Polling Locations Clogged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2016, 08:47 AM
Polling Locations Clogged
I was in line for 20 minutes when I found out the wait was going to be 1 hour+
So I left without voting. Irritates me that Im standing there losing pay from my job just to choose between two ass holes.

A friend of mine was saying in new mexico they have like 20% of the polling places they had in 2012 in some counties. And when the supreme court said they don't have to enforce the VRA anymore, a lot of places in the south were able to just close stuff where they wanted
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Keen's post
08-11-2016, 08:52 AM
RE: Polling Locations Clogged
My toilet is clogged as well.....

Coincidence?????

Maybe....

But maybe not...................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-11-2016, 08:57 AM
It wasn't bad at my polling place, but they make you jump through more hoops than in the past. I had to get my ID checked at two separate tables, the second of which required me to remove it from my wallet, and then go to a third table to get a ballot before I could finally go to a booth and vote. Nevertheless, the whole process only took about 10 minutes. I made a point of getting there early (half hour before the polls opened), so I was second in line. That helped. I would have done whatever it took to get my vote in, but I'm glad it didn't take much.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM
(08-11-2016 08:47 AM)Keen Wrote:  I was in line for 20 minutes when I found out the wait was going to be 1 hour+
So I left without voting. Irritates me that Im standing there losing pay from my job just to choose between two ass holes.

A friend of mine was saying in new mexico they have like 20% of the polling places they had in 2012 in some counties. And when the supreme court said they don't have to enforce the VRA anymore, a lot of places in the south were able to just close stuff where they wanted

Only one of them is an asshole and that is Turmp and you can blame the GOP for 36 years of Gerrymandering too

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2016, 09:01 AM
(08-11-2016 08:47 AM)Keen Wrote:  I was in line for 20 minutes when I found out the wait was going to be 1 hour+

This can't be true ... because Bucky said:

(03-11-2016 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
They can't "rig" the nation's vote.

Dodgy

08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
My husband said a colleague of his waited in line for 2 hours.

This is just unacceptable.
Meanwhile in Sweden they have mail in ballots. Everyone is auto registered and mailed a ballot to their home. There was an 85% turn out vs the US historical 50% at best.
08-11-2016, 09:10 AM
(08-11-2016 09:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

Only one of them is an asshole and that is Turmp and you can blame the GOP for 36 years of Gerrymandering too

Do you not know that Democrats are at least equally guilty of gerrymandering?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-11-2016, 09:16 AM
(08-11-2016 09:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 09:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Only one of them is an asshole and that is Turmp and you can blame the GOP for 36 years of Gerrymandering too

Do you not know that Democrats are at least equally guilty of gerrymandering?

I believe that either party will pull whatever dirty tricks it thinks it can get away with (just like people in general). However, in Wisconsin, we have a Republican governor and a Republican-controlled state legislature, so the Republicans are the ones actually doing it.

Not that our Democrats are squeaky clean -- a few years back, when a vote was certain not to go their way, all the Democrats left the state and hid out in Illinois for a few weeks so that the vote couldn't be held at all (insufficient quorum). Even I thought that was a bush-league thing to do, and I'm a Democrat.
08-11-2016, 10:01 AM
(08-11-2016 09:03 AM)Keen Wrote:  My husband said a colleague of his waited in line for 2 hours.

This is just unacceptable.
Meanwhile in Sweden they have mail in ballots. Everyone is auto registered and mailed a ballot to their home. There was an 85% turn out vs the US historical 50% at best.

They do in the US too. I voted 6 weeks ago. By mail. (You have to request the ballot, on the internet ... mine came the next day.) No fuckin' way am I waiting in any line.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-11-2016, 10:20 AM
This benefits Trump. Younger voters and lower income voters can't afford to miss work.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post