Poll: What is your preferred afterlife
This poll is closed.
Supernatural hell: Get tortured for a hundred years, but not actually and then be turned loose to temp people. 11.76% 2 11.76%
Supernatural heaven: Supposedly your idea of paradise, but from what I saw way too cramped to spend an eternity. 23.53% 4 23.53%
Catholic idea: Burn forever. 0% 0 0%
Seperation from god for eternity. 64.71% 11 64.71%
Total 17 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: What version of the afterlife would you prefer?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: Poll: What version of the afterlife would you prefer?
(03-10-2017 08:46 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My version of an afterlife would be to time travel and see what was going on throughout history.

For instance, I'd like to have been there when the wheel was invented and the first person realized they didn't have to drag a crap load of rocks over there----->

I'd like to pop in to see what Gengis Khan was like or how Egyptian weavers made their fine linen... which is still a mystery to us modern folk.

I'd like to see Richard the Third and maybe have a chat with him. Maybe give him some advice on his back problems.

Wouldn't it be cool to meet the Emperor of China in the 13th century? How about Alexander the Great? Or just hang out with regular folks.

This would be an interesting afterlife. I wouldn't get bored.

I don't know. I would hate going back and discovering something to the effect of (We had a high level of tech, maybe higher than current.) and did something stupid causing us to start over from primitives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 09:17 AM
I'm perfectly happy with the idea of going back to where I was before I was born.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-10-2017, 09:25 AM
(02-10-2017 10:23 PM)f stop Wrote:  The Roman Catholic idea is not "burn forever." It's separation from God forever. Source: Father Smith Instructs Jackson by John Francis Noll.

While that's technically true (at least today; I'm pretty sure that has changed), it's merely apologetics to explain the eternal pain and claim there is no literal place of hell. Catholics believe the separation from God is so agonizing, it's worse than burning and burning was the term originally used for lack of a more accurate one.

As for the afterlife, I prefer the one that doesn't exist, because it's reality.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
03-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Tempting people could be fun. As long as I can screw with people as I saw fit.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
03-10-2017, 10:10 AM
(03-10-2017 08:46 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My version of an afterlife would be to time travel and see what was going on throughout history.

I actually really like that. Mine is similar to yours, though in the opposite direction. I think death is rather annoying and inconvenient because I want to know what happens next. I want to at least watch the future like a movie just to see what goes on after I'm dead.

That's obviously not going to happen, but that is what I'd like.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
03-10-2017, 10:32 AM
(02-10-2017 11:19 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Beer, weed, pizza, hookers.
Nuff said.

Flying Spaghetti Monster heaven...

Of course hell is the same, just stale beer and ugly strippers..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-10-2017, 10:33 AM
I assume I will be haunting a Perkins Pancake House near our graveyard.
03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
(03-10-2017 10:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

I actually really like that. Mine is similar to yours, though in the opposite direction. I think death is rather annoying and inconvenient because I want to know what happens next. I want to at least watch the future like a movie just to see what goes on after I'm dead.

That's obviously not going to happen, but that is what I'd like.

Sounds ideal, as long as there are all you can eat pretzel bites and cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-10-2017, 07:00 PM
(03-10-2017 06:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 11:09 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Definitely separation from god.

It's pretty much the state we're already in (since we can't be united with a non-existent god) and life isn't all that bad. Relatively little burning and suffering, at least in my neck of the woods, and I can already tempt people if I ever feel into that.

You can if you don't mind consequences. In Supernatural the demons seem to have freedom to do as they please. If caught, they just smoke out and go into someone else, with some exceptions of course.

Who needs to be a demon? I can tempt people just fine as a human separated from a non-existent god.
03-10-2017, 07:34 PM
I voted for "Don't really understand the poll"

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post