Poll: 33% of Sanders Supporters Wouldn't Vote for Clinton

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Poll: 33% of Sanders Supporters Wouldn't Vote for Clinton
I can never understand why people can easily criticize trump but not hillary. I know why, because we know how trump works, while hillary is a shape shifting reptilian. I hate trump, but I would rather have him than shillary.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2016, 11:28 AM
(10-03-2016 10:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can never understand why people can easily criticize trump but not hillary. I know why, because we know how trump works, while hillary is a shape shifting reptilian. I hate trump, but I would rather have him than shillary.

what people? Where would you see not frequent criticism of hillary, that's pretty hard to find outside of a network news station existing anywhere.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-03-2016, 11:34 AM
(10-03-2016 04:16 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 03:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... You mean like verifying that no large crowds of Muslims celebrated in New Jersey after 9/11? That kind of verifying? I mean all it takes is a frikken google search.
Not that I actually claimed anything like that, but there is a police officer and a few NJ residents who corroborated that story in an interview. There most likely weren't thousands of Muslims celebrating (that would be an exaggeration), but the media was wrong when they said that there were no Muslims celebrating the WTC attacks in New Jersey on 9/11. What most likely happened is that Trump confused the footage from the Middle East where there were indeed huge celebrations on 9/11 with some footage of much smaller groups in New Jersey. It happened 15 years ago so I'm not that surprised about it.

So if it was wrong and an exaggeration but Trump believed it, you would deem it not a lie.

But if someone here posts something they believe you conclude is wrong, that equals them lying? Despite them as well believing it but perhaps exaggerating too.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-03-2016, 11:38 AM
(10-03-2016 11:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 10:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can never understand why people can easily criticize trump but not hillary. I know why, because we know how trump works, while hillary is a shape shifting reptilian. I hate trump, but I would rather have him than shillary.

what people? Where would you see not frequent criticism of hillary, that's pretty hard to find outside of a network news station existing anywhere.

I was more directing it towards the media.
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
10-03-2016, 12:28 PM
(10-03-2016 11:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So if it was wrong and an exaggeration but Trump believed it, you would deem it not a lie.

But if someone here posts something they believe you conclude is wrong, that equals them lying? Despite them as well believing it but perhaps exaggerating too.
You're oversimplifying the situation quite a bit. An exaggeration, generally speaking, is a statement which presents something as more than it actually is. In this case, Trump claimed that the number of Muslims that celebrated in NJ to be in the thousands when they were actually just in the hundreds or dozens. Unless there is evidence to suggest that Trump knew he was wrong when he made that claim, it would be difficult to make a case that he was knowingly telling a falsehood, i.e. lying. Given that these events took place 15 years ago, it doesn't seem that far-fetched that he just remembered things incorrectly.

Hobbitgirl, on the other hand, didn't exaggerate anything. Her claim that she would have complained about my other thread if she had seen it does not allow for exaggeration because it doesn't contain any variables, numerical or otherwise, that could be exaggerated beyond what is true. An example of an exaggeration, in this case, would be something like "I would have responded to your post immediately [time variable] if I had seen it." Her version is a simple, conditional statement. Now, unless you want to make a case that her mind isn't fit enough to retain memories from the past few hours, it's hard to see how she could have made that claim without knowing that it's false. Note, also, that she both read and responded to this thread within 10 minutes of its creation. It's almost as if she had some sort of, dare I say it, obsessive compulsion that compels her to complain about each and every one of my anti-Bernie and pro-Trump threads.

I have to say, I enjoy taking the piss out of people by involving them in lengthy arguments about completely mundane stuff. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
(10-03-2016 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 11:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So if it was wrong and an exaggeration but Trump believed it, you would deem it not a lie.

You're oversimplifying the situation quite a bit. An exaggeration, generally speaking, is a statement which presents something as more than it actually is. In this case, Trump claimed that the number of Muslims that celebrated in NJ to be in the thousands when they were actually just in the hundreds or dozens. Unless there is evidence to suggest that Trump knew he was wrong when he made that claim, it would be difficult to make a case that he was knowingly telling a falsehood, i.e. lying. Given that these events took place 15 years ago, it doesn't seem that far-fetched that he just remembered things incorrectly.

