Polictical compass

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Polictical compass
I was trying it out, im not sure how accurate it is.

im apparantly close to ghandi? Is that a good thing.

Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95

[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-2.88&soc=-3.95]

[Image: axeswithnames.gif]

Try it out as well if you want, http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Im not sure if its accurate like i said but it seems pretty accurate.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2011, 07:01 AM
RE: Polictical compass
It's not a bad thing. We need people like you in this country the kind who don't support the Tories and their let's make life harder for poorer people by taxing more, making thousands of people unemployed while allowing bankers to keep their ridiculously high bonuses even though they are doing a terrible job (alot of torrie funding comes from bankers) while privatising the NHS bit by bit untill only wealthy people can afford treatment policy's that they are using to run this country into the ground.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
06-08-2011, 07:14 AM
(06-08-2011 07:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It's not a bad thing. We need people like you in this country the kind who don't support the Tories and their let's make life harder for poorer people by taxing more, making thousands of people unemployed while allowing bankers to keep their ridiculously high bonuses even though they are doing a terrible job (alot of torrie funding comes from bankers) while privatising the NHS bit by bit untill only wealthy people can afford treatment policy's that they are using to run this country into the ground.

yeah, i mean labour wernt great but there better then tories ;/

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
06-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Wow im more to the left than i thought.
It was their election that completly convinced me that we need to be independent from the rest of the uk. That election just went to prove that it doesnt matter if 3 out of the 4 uk countries voted overwhelmingly against them if england votes for them they will get in. In other words the voters in 3 countries dont really count which isnt a basis for a fair voting system we really need PR not fptp.
Where abouts in the uk are you from james?

06-08-2011, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2011 07:46 AM by Hughsie.)
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.25&soc=-0.77]

I'm not sure about how correct I would see that as though. I see myself as a bit more right wing and more authoritarian than libertarian, I think that people should accept authority but I just don't agree with some laws we have at the moment though I suppose that is a contradiction in terms.
(06-08-2011 07:40 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Wow im more to the left than i thought.
It was their election that completly convinced me that we need to be independent from the rest of the uk. That election just went to prove that it doesnt matter if 3 out of the 4 uk countries voted overwhelmingly against them if england votes for them they will get in. In other words the voters in 3 countries dont really count which isnt a basis for a fair voting system we really need PR not fptp.
Where abouts in the uk are you from james?

It's not a case that the other 3 countries are viewed as less important, it's more the case that the only way to follow the views of Wales N.Ireland and Scotland over England would be to abandon democracy. Democracy means following the most popular idea/person/party i.e. the one with the most votes and there are easily more people in England than Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland combined.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
I didnt mean it in a we are viewed in a less important way( i should have worded it better).
The problem is like you pointed out is the differences in population size. The current system means that the torries got in with only 36.1% of the vote meaning 63.9% didnt vote tory . so the majority of the population didnt vote for the party that won the election. How is that a fair system? we need something like proportional representation where seats in parliament are more or less in proportion to votes cast.

Just out of curiosity you said "I think that people should accept authority". Would you still think like that if the authority was oppressive?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/
Where i got the voting figures.

06-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:we need something like proportional representation where seats in parliament are more or less in proportion to votes cast.

Yeah I think that could work well. Pity Clegg went and fucked things up by having the AV referendum, he's pretty much killed and buried proportional representation for now.

Quote:Just out of curiosity you said "I think that people should accept authority". Would you still think like that if the authority was oppressive?

I think the problem with the idea of 'if the Government are doing things wrong then we should resist them' is that everyone has a different idea of what is right and wrong. I know people who think that 'first past the post' is unfair and undemocratic, I also know people (me included) who think AV is unfair and undemocratic. If people should be encouraged to prevent things they determine 'oppressive' as standard then the AV campaign should have attempted a coup, and had AV won then the 'first past the post' campaign should have attempted a coup. Either way there would have been a coup which wouldn't have been good for anyone.

I know my way of thinking is a major problem in a country that is ruled by extremists but the Tories can hardly be called extremists.

I've not quite perfected my way of thinking on the topic to be honest. For me, there are the two extremes, the Authoritarian extreme where people carry out holocausts because they are told to and the other extreme where people revolt every time there's a single policy they disagree with and society completely breaks down as authority no longer exists. I'm not quite sure exactly where I would draw the line between the two I just think it would be closer to the authoritarian side.

What are your opinions?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:Yeah I think that could work well. Pity Clegg went and fucked things up by having the AV referendum, he's pretty much killed and buried proportional representation for now.
Yeah that is unfortunate it may never be debated in parliment now thanks to the joke that was AV. I voted for AV not because i like it i dont atall i voted for it because i knew if it won it would show that people wanted change and would eventually lead to PR. Because it lost politicians will just put it down to people are happy with things the way they are lets never speak of it again. Which is ashame because we call ourselfs a democracy yet we have an unelected head of state and the minority get power when the majority didn't want them.
The libdems should sack clegg and cut ties with the torries before they do more damage they have lost a large amount of the vote due to the coalition.

Quote:I think the problem with the idea of 'if the Government are doing things wrong then we should resist them' is that everyone has a different idea of what is right and wrong. I know people who think that 'first past the post' is unfair and undemocratic, I also know people (me included) who think AV is unfair and undemocratic. If people should be encouraged to prevent things they determine 'oppressive' as standard then the AV campaign should have attempted a coup, and had AV won then the 'first past the post' campaign should have attempted a coup. Either way there would have been a coup which wouldn't have been good for anyone.
True. If the government is doing something wrong we as a people should be telling then though they usualy ignore it forgetting that we are their boss. The Iraq war for example noone wanted it we told them they ignored us.
AV was a joke though the countries that have it want rid of it.
Quote:I know my way of thinking is a major problem in a country that is ruled by extremists but the Tories can hardly be called extremists.
Im not sure what you mean by this are you saying this country is usually run by extremists? or are you meaning if you where in a country sun by extremists your views would be a problem?. They arn't extremists just wankersTongue
Quote:I've not quite perfected my way of thinking on the topic to be honest. For me, there are the two extremes, the Authoritarian extreme where people carry out holocausts because they are told to and the other extreme where people revolt every time there's a single policy they disagree with and society completely breaks down as authority no longer exists. I'm not quite sure exactly where I would draw the line between the two I just think it would be closer to the authoritarian side.
To be honest either have i. I dont have a set political allegiance. I vote for the party i think best represents me and my view at that time usualy the left wing partys never to the extremes though. Most people are somewhere in the middle between the extremes usually leaning either one way or the other. People should still make their voices heard if their government does something they are unhappy with(they work for us gorvernments tend to forget that) revolutions should be left to the extreme cases. Oppressive regimes etc
Edit: I finaly figured out how to work the quotes properly hell yeah.

06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
[Image: pcgraphpng.php?ec=-7.12&soc=-4.67]

Didn't know I was such a liberal leftie...

Well, take away power hungry and greedy people, idiots and parasites and utopic communism would be great. Sadly enough, it doesn't work like that. So my policital choice is more about choosing the lesser evil.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Looks like were all finding out were decendants of ghandi and are lefties lol