Political correctness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Political correctness?
People feel as though every word you speak to them is in offense to their race, color, or speech. Where I can agree with Republicans is that Political Correctness is just a stupid thought. You can't sensor everyone just because they say 'a bad word' in your mind.

When some kid tells me I can't call someone by some 'derogatory name' when in truth it's just a word. I tell them to either grow a pair or go run to their mommy about how the 'Real World' is 'Too Scary'.

I think people need to grow a thicker skin, everywhere you go people are thinking bad thoughts about you, or someone is talking behind your back. Why? Because we are humans, it's how it happens.

As for this idea that Mexicans must be the only ones to run taco places. Well buddy, welcome to the busy making place, where people don't give two shits about you and your feelings and are only it to make money. Either realize this reality, or go back to the fantasy world where everything revolves around you. It'll make your job easier if you have your safe space in your mind.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2017, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 07:27 PM by epronovost.)
(31-05-2017 06:54 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  People feel as though every word you speak to them is in offense to their race, color, or speech. Where I can agree with Republicans is that Political Correctness is just a stupid thought. You can't sensor everyone just because they say 'a bad word' in your mind.

When some kid tells me I can't call someone by some 'derogatory name' when in truth it's just a word. I tell them to either grow a pair or go run to their mommy about how the 'Real World' is 'Too Scary'.

I think people need to grow a thicker skin, everywhere you go people are thinking bad thoughts about you, or someone is talking behind your back. Why? Because we are humans, it's how it happens.

As for this idea that Mexicans must be the only ones to run taco places. Well buddy, welcome to the busy making place, where people don't give two shits about you and your feelings and are only it to make money. Either realize this reality, or go back to the fantasy world where everything revolves around you. It'll make your job easier if you have your safe space in your mind.

I tend to agree with this sentiment, but also have a tendency to flip it around. If you say something and someone tells you are offensive, full of shit, uncouth, bigoted, etc, you should also be expected to swallow it. If one is expected to be capable of handling a certain amount of critique, insults, disrespect, hyperboles and jokes so should the other. People can and will dislike you for what you say, how you say it and what they think you mean.

To often, when I hear people talking about Political Correctness, I hear people saying that their audience should grow a skin. What I frequently get from that is that those very same people simply don't like to be criticised for what they say and how they say it. I guess my main problem with comes from the hypocrisy and macho posturing hidden beneath this labbel.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 6 users Like epronovost's post
31-05-2017, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 09:25 PM by Vera.)
(31-05-2017 06:54 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Where I can agree with Republicans is that Political Correctness is just a stupid thought.

Political correctness is NOT a stupid thought. What's so stupid about not wanting to live in a society where it's perfectly okay to hear your friends and loved ones called niggers, monkeys and faggots? I for one, do not want to live in it. And since societies apparently take too long to evolve to not THINK like this, I, for one, appreciate having the grossest vileness of the biggest bigots at least somewhat muzzled. In their pathetic homes they can say whatever their hateful little minds want, but I don't want it in the public sphere.

What *is* stupid is saying that you cannot wear a sari unless you're Indian or that I cannot eat farofa because I'm not Brazilian.

The fact that some people have taken it to ridiculous extremes does NOT make it a bad idea.

Or are you going to tell a developmentally-challenged child to grow a pair if they cry because they're being called a retard! Jesus, the amount of anger in some people just because they're asked to show at least of semblance of basic human decency and treat people with at least a modicum of respect. But no, how dare we ask so much! And I don't care what OTHERS do, behind my back or to my face, I'm responsible for myself only and I choose NOT to demean people, nor to ask them to accept being demeaned because "that's they way it is". No, it is not and doesn't have to be!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 12 users Like Vera's post
31-05-2017, 07:29 PM
And here I was thinking that these gals were going to go big time mainstream and hire real Mexican women to work in their catering trucks.

I'm going Girly on youse guys. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-05-2017, 08:15 PM
What people don't get is that political correctness is relative. Currently, it's politically incorrect to insult Trump or else you'll disturb the right wing snowflakes.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
31-05-2017, 09:14 PM
(31-05-2017 06:54 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  People feel as though every word you speak to them is in offense to their race, color, or speech. Where I can agree with Republicans is that Political Correctness is just a stupid thought. You can't sensor everyone just because they say 'a bad word' in your mind.

The OP story is a confirmed fake.

It's interesting that you mention people growing a thick skin. I would also add that the anti-PC crowd ought to develop one too. That way they can cope with people who want to show common decency to others without getting their knickers in a twist.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 10 users Like tomilay's post
01-06-2017, 03:58 AM
Political correctness?
Haven't you heard? White people are NEVER allowed to be offended. It's the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
01-06-2017, 06:08 AM
(01-06-2017 03:58 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  Haven't you heard? White people are NEVER allowed to be offended. It's the law.

[Image: JT-cry-me-a-river-GIF.gif]

Poor wittle white man, show me where the internet hurt your feewwings. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2017, 06:13 AM
(01-06-2017 03:58 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  Haven't you heard? White people are NEVER allowed to be offended. It's the law.

No, it's just that white people have a lot less reasons to be offended by things. Are you offended if someone calls you "cracker"? Probably not.

01-06-2017, 06:22 AM
(01-06-2017 06:08 AM)Vera Wrote:  Poor wittle white man, show me where the internet hurt your feewwings. Drinking Beverage

Well, here's the thing: seems everyone except middle-aged white males have a licence to be butthurt.

When I was in my working years, I (as a much younger white man) was denied access to jobs specifically because I happened to be a white male. One HR person actually said - and this was confirmed by two independent sources - that she (HR interviewers are almost exclusively female) concluded I was "too old, too white and too male" to be offered the position. In fact, had she known I was male she would have never interviewed me in the first place.

This is not an isolated incident.

Consider this employment "equity" statement from a local university:

Quote:Employment equity is a program legislated by the federal Employment Equity Act and the Federal Contractors Program to remove barriers to employment for Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.
In short, if you're a white male, you're excluded.

So, it's not about "the internet hurting feewings". It's about being excluded due to race and gender. That's bigotry.