Polite discussion on guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Polite discussion on guns
(24-04-2014 11:23 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 10:47 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I was hoping to do a bit of both.

Perhaps a show and tell where I can show examples of a gun and what makes it an "assault weapon" and such. Explain the differences between full-auto, semi-auto, bolt action, etc.

As well, I would like to dispel many of the myths that surround guns and their owners. Namely, that we're a bunch of trigger happy cowboys just itching for a fight.

Too many times, have I been accused of being a vigilante, or being obsessed with guns, or a "rambo wannabe". Simply because I enjoy shooting sports and own guns for self defense. These are silly myths that are perpetuated by movies and anti-gun people. I figure, I'll give any who want a chance to see what gun culture in America actually looks like an inside view instead of them just taking what they "know" about us for granted.

Well I don't really do Skype but I'm sure I could call in if there is a number.

We'll see how it plays out. Right now, I only have one person that has expressed interest in what we have to say. It may just end up being him. If that's the case, I'm going to keep it very small. If we have 5 pro gun people and one non gun person, it's going to get confusing and just be an echo chamber. I'd rather talk one on one or maybe have one other person there to fill in where my knowledge may be lacking. I don't want a bunch of people all talking at one person and confusing them more.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply