Police raid gay orgy at cardinal’s Vatican apartment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: Police raid gay orgy at cardinal’s Vatican apartment
(05-07-2017 11:25 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 11:18 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Ah. Well at least title was fun.

I'm not entirely sure, since I also read the vita of the reporter that's available on the paper's website. According to them he's accredited to the Holy See. They wouldn't take kindly to him inventing stuff, but on the other hand the biography doesn't have to be true, just because they say so.

Everything else he reported on was widely published in all the world's media. Such as the stories about the Cardinals Müller and Pell.

It's strange. First info about this I found on polish site with memes, but real deal appeared not long ago and there isn't much about it. I too would expect bigger noise but on the other hand church may be not so hot topic for media now, when Trump and his antics are enough.

All in all I wouldn't be surprised if this would be true - church people done some shady shit before and here only drugs seems to be shady, as homosexuality is only issue for bigots. But I wouldn't bet on it being true, given what you write and what I found on reddit.

Maybe in few days something more will be known.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 11:38 AM
(05-07-2017 11:30 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's strange. First info about this I found on polish site with memes, but real deal appeared not long ago and there isn't much about it. I too would expect bigger noise but on the other hand church may be not so hot topic for media now, when Trump and his antics are enough.

Drugs and gay orgy? This would be big under any circumstances. That's why I tend to not buying it, seeing as there have been similar reports over the last decade that made headlines on a global level. Not even a single big continental paper picking up on something like that, is unheard of.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
05-07-2017, 11:43 AM
(05-07-2017 11:38 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 11:30 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's strange. First info about this I found on polish site with memes, but real deal appeared not long ago and there isn't much about it. I too would expect bigger noise but on the other hand church may be not so hot topic for media now, when Trump and his antics are enough.

Drugs and gay orgy? This would be big under any circumstances. That's why I tend to not buying it, seeing as there have been similar reports over the last decade that made headlines on a global level. Not even a single big continental paper picking up on something like that, is unheard of.

Times is quite big? If so then you have at least one big continental paper that picked on it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cloud...-tdfn9px8q

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-07-2017, 11:49 AM
(05-07-2017 11:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Times is quite big? If so then you have at least one big continental paper that picked on it.

Not continental. It's only picked up in Italy, but not by the major Italian papers, by one German blog, and in the anglosaxon world, mostly, apart for the Times, hack papers, such as the Sun or the Daily Mail. Obviously in Poland too, but even if I could read Polish I couldn't say anything about the reliability of the media reporting on it.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
05-07-2017, 11:55 AM
(05-07-2017 11:49 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 11:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Times is quite big? If so then you have at least one big continental paper that picked on it.

Not continental. It's only picked up in Italy, but not by the major Italian papers, by one German blog, and in the anglosaxon world, mostly, apart for the Times, hack papers, such as the Sun or the Daily Mail. Obviously in Poland too, but even if I could read Polish I couldn't say anything about the reliability of the media reporting on it.

I took continental for non-American. In Poland some serious newspaper site went with this but what is written there looks like English text translated into Polish. There's also a link within link to 2 articles in Italian that you mentioned.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Vatican Homosexual Orgy
All things considered. This isn't the worst thing to come out of the Vatican.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tment.html

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/ywgpa...riest-orgy

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
06-07-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: Vatican Homosexual Orgy
Not even "news" anymore.

Poor pope fuckface. What a mess he inherited from Herr Von Popenfuhrer!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
06-07-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Vatican Homosexual Orgy
Sounds like it was all consensual, so this is only like a 3 on the Evilometer*, and that mostly for hypocrisy.

* "Measure that which is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." That's why.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
06-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Threads merged

06-07-2017, 09:27 PM
So did it turn out to be real or not? And how come NZ is paying such close attention to the Vatican anyway?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus