Polite on the toilet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: Polite on the toilet
That's the guy! He's pretty tough for doing all his own work, but the guy is a TERRIBLE survival "expert."

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
(02-03-2012 05:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  That's the guy! He's pretty tough for doing all his own work, but the guy is a TERRIBLE survival "expert."

Yeah. The interesting thing is that according to wikipedia he talks to the local guys himself before going into the survival situation, but doesn't really know what's potting otherwise. So it's kinda closer to the kind of thing that we might do if we got stranded and were thinking clearly and had talked to the local experts beforehand...

All in all though, hiking and being far away from anyone is an awesome way to spend time and he's found a way of making a living by doing it Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-03-2012, 01:27 AM
(02-03-2012 04:36 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 04:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  You'd know not to eat that stuff? That's helpful knowledge. Also you get to watch Bear Grylls have diarrhoea which while not pretty is much more satisfying than watching Bear Grylls without diarrhoea. Or you could not watch Bear Grylls at all but here's the beauty of it, he'll *still* have diarrhoea Big Grin

Good point, watching bear suffering is quite satisfying.Big Grin even though he's know to fake his shows.

If i was to be stuck in a survival situation id rather it was with someone like Ray Mears, who actually knows how to start a fire and can find edible food, that doesn't make you shit your guts out because you stupidly ate part of a rotten camel.

Now everytime I see the show all I'll be doing is hoping he gets diarrhoea cos that's funny shit! Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
03-03-2012, 07:01 AM
There is another show with two dudes "surviving" with different styles. One is your Bear Grylls/Survivorman type and the other is "in touch with nature" type--he never ever wears shoes. Makes it feel like you're watching a car wreck...in the wilderness. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Survivorman is decent. As it was pointed, he is not the perfect survivor expert (he never caught a fish in 3 seasons even if he tried quite often) and he subsisted some of the time, trying not to die before his time runs out - but now to think of it it's kind of the point of the show. It's useful to watch. How to stay alive without being an expert. Look for a way out, don't lose hope and try to do something, anything that is not completely stupid. You might even make it out.

Bear Grylls is a joke. "Look at this shit! 10 meters tall waterfall. I have no idea what's down there. If I jump in here I might die. I'll do it!". "All eggs are edible, but they are never safe to eat raw. They can be infected with salmonella, e-coli and many other bad things. It's a really bad idea to get sick when you try to survive. You should always cook an egg before eating it. But I'm hungry. I'll just eat one raw now and I'll cook the rest later." Eating bear shit because it has some seeds in it, sleeping in the belly of a camel corpse to keep warm, drinking unsafe water and shitting blood while explaining us that it's very dangerous because he's losing more water that way than he ingested. "How to turn bad luck into disaster"

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 3 users Like Malleus's post
20-04-2012, 12:45 PM
(25-02-2012 05:34 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I wonder if the ladies here realize how complicated it is for men to pee in public:

Urinal Etiquette Test

IMPORTANT RULES:
  • NO Talking, unless it's a good friend... but even then, keep it terse and unemotional. This ain't no clubhouse.
  • NO touching of anyone other than yourself. A touch of another's elbow is of the highest offense.
  • NO Singing. Period.
  • Glances are for purposes of acknowledgment only..."Yeah, I see you there. I will not look again".

Holy shit! Can't believe I missed this thread.

The urinal etiquette becomes more complicated, Hellbound, when you work with physicists. There's nothing quite like walking into a bathroom and seeing some 60 yo genius dude who's got a CV out the door, regularly publishes in PNAS and Physical Review standing at the urinal with his pants around his ankles. 'Course these are the same guys who navigate the hallways by looking 2 inches in front of their feet so I wasn't that surprised. Not wanting to appear rude, I sidled up next to him at the only other urinal, dropped my pants to the floor, and nodded " 'sup Doc." I asked my boss about this later and he said "Oh that's just because he never changes out of his pajamas and half the time he's put them on backwards so he can't find the fly." "Ah", I said, "Makes sense."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-04-2012, 02:22 PM
(20-04-2012 12:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The urinal etiquette becomes more complicated, Hellbound, when you work with physicists. There's nothing quite like walking into a bathroom and seeing some 60 yo genius dude who's got a CV out the door, regularly publishes in PNAS and Physical Review standing at the urinal with his pants around his ankles. 'Course these are the same guys who navigate the hallways by looking 2 inches in front of their feet so I wasn't that surprised. Not wanting to appear rude, I sidled up next to him at the only other urinal, dropped my pants to the floor, and nodded " 'sup Doc." I asked my boss about this later and he said "Oh that's just because he never changes out of his pajamas and half the time he's put them on backwards so he can't find the fly." "Ah", I said, "Makes sense."

I wouldn't have been able to do that. You're obviously a Bigger man than me. Shocking

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-04-2012, 02:34 PM
(20-04-2012 02:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 12:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The urinal etiquette becomes more complicated, Hellbound, when you work with physicists. There's nothing quite like walking into a bathroom and seeing some 60 yo genius dude who's got a CV out the door, regularly publishes in PNAS and Physical Review standing at the urinal with his pants around his ankles. 'Course these are the same guys who navigate the hallways by looking 2 inches in front of their feet so I wasn't that surprised. Not wanting to appear rude, I sidled up next to him at the only other urinal, dropped my pants to the floor, and nodded " 'sup Doc." I asked my boss about this later and he said "Oh that's just because he never changes out of his pajamas and half the time he's put them on backwards so he can't find the fly." "Ah", I said, "Makes sense."

I wouldn't have been able to do that. You're obviously a Bigger man than me. Shocking

Nah, I just been working with physicists for 3 decades now. They can't surprise me anymore. Wink

20-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I bet they're real good at measuring trajectory and flow.

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-04-2012, 03:56 PM
(20-04-2012 03:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I bet they're real good at measuring trajectory and flow.

All of them can do it by eye, the really good ones can do it by ear. Early in my career I got some advice from some old mad scientist peeing next to me, "Your flow's good. Make sure to remember to keep beatin' off as you get older if you want to keep it that way." .... Uh, yes sir. Thankyou, sir. ... 30 years later that was some good advice. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post