Political Cartoons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Political Cartoons
I am rather a big fan of Clay Bennett and his cartoons. Here are a couple of recent ones I really enjoy.
[attachment=2473]

[attachment=2472]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-01-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: Political Cartoons
(18-01-2015 09:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am rather a big fan of Clay Bennett and his cartoons. Here are a couple of recent ones I really enjoy.

That first one is really, really funny and sadly true!Weeping

The second is very good.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
18-01-2015, 10:11 AM
(18-01-2015 10:01 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 09:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am rather a big fan of Clay Bennett and his cartoons. Here are a couple of recent ones I really enjoy.

That first one is really, really funny and sadly true!Weeping

The second is very good.

He draws for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, so you can imagine that he gets a lot of flak from the conservative right for daring to be liberal-minded in a red state. His detractors are always lying in wait for his next cartoon, and have their prepackaged responses ready. This makes it painfully obvious that not only do they not understand words, but they fail to understand pictures.

This was a really obvious one
[Image: cbe0108cd_590_396.jpg]

People were commenting as if Clay was implying that he was speaking out against censorship of his own cartoons. Not realizing that the picture was in support of the #JeSuisCharlie tags going around after the Paris attacks.

The stupidity of the right would be amusing if they didn't vote in such large numbers.

-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-01-2015, 05:35 PM
I can't think of any political cartoons, or cartoonists that I'd count as being "really good." They're either too on the nose or not interesting.

Dumb jokes on the other hand?

(18-01-2015 09:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  [Trickle Down Economics]

[Image: funny-pictures-auto-711667.jpeg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 4 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
15-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Political Cartoons
[Image: 0680579e5c6acbb668d77b5e0c0acc07.jpg]

Religion is an invasive species upon the tree of liberty in our secular nation. It is trying to strangle our freedoms under its own guise of religious "freedom" where they want the freedom to persecute.

That's what I see anyways.

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I like the second one about trickle down economics. I find myself disillusioned with American & Canadian politics. Socially I would like to see immigration restricted, multiculturalism and hate speech laws abolished (hate speech only applies to Canada, thankfully America doesn't have that), but economically I support wealth redistribution.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
15-02-2015, 01:49 PM
(15-02-2015 10:47 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...
but economically I support wealth redistribution.

Like Karl Marx of Sherwood Forest.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-02-2015, 02:11 PM
(15-02-2015 01:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 10:47 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...
but economically I support wealth redistribution.

Like Karl Marx of Sherwood Forest.

Big Grin

[Image: 20150211.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-02-2015, 03:25 PM
(15-02-2015 10:47 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I like the second one about trickle down economics. I find myself disillusioned with American & Canadian politics. Socially I would like to see immigration restricted, multiculturalism and hate speech laws abolished (hate speech only applies to Canada, thankfully America doesn't have that), but economically I support wealth redistribution.

I don't wanna see immigration restricted. It's seems immigrants like to have lots of kids. I'm gonna need those kids to pay for my Canada Pension.
As for multiculturalism, meh. I don't give a shit.
I'm with you on the hate speech. It seems silly to jail people for words.
Can't say much about the redistribution of wealth. Gotta get my Canada Pension.. Smile
You might notice my ideals mostly have to do with what I can get..
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
16-02-2015, 08:21 PM
(15-02-2015 10:47 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I find myself disillusioned with American & Canadian politics.

Even after Rob Ford? That guy made me a believer.

I'm not sure in what, but I believe.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost