Polling Locations Clogged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Polling Locations Clogged
(08-11-2016 08:47 AM)Keen Wrote:  I was in line for 20 minutes when I found out the wait was going to be 1 hour+
So I left without voting. Irritates me that Im standing there losing