Polite or Frank?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2016, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2016 11:57 AM by DLJ.)
Polite or Frank?
I personally find being polite to be so fake and forced and being frank to be more honest but can seem rude. I would like to hear some other thoughts 2 or 3 or 4 monkeys working together is better than one.Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: polite of frank?
How dare you call me a monkey! Angry Fuck you!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2016, 09:50 AM
sorry I meant primate.
[+] 1 user Likes sneroul the thinker's post
17-12-2016, 09:53 AM
(17-12-2016 09:50 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  sorry I meant primate.

I will accept primate Tongue Welcome to the forum. I don't mind being polite but I also don't mind being rude if I decide the target doesn't deserve respect.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-12-2016, 09:54 AM
I ain't no monkey! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-12-2016, 09:58 AM
I have no problem with being polite nor I feel it is faked - I just don't hide my contempt so fakeness isn't the issue.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
17-12-2016, 10:48 AM
There is a time for both but I like to start with polite. One thing I appreciate about my wife is she says what's on her mind. In her I appreciate the candor and lack of screening. In general, I appreciate spontaneity in everyone .. until a vile character is revealed. Then those people yeah, should probably put a lid of politeness on it.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
17-12-2016, 10:59 AM
My mother always taught me to say please and thank you. She often reminded me that it doesn't cost one red cent to be polite to people, especially strangers.

Thank you! Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-12-2016, 11:34 AM
(17-12-2016 10:48 AM)whateverist Wrote:  There is a time for both but I like to start with polite. One thing I appreciate about my wife is she says what's on her mind. In her I appreciate the candor and lack of screening. In general, I appreciate spontaneity in everyone .. until a vile character is revealed. Then those people yeah, should probably put a lid of politeness on it.

You're lucky. I know people who have to stumble around under a cloud of harrumph from their significant other (sometimes for days), until the real problem surfaces.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-12-2016, 11:53 AM
With strangers or people you aren't close to (for example almost everybody on internet), better be polite than frank. Most people aren't interested in receiving strong or harsh criticism, even well intentionned one's, from complete stranger on some web page. With people you do know, or people who are clearly demanding it, better be frank than polite. In general, it's just as important to be frank than it is to be polite in a conversation. That's my two cents on the subject....

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.