Politics as usual

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Politics as usual
Sorry, I couldn't resist using a Jay-Z song title for the title of this thread. I was muttering to myself a few minutes ago and got on a roll. I just started finding many similarities between the bible and politics.

You've probably heard this idea before that the bible is nothing more than political propaganda. Let's see some of the things I was able to identify. The first and foremost to me was the tithe. God can do any and everything. He has supreme power. He created the ol' copy paste with the demonstration with the loaves and fish. Five thousand went home on a full stomach of free lunch. God can heal the sick with his shadow, speak words that heal and can even speak words that create. All this is good and dandy but god needs YOUR money! So please feel free to toss a few hundred on the collection plate when in comes round. This to me is nothing more than a tax system! A manipulative tax system for if you don't pay that 10% you owe god, you're stealing from him.

So what I'm saying is they created this imaginary superman that is fearsome. No one would dare disobey. They make their own laws and sanction war endorsed by this god. The result is mass genocide with god's thumbs up. He tells them they can keep all the women and children that are virgins. Loot loot loot!!! These people were greedy so they made their god say "Loot loot loot". Even in Egypt their god told them to take silver and gold from the Egyptians before the exodus began. I wonder why because their god should've known that they would be wondering around the desert for 40 years and there ain't no economy there! But I digress.

We see the same thing in the invasion of Canaan. Magical man says "Go, I give you that land to keep". Screw the fact that there are already people there. No problem we'll take em out! God said so. Same pattern with what's happening today with jihads and stuff from muslim extremists.

All in all this was not "inspired" by no holy spirit. Men wrote that book for men. Islam is just another party. Politics as usual.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 01:40 AM
RE: Politics as usual
[Image: 32574-George-carlin-happiness-BL2K.jpeg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-12-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: Politics as usual
(04-12-2013 01:04 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Sorry, I couldn't resist using a Jay-Z song title for the title of this thread. I was muttering to myself a few minutes ago and got on a roll. I just started finding many similarities between the bible and politics.

You've probably heard this idea before that the bible is nothing more than political propaganda. Let's see some of the things I was able to identify. The first and foremost to me was the tithe. God can do any and everything. He has supreme power. He created the ol' copy paste with the demonstration with the loaves and fish. Five thousand went home on a full stomach of free lunch. God can heal the sick with his shadow, speak words that heal and can even speak words that create. All this is good and dandy but god needs YOUR money! So please feel free to toss a few hundred on the collection plate when in comes round. This to me is nothing more than a tax system! A manipulative tax system for if you don't pay that 10% you owe god, you're stealing from him.

So what I'm saying is they created this imaginary superman that is fearsome. No one would dare disobey. They make their own laws and sanction war endorsed by this god. The result is mass genocide with god's thumbs up. He tells them they can keep all the women and children that are virgins. Loot loot loot!!! These people were greedy so they made their god say "Loot loot loot". Even in Egypt their god told them to take silver and gold from the Egyptians before the exodus began. I wonder why because their god should've known that they would be wondering around the desert for 40 years and there ain't no economy there! But I digress.

We see the same thing in the invasion of Canaan. Magical man says "Go, I give you that land to keep". Screw the fact that there are already people there. No problem we'll take em out! God said so. Same pattern with what's happening today with jihads and stuff from muslim extremists.

All in all this was not "inspired" by no holy spirit. Men wrote that book for men. Islam is just another party. Politics as usual.

Religion is much worse than any political system because although they share similarities God is usually the most brutal and effective dictator no matter if he exists or not. He has control over plenty and is used as the sword to kill people as well as tell people that they will suffer an eternity in fire if they do not serve him. He smites all those he does not like while telling his people of brutal and disgusting ways of killing humans while also promoting no equality, hatred towards homosexuals, and dislike of shellfish as he reigns terror throughout peoples minds while telling them he will calm people's worst fears about death as long as they blind their children and remind faithful themselves. Political systems that reach this level if ugliness usually treat the leader of that system as some sort of deity and worship such person like a God. The God who created the best form of control and obedience and not only in the Bible but in the Quran and Torah as well.

In the end.
Politics>Religion
Although they are both horrific one has definitely infiltrate the other plenty of times and has influenced many horrible things through that as well.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?