Political correctness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Political correctness?
Portland burrito shop, run by two white women, closes amidst allegations of cultural appropriation:

"There’s really nothing special about opening a Mexican restaurant—it’s probably something that happens everyday. But the owners of Kooks Burritos all but admitted in an interview with Willamette Week that they colonized this style of food when they decided to 'pick the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever.'"

Can't wait for them to go after all the pizzerias that aren't being run by Italians from lower Manhattan.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Political correctness?
How dare they admit to trying to speak Spanish to native Spanish speakers! I'm offended!!!! Censored

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
31-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Culture IS appropriation, btw. That's pretty much all culture is. lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
31-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Political correctness?
So white people can't make tacos?
31-05-2017, 05:53 PM
(31-05-2017 05:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  So white people can't make tacos?

We can't make tacos or jump, we are pretty useless.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
31-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Political correctness?
(31-05-2017 05:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(31-05-2017 05:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  So white people can't make tacos?

We can't make tacos or jump, we are pretty useless.

I can make a taco so good you will be licking your lips. I can't jump though. That is true. Sad
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
31-05-2017, 06:14 PM
I don't care what color your skin is or what language you speak, if the taco is great tasting that's all that matters. I always thought food was an international language.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-05-2017, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 06:27 PM by epronovost.)
(31-05-2017 04:41 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Portland burrito shop, run by two white women, closes amidst allegations of cultural appropriation:

"There’s really nothing special about opening a Mexican restaurant—it’s probably something that happens everyday. But the owners of Kooks Burritos all but admitted in an interview with Willamette Week that they colonized this style of food when they decided to 'pick the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever.'"

Can't wait for them to go after all the pizzerias that aren't being run by Italians from lower Manhattan.

I think you just ran into another one of those fake story about multiculturalism. These are so numerous these days. I have become very skeptical of any claim of people or business being sued or closed due to such kind of issue. Your source has retracted itself and declared the story bullshit.

How many of you had serious doubt about this story?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
31-05-2017, 06:24 PM
So in the same city a white nationalist stabbed and killed 3 men and horribly injured another for standing up for a Muslim girl he was harassing but fuck those liberals right they are the worst.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-05-2017, 06:48 PM
I can't speak for whether the taco shop story is true or not, but there has been, very recently, issues of "cultural appropriation" in Canada that has caused an editor of a magazine to resign and the closing of an artist's exhibition.

Magazine editor quits after outrage over column saying he doesn’t believe in cultural appropriation

Toronto gallery cancels show after concerns artist 'bastardizes' Indigenous art