easier for the cop and, more efficient, to *incapacitate* victims they just pulled over by just nuking the whole damn fucking neighbourhood.

You guys, and your whole obsessive bullshit about guns, are just.barking.mad. You wonder what is wrong with your country and leads to stuff like Trump? I am sure its something that leads to stuff like this scene too.

End of rant.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
21-06-2017, 04:05 PM
(18-06-2017 04:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But I could turn that around just as easily. Those strict gun laws in California are not making the crime rate any better. So I'd rather be safe and have my gun than be forced to leave it at home.

The numbers don't lie.
YOU said they were basically the same.
If they are, you can't then turn around and claim your gun makes you "safer".
You said it yourself.

"Out of the mouths of babes".

Here are some numbers.
They come from the FBI annual Unified Crime Report (UCR), for 2015 , the most recent year for which they have finalized numbers:

State : Violent Crime Rate (per 100,000) : Murder Rate (per 100,000)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arizona : 410.2 : 4.5
California : 426.3 : 4.8
Illinois : 383.8 : 5.8
New Jersey : 255.4 : 4.1
New York : 379.7 : 3.1

Two things kinda jump out.

1) Arizona is doing a little better than California, but not by an impressive amount: about 4% lower on overall violent crime and 6% lower on murder/manslaughter

2) A couple of the other "communist states" appear to be dong significantly better than Arizona:
NJ: 38% lower on violent crime; 9% lower on murder
NY: 7% lower on violent crime; 31% lower on murder

Even Illinois is lower on violent crime than Arizona, although their murder rate is higher, probably thanks to Chicago.

Only one set of data points, though; make of them what you will.

--
Dr H

21-06-2017, 04:09 PM
(19-06-2017 05:23 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  So much for equality before the law.

Not to burst any bubbles, but that's never been more than a slogan.
Yes, even in America.

--
Dr H

21-06-2017, 04:13 PM
(21-06-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  [In this country we have this thing, called " innocent till proven guilty".

True: we have that slogan, too.

We do love our slogans.

--
Dr H

21-06-2017, 09:42 PM
(21-06-2017 03:10 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I just watched the dashcam vid released by the police.
The US of fucking A never ceases to amaze me. Facepalm

The guy calmly says he has a weapon, then (slowly?) reaches for it. The cop sticks his gun through the open window and seemingly holds it to the guys face and fires a complete fucking magazine (i counted 7-8 shots) right into him, AT FUCKING POINT BLANK RANGE.

At what point after the .....3rd shot(?) did the officer think it was necessary to fire some more into his victim to incapacitate him. Oh i know, he didnt think at fucking all after the 2nd shot, because he fired all seven within less than 3 seconds. Facepalm

Where i am from, and i am quite confident, the cop would have been convicted....not only of manslaugher.

Why dont you guys give some pocket nukes to cops? This way its easier for the cop and, more efficient, to *incapacitate* victims they just pulled over by just nuking the whole damn fucking neighbourhood.

You guys, and your whole obsessive bullshit about guns, are just.barking.mad. You wonder what is wrong with your country and leads to stuff like Trump? I am sure its something that leads to stuff like this scene too.

End of rant.

I'd also like to mention that this man's family was sitting in the vehicle as well. That this man was only 32 years old, completely innocent, too young to die, and he was murdered for no reason at all, in front of his family.
This police officer did not handle the situation. He was not "doing his job." He was completely unprofessional, and he murdered an innocent man, right next to his girlfriend and in front of a FOUR YEAR OLD.
The NRA is completely silent. Nothing but fucking crickets.
Zero justice has been brought for this man's death. He died for absolutely nothing, in front of his loved ones.
And yet, in this country, you can rape a woman and leave her behind a dumpster, but if you're rich and white, you're probably okay!
This is why black people are terrified of police, if anyone was wondering. This is why black people are just terrified in general, if anyone was wondering.
[+] 11 users Like Ferdinand's post
21-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Here's something else, a video/article of the four year old, comforting castile's girlfriend after the shooting.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
22-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Saw the footage from the dashcam.
This is utterly ridiculous that he got away with it. He's been "fired" from the Police department but they're going to help him find other employment.
That guy should be in jail. Apparently, as long as you are wearing a blue uniform you can kill whoever you want.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
22-06-2017, 02:32 AM
Police officer cleared in Minneapolis shooting.
(21-06-2017 10:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One thing's for sure, Geronimo should never have been allowed to be a cop.

People with itchy trigger fingers should not be cops. They should be vetted better for the job. What a shame this happened.

If the dude in the car was going to shoot the cop, why would he tell him he had a gun first? Doesn't make sense.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post