Political Memes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2017, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2017 07:24 PM by Ruby Crystal.)
RE: Political Memes
(31-10-2017 06:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I think it's worth pointing out that she got that candy by going door to door and people gave it to her out of a communal feeling and expectation of shared obligation, duty, and joy...I'm pretty sure there's a word for this. It's on the tip of my tongue. It starts with an S...

[Image: 8xLtVQy.png]

Well isn't that fucked up, who the hell does that to a kid? I'm not child lover myself, meaning I don't just fawn over a kid like it's Christ second coming like some people, but that's messed up.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
31-10-2017, 08:03 PM
(31-10-2017 06:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I think it's worth pointing out that she got that candy by going door to door and people gave it to her out of a communal feeling and expectation of shared obligation, duty, and joy...I'm pretty sure there's a word for this. It's on the tip of my tongue. It starts with an S...

Is it too early to teach her how to spell "too".

Too late for him, I suspect.

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
31-10-2017, 08:13 PM
(26-10-2017 08:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(23-10-2017 01:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  [Image: RXAJsru.png]

False. As head of the executive branch, Trump can block the release of any of the documents. Every single article on the subject mentions that Trump is in charge of the release.

And I've seen several today that say that Trump plans to block the release of several of the documents at the request of the intelligence community.

Well, no, he is not "in charge of the release". He has the authority to block part or all of documents that Congress authorized the release of by legislation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-10-2017, 08:47 PM

When rich guys take half your candy, isn't that capitalism?
Huh
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
31-10-2017, 10:47 PM
(31-10-2017 08:47 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  When rich guys take half your candy, isn't that capitalism?

No, that's just theft. Capitalism is rich guys taking all your candy and making you make more candy they can take.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
01-11-2017, 12:25 AM

My late mother often told me that greedy people are like capitalist communists:
Quote:Whats yours is also mine, and whats mine is not your business

DJT Jr. reminds me of this.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
01-11-2017, 06:42 PM
[Image: DBPkFpqWAAEozcl.jpg]

“Until you make the unconscious
conscious, it will direct your life and you will
call it fate.”― C.G. Jung
[+] 9 users Like Kaneda's post
01-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Oh, man, these are some good counter-tweets to DTjr:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017...lism-tweet

I freaking love J.K. Rowling.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like ShadowProject's post
02-11-2017, 05:40 AM
(01-11-2017 06:42 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  [Image: DBPkFpqWAAEozcl.jpg]

...and if we actually prevent climate change from becoming too severe, they'll just say it was all a false alarm.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
02-11-2017, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 07:46 AM by Kaneda.)
(02-11-2017 05:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 06:42 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  [Image: DBPkFpqWAAEozcl.jpg]

...and if we actually prevent climate change from becoming too severe, they'll just say it was all a false alarm.

I swear, if I were to smoke Insulation Foam out of a glass-pipe, I bet I could find someone who would tell me that the stuff is harmless because I haven't dropped dead yet.

I really hope these people get relegated to Flat-Earth status soon, like you were saying.

“Until you make the unconscious
conscious, it will direct your life and you will
call it fate.”― C.G. Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post