Political Insight: Set Me Straight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Political Insight: Set Me Straight
(16-07-2013 11:20 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I believe that Darwinian Economics is ultimately unavoidable, and that devising a system to deploy it justly is the task that is at hand in our post-modern society. It is silly to believe that the continued re-population of inadequate people is not a drag on society. They contribute to global warming without any regard for the future - they do not care about anyone but themselves.

I disagree. Humanity is working in the opposite direction.

(16-07-2013 11:20 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The people who voice sympathy for stupid people are not sincerely compassionate, but rather, they are exploiting the plight in an effort to extort (coercion) funding for their employment in the welfare industry.

You presuppose that those who are less fortunate are inherently stupid.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Trainwreck relies on the good will of others to get by yet he wants to abolish welfare.

Weird... darwinian economics dictates he is a parasite and should die.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
21-07-2013, 03:10 AM
(20-07-2013 09:54 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Trainwreck relies on the good will of others to get by yet he wants to abolish welfare.

Yeah, that isn't happening. Drinking Beverage

21-07-2013, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 07:09 AM by smidgen.)
I have seen so many different definitions of conservative and liberal that it's laughable. Most describe the extremists that are on the far right or left. I don't know anyone personally that falls under any of these stereotypes. All of my democratic friends are Christians. And half of my conservative friends are some sort of non believer or agnostic. So when I look at my own little slice of America it's nothing like what hear discussed nationaly. I feel that most Americans fall in the area someplace in the middle.
Personally I don't follow any party blindly. I will not be just another sheep in any heard. I take every politician on an individual basis as well as every issue. Their are a lot of Atheists that lean conservative, believe it or not. Political conservatism has nothing to do with religion. I have a real hard time with Atheists that say you can't be a conservative atheist because all conservatives are religious. Or that they will not vote for a politician because of their religious views. And these are the people that want separation between church and state. Does not make sense to me. I look at that persons political views not what church they attend.
I don't feel that I have to fit in any box with a certain label on it. I'm an atheist that leans conservative. I support freedom and feel we have way too much government control and it's getting worse by the day. I feel that political correctness is the worst thing that has happened to this country in my life time. I am pro choice. I am very pro constitution. I eat meat but could not kill that animal my self. I love nature but could never be a tree huger. I love animals but hate Peta. My favorite news show is Fox and friends Weekend and I love Glenn Beck. I follow my own path and make my own choices.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
21-07-2013, 07:03 AM
(20-07-2013 09:54 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Trainwreck relies on the good will of others to get by yet he wants to abolish welfare.

Weird... darwinian economics dictates he is a parasite and should die.

No, he is a successful parasite and thrives.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-07-2013, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 07:13 AM by Logica Humano.)
(21-07-2013 06:51 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I support freedom and feel we have way too much government control and it's getting worse by the day.

It is gaining control in all the wrong areas for all the wrong causes. The U.S government is not acting on its own. The economy controls the U.S government when it should be the other way around.

(21-07-2013 06:51 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I am very pro constitution.

Why? The constitution is too vague and outdated to apply to many of the modern inconveniences and issues we face today. Nearly all issues in America can be tied back to the way the U.S crony capitalistic society operates. Something that the authors of the constitution never prepared for. The constitution may be a good guideline for social policy, but what good is social policy when aristocrats that dominate our corporate state constantly fabricate modern "social issues" to mask the true danger. The economy. If the U.S does fall, it will be because of Darwinian Economics, the conservative libertarian movement, and the numerous fools who are afraid of a large government.

Large government can be scary. It is not always scary. I invite you to move to Denmark, the nation that has the largest functioning social government. It has the most regulation, but also the highest happiness ratings, the best healthcare, the best welfare, the best workers rights, and one of the strongest economies. The U.S fails compared to many social and economic programs in Europe. One could argue that the U.S economy is larger. So? At what cost? The average American has a poor wage, no healthcare, poor education, and bad job opportunities with a minimal safety net. All of those problems arose when conservatives began to get what they want.

21-07-2013, 07:12 AM
And I hate to argue about this kind of stuff. I have my opinion and my attitude is if you don't like it you can kiss my white American ass.

21-07-2013, 07:14 AM
(21-07-2013 07:12 AM)smidgen Wrote:  And I hate to argue about this kind of stuff. I have my opinion and my attitude is if you don't like it you can kiss my white American ass.

So you want to persist in your ignorance for fear of being wrong or having to change your stance. If America fails, you are the type of person I will blame.

21-07-2013, 07:18 AM
I've change my mind about many things in my life I just believe that we all have the right to our own opinions and ripping people to shreds for having any opinion is just mean and disrespectful. I'm not that kind of person.

21-07-2013, 07:19 AM
(21-07-2013 07:18 AM)smidgen Wrote:  I've change my mind about many things in my life I just believe that we all have the right to our own opinions and ripping people to shreds for having any opinion is just mean and disrespectful. I'm not that kind of person.

What you believe is not purely opinion. There are facts pertaining to how the U.S government and its economy works, and so far the libertarian movement has done balls-all to fix it and everything to make it worse for the common American.