Polish Supreme Court rules that fetus has the same right as other members of family.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 05:58 AM
RE: Polish Supreme Court rules that fetus has the same right as other members of family.
I say you get "human status" when you start paying taxes like the rest of us....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-03-2017, 06:05 AM
RE: Polish Supreme Court rules that fetus has the same right as other members of family.
(06-03-2017 05:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I say you get "human status" when you start paying taxes like the rest of us....

Smile

Kids???

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-03-2017, 06:21 AM
(06-03-2017 06:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 05:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I say you get "human status" when you start paying taxes like the rest of us....

Smile

Kids???

Strained sense of humor?

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-03-2017, 06:24 AM
(06-03-2017 05:48 AM)julep Wrote:  So the fetus could be entitled to its own room? It seems odd, given that so many pregnancies miscarry, that housing decisions would be made based on potential babies rather than actual babies.

It's possible I guess but it hinges on people actually going to courts which may not necessary care about Supreme Court Ruling. Also it wasn't something like new fetus, new room, but rather about a place that allegedly was already too small.

Still it is a peculiar verdict.

Quote:I hate to hear decisions like this because they fuel copycat efforts here in the US, where reproductive rights are already increasingly threatened.

I doubt that US politicians care about what happen in Poland.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-03-2017, 06:58 AM
(06-03-2017 06:24 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 05:48 AM)julep Wrote:  So the fetus could be entitled to its own room? It seems odd, given that so many pregnancies miscarry, that housing decisions would be made based on potential babies rather than actual babies.

It's possible I guess but it hinges on people actually going to courts which may not necessary care about Supreme Court Ruling. Also it wasn't something like new fetus, new room, but rather about a place that allegedly was already too small.

Quote:I hate to hear decisions like this because they fuel copycat efforts here in the US, where reproductive rights are already increasingly threatened.

You've overestimated US politicians' ethics and underestimated their cunning. US politicians on the right seek out anything that can be spun to give them ammunition to undermine reproductive rights, most especially decisions that seem to expand the personhood and rights of fetuses.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-03-2017, 07:01 AM
(06-03-2017 06:58 AM)julep Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 06:24 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's possible I guess but it hinges on people actually going to courts which may not necessary care about Supreme Court Ruling. Also it wasn't something like new fetus, new room, but rather about a place that allegedly was already too small.

You've overestimated US politicians' ethics and underestimated their cunning. US politicians on the right seek out anything that can be spun to give them ammunition to undermine reproductive rights, most especially decisions that seem to expand the personhood and rights of fetuses.

Not their ethics, it's just that Poland isn't country important enough to care about. You can be right though, I don't know where US politicians look for ideas.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-03-2017, 08:52 AM
(06-03-2017 06:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 06:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  Kids???

Strained sense of humor?

Smile

Positively constipated.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-03-2017, 08:54 AM
So even though abortion is illegal, they continue to create laws centered around fetuses (feti)?

Are they bored and have nothing better to do?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
06-03-2017, 08:54 AM
(06-03-2017 07:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not their ethics, it's just that Poland isn't country important enough to care about. You can be right though, I don't know where US politicians look for ideas.

PIS Poland always was on the forefront of licking any US administration's boots. Back in the Bush years there were rumors of Poland offering black sites. Romney came to visit during his 2012 campaign.

I guess the country is on the radar of the US right more than most other European countries.
06-03-2017, 09:05 AM
(06-03-2017 08:54 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  So even though abortion is illegal, they continue to create laws centered around fetuses (feti)?

Abortion is legal if not exactly easy to get even when law allows it.

Quote:Are they bored and have nothing better to do?

You can't blame Supreme Court for making ruling. In this it was only doing it's job. Trouble is that could set dangerous precedence and be used by anti-choice crowd.

(06-03-2017 08:54 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 07:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not their ethics, it's just that Poland isn't country important enough to care about. You can be right though, I don't know where US politicians look for ideas.

PIS Poland always was on the forefront of licking any US administration's boots. Back in the Bush years there were rumors of Poland offering black sites. Romney came to visit during his 2012 campaign.

I guess the country is on the radar of the US right more than most other European countries.

Fact that Poland sucked up to USA does not mean that US politicians looks there for inspiration. Poland is sidekick glad when master pat it on the back rather than anything else I would say.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post