Hobbitgirl, on the other hand, didn't exaggerate anything. Her claim that she would have complained about my other thread if she had seen it does not allow for exaggeration because it doesn't contain any variables, numerical or otherwise, that could be exaggerated beyond what is true. An example of an exaggeration, in this case, would be something like "I would have responded to your post immediately [time variable] if I had seen it." Her version is a simple, conditional statement. Now, unless you want to make a case that her mind isn't fit enough to retain memories from the past few hours, it's hard to see how she could have made that claim without knowing that it's false. Note, also, that she both read and responded to this thread within 10 minutes of its creation. It's almost as if she had some sort of, dare I say it, obsessive compulsion that compels her to complain about each and every one of my anti-Bernie and pro-Trump threads.

I have to say, I enjoy taking the piss out of people by involving them in lengthy arguments about completely mundane stuff. Laugh out load

However I wasnt lying. I did not remember that post. But please, forgive me for not remember every thread in here I glance at at every moment in time. What it shows is that I dont spend a lot of time reading your threads if anything, just skimming through them. Especially since you've made so many of late they all blend together. You have turned into what I would call a douchey troll. Wink

But please, continue to tell me what Im thinking...wait didnt you just say something like that?
10-03-2016, 12:46 PM
(10-03-2016 12:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're oversimplifying the situation quite a bit. An exaggeration, generally speaking, is a statement which presents something as more than it actually is. In this case, Trump claimed that the number of Muslims that celebrated in NJ to be in the thousands when they were actually just in the hundreds or dozens. Unless there is evidence to suggest that Trump knew he was wrong when he made that claim, it would be difficult to make a case that he was knowingly telling a falsehood, i.e. lying. Given that these events took place 15 years ago, it doesn't seem that far-fetched that he just remembered things incorrectly.

However I wasnt lying. I did not remember that post. But please, forgive me for not remember every thread in here I glance at at every moment in time. What it shows is that I dont spend a lot of time reading your threads if anything, just skimming through them, because you have turned into what I would call a douchey troll. Wink

But please, continue to tell me what Im thinking...wait didnt you just say something like that?
Uhuhhhh. Can I play too?

You're thinking of a red bike.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
10-03-2016, 12:47 PM
(10-03-2016 12:46 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 12:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  However I wasnt lying. I did not remember that post. But please, forgive me for not remember every thread in here I glance at at every moment in time. What it shows is that I dont spend a lot of time reading your threads if anything, just skimming through them, because you have turned into what I would call a douchey troll. Wink

Uhuhhhh. Can I play too?

You're thinking of a red bike.

Close. Pink pony. I'm impressed with your mind reading skills sir!
10-03-2016, 01:02 PM
(10-03-2016 12:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're oversimplifying the situation quite a bit. An exaggeration, generally speaking, is a statement which presents something as more than it actually is. In this case, Trump claimed that the number of Muslims that celebrated in NJ to be in the thousands when they were actually just in the hundreds or dozens. Unless there is evidence to suggest that Trump knew he was wrong when he made that claim, it would be difficult to make a case that he was knowingly telling a falsehood, i.e. lying. Given that these events took place 15 years ago, it doesn't seem that far-fetched that he just remembered things incorrectly.

However I wasnt lying. I did not remember that post. But please, forgive me for not remember every thread in here I glance at at every moment in time. What it shows is that I dont spend a lot of time reading your threads if anything, just skimming through them. Especially since you've made so many of late they all blend together. You have turned into what I would call a douchey troll. Wink

Douchey? Maybe. Troll? Most definitely. Lighten up, girl. It's all in good fun. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-03-2016, 01:03 PM
(10-03-2016 01:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 12:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  However I wasnt lying. I did not remember that post. But please, forgive me for not remember every thread in here I glance at at every moment in time. What it shows is that I dont spend a lot of time reading your threads if anything, just skimming through them. Especially since you've made so many of late they all blend together. You have turned into what I would call a douchey troll. Wink

Douchey? Maybe. Troll? Most definitely. Lighten up, girl. It's all in good fun. Big Grin

Normally I would. But I really resent being called a liar when its untrue. Mistaken sure, but not intentionally lying.