Poll about the meaning of Sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Poll about the meaning of Sex
For clarification on "the meaning of sex", I am asking what does it mean for YOU. If you believe that the meaning differs or depends upon the person then say so, but also I'm wondering what meaning you find it it.

And for the meaning of sexual morality, I mean, like several people have answered, do you think there are "rights" and "wrongs" when it comes to sex. For instance some have said that they believe it requires consents, humans, and specifically adults. So just those types of things, are there ways of exercising the sexual act that you think are wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2013, 02:37 PM
(20-10-2013 02:24 PM)WimpyPete Wrote:  For clarification on "the meaning of sex", I am asking what does it mean for YOU. If you believe that the meaning differs or depends upon the person then say so, but also I'm wondering what meaning you find it it.

Oh! I see.

Consider It usually means I'm out of pocket by a few hundred dollars.

(20-10-2013 02:24 PM)WimpyPete Wrote:  ...
And for the meaning of sexual morality, I mean, like several people have answered, do you think there are "rights" and "wrongs" when it comes to sex. For instance some have said that they believe it requires consents, humans, and specifically adults. So just those types of things, are there ways of exercising the sexual act that you think are wrong.

Only the same morality that I apply to everything else in my life. Evil_monster

Dodgy

20-10-2013, 02:39 PM
(20-10-2013 02:24 PM)WimpyPete Wrote:  For clarification on "the meaning of sex", I am asking what does it mean for YOU. If you believe that the meaning differs or depends upon the person then say so, but also I'm wondering what meaning you find it it.

OK, thanks for that clarification.

In that case, sex has no meaning for me, other than the goal of orgasm.

Sexual morality: "wrong" sex would include anything non-consensual, uneven power situations where one party is clearly taking advantage of the other (such as priest/altar boy), and sex with living beings unable to legally consent (children, animals).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Re: Poll about the meaning of Sex
Life! Is the meaning of Sex!

Does that mean sex is the meaning if life? Mayhaps..

1) It's a procreation system, that's it's meaning.
2) I don't know what that means.
3) To establish bonding between sexual partners.
4) The end result is it's role.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-10-2013, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 08:13 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-10-2013 12:36 PM)WimpyPete Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm just doing a bit of work for a class paper and was interested in collecting some sample thoughts about sex. If you are interested please give your thoughts on the following questions:

1) Does sex have any meaning?
2) What is your sexual morality?
3) What role does love have in sex?
4) What role does procreation have in sex?

I look forward to hearing from people, thanks

1. It has whatever meaning you give it.
2. Sexual morality? Whatever is mutually agreed upon and between consenting adults is fine and probably fun for them.
3. None
4. None

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-10-2013, 08:11 PM
(20-10-2013 12:36 PM)WimpyPete Wrote:  3) What role does love have in sex?
4) What role does procreation have in sex?

(20-10-2013 03:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  3. None
4. None

Right there. That's pathos.

Bowing

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Some of the best, the most transcended sex I've ever had was with a man I didn't care if I ever saw again. No love, just carnal pleasures of the flesh. He was amazing.

20-10-2013, 08:32 PM
(20-10-2013 08:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Some of the best, the most transcended sex I've ever had was with a man I didn't care if I ever saw again. No love, just carnal pleasures of the flesh. He was amazing.

Was his name, Mr de Sade, by any chance?

20-10-2013, 08:41 PM
(20-10-2013 08:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 08:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Some of the best, the most transcended sex I've ever had was with a man I didn't care if I ever saw again. No love, just carnal pleasures of the flesh. He was amazing.

Was his name, Mr de Sade, by any chance?

No, but it could have been. I just called him "Sir" and spent a lot of time thanking him.

20-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the posts guys, I'm going to keep working and might come back with some different follow up questions later