Polish presidential election

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Polish presidential election
I would be happy if I could say that upcoming second turn of presidential election gives me hope for better future for my country, but sadly choice is like one between idiot and bigger idiot.

President in Poland don't mean much but one could say that he is somewhat important to image of country. It appears that image of Poland will not change for the better, as curent president - Bronisław Komorowski - has his share of faults and his contrcandidate - Andrzej Duda - isn't better. In fact he seem much worse as he openly say that his worldview is similar to that of pope John Paul II - which in practice mean discrimination of peoples who think so called "christian values" are pile of nonsense full of primitives taboo.

One could think Komorowski couldn't be worse which may be the case, but he certainly isn't better and like rest of polish politicians he think clergy and religion worthy of utmost respect.

So in short - choice is between two religious idiots, from which one try to conceal his hard on for so called "christian values" and second don't even bother. Honestly though it don't surprise me, Poland looks like Iran of Europe - here I exaggerate a little - for a reason.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
25-05-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: Polish presidential election
As for now Andrzej Duda is winning. I would say it suck, but it's not like former president didn't sucked. So only change will be in scale of failure.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-05-2015, 02:02 AM
Your's is not the only country that has to choose between lesser evils.

Murikans do it every 4 years, too.

Angel

25-05-2015, 02:06 AM
(25-05-2015 02:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Your's is not the only country that has to choose between lesser evils.

Angel

...............and Australians.
25-05-2015, 02:09 AM
(25-05-2015 02:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Your's is not the only country that has to choose between lesser evils.

Angel

Sure. Though I live in Poland not USA, so I think it's understandable that I'm somewhat concerned.

However our president prerogatives don't allow him to seriously fuck up country, which fills my heart with joy. Poland is, let's say not in the best state already.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Quote:but sadly choice is like one between idiot and bigger idiot.

Sounds like republican primaries.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
26-05-2015, 01:02 AM
(25-05-2015 07:54 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:but sadly choice is like one between idiot and bigger idiot.

Sounds like republican primaries.

If said primaries aren't known for intelligence and they do like to suck up to the clergy then yes.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-05-2015, 07:55 AM
That's how most westerners feel about their leaders. I suppose, statistically, only a minority can ever really identify with the Head of State.

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/216...er-law-and
In any case, as the Polish presidency is non-partisan, Mr Duda has announced he is resigning his membership in the PiS. And while the president has veto powers, he is mainly a ceremonial head of state. Unquote.

I quite like the sound of the Polish political system....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Poland

Whether the (mainly ceremonial and so mostly apolitical) President is religious or not isn't what's most important. As Carville said, "It's the economy stupid!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_economy,_stupid
27-05-2015, 08:33 AM
(27-05-2015 07:55 AM)Zeff Wrote:  That's how most westerners feel about their leaders. I suppose, statistically, only a minority can ever really identify with the Head of State.

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/216...er-law-and
In any case, as the Polish presidency is non-partisan, Mr Duda has announced he is resigning his membership in the PiS. And while the president has veto powers, he is mainly a ceremonial head of state. Unquote.

I quite like the sound of the Polish political system....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Poland

Whether the (mainly ceremonial and so mostly apolitical) President is religious or not isn't what's most important. As Carville said, "It's the economy stupid!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_economy,_stupid

Him leaving the L&J (PiS) is something that he is required to do according to Constitution I think. So it's not even PR move.

As for political system on paper it might look cool but life tells different story.

And yes president could not do much but it is still nothing good to have one as him.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Damnit Poland you are contagious now it's time for the Danish election too. 18th of June seems so far away when you know you have to watch/her a lot of political shit throwing until then.