RE: Police raid gay orgy at cardinal’s Vatican apartment
(05-07-2017 08:19 AM)abaris Wrote:  So at the root of this is the nzherald

Then the Daily Mail
The Sun, of course
Rawstory
Huffington Post
Quite a few blogs

All quoting the nzherald

But still no continental European paper picked up on it. Nothing, zilch. Sorry, I'm not buying. Even more so, since similar incidents made huge headlines when they happened.

Continental Europe papers do picked it - check my previous post.

But it seems that original Italian article cites no sources - at least such is talk on reddit:

I would urge users here not to take this story at face value. This is the original Italian article from which this story is drawn. It cites no source whatsoever. I haven't seen it picked up independently by any other Italian media, and Il Fatto Quotidiano doesn't exactly have the top Vaticanisti in the business.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 08:30 AM
(05-07-2017 08:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 08:13 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Can you imagine if they were dressed as policemen? The police barge in, and don't know what the hell is going on Laugh out load

Or if the orgy participants thought the real cops were just part of the orgy Laugh out load

Edit: Sorry I'm going off topic here Laugh out load

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
05-07-2017, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 08:49 AM by abaris.)
(05-07-2017 08:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  But it seems that original Italian article cites no sources - at least such is talk on reddit:

Il Fatto Quottidiana had two short articles. One, more than a week ago, one today. Both without naming sources.

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2017/07/...o/3708967/

From there it has been picked up by several more or less reliable Italian media outlets and bloggers. But nothing in the largest Italian papers. La Repubblica, La Stampa or the Corriere della sera.

https://www.google.at/search?q=+Vaticano...TJXrjXjMgM

And from there it went out into the world. But interestingly only to be published by a blog called queer.de and the papers and blogs I mentioned above. No word about it in the German press, not even a footnote in the Austrian press. Which is very peculiar, since similar incidences made huge headlines. One story broke in 2004, about a whole seminary being into gay orgies and the reports didn't stop for weeks.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
05-07-2017, 08:46 AM
(05-07-2017 08:43 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 08:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  But it seems that original Italian article cites no sources - at least such is talk on reddit:

Il Fatto Quottidiana had two short articles. One, more than a week ago, one today. Both without naming sources.

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2017/07/...o/3708967/

From there it has been picked up by several more or less reliable Italian media outlets and bloggers.

https://www.google.at/search?q=+Vaticano...TJXrjXjMgM

And from there it went out into the world. But interestingly only to be published by a blog called queer.de and the papers and blogs I mentioned above. No word about it in the German press, not even a footnote in the Austrian press. Which is very peculiar, since similar incidences made huge headlines. One story broke in 2004, about a whole seminary being into gay orgies and the reports didn't stop for weeks.

It could be bogus. Or maybe something more will be know in a few days.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-07-2017, 08:58 AM
(05-07-2017 08:46 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It could be bogus. Or maybe something more will be know in a few days.

According to the first article it happened sometime at the end of june. If it didn't break till now, I doubt it will break at all. I also looked for the person being named in todays article, Luigi Capozzi. He's only mentioned there and in another blog that gives itself the appearance of being published by the roman catholic church.

05-07-2017, 09:05 AM
(05-07-2017 08:58 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 08:46 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It could be bogus. Or maybe something more will be know in a few days.

According to the first article it happened sometime at the end of june. If it didn't break till now, I doubt it will break at all. I also looked for the person being named in todays article, Luigi Capozzi. He's only mentioned there and in another blog that gives itself the appearance of being published by the roman catholic church.

So it really may be bogus, but I don't see much sense in it. Vatican hardly can be more discredited and alleged homosexual orgy is just pale shadow of real crimes of church.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-07-2017, 11:11 AM
(05-07-2017 09:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So it really may be bogus, but I don't see much sense in it. Vatican hardly can be more discredited and alleged homosexual orgy is just pale shadow of real crimes of church.

There's a lot of people inventing such stories for the heck of it. Fatto quottidiano seems to be at the root of the story, but they don't say anything about their sources. It's also just a shortie of 10 lines if that. Today they doubled down on it, but it's hard to say if they simply took what the other guys wrote in their blog for granted or if the blog took it from the Quottidiano.

05-07-2017, 11:18 AM
(05-07-2017 11:11 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 09:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So it really may be bogus, but I don't see much sense in it. Vatican hardly can be more discredited and alleged homosexual orgy is just pale shadow of real crimes of church.

There's a lot of people inventing such stories for the heck of it. Fatto quottidiano seems to be at the root of the story, but they don't say anything about their sources. It's also just a shortie of 10 lines if that. Today they doubled down on it, but it's hard to say if they simply took what the other guys wrote in their blog for granted or if the blog took it from the Quottidiano.

Ah. Well at least title was fun.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-07-2017, 11:22 AM
If a cardinal named "Cocco" (Coccopalmerio) was *not* gay, I'd be very disappointed.

Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-07-2017, 11:25 AM
(05-07-2017 11:18 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Ah. Well at least title was fun.

I'm not entirely sure, since I also read the vita of the reporter that's available on the paper's website. According to them he's accredited to the Holy See. They wouldn't take kindly to him inventing stuff, but on the other hand the biography doesn't have to be true, just because they say so.

Everything else he reported on was widely published in all the world's media. Such as the stories about the Cardinals Müller and Pell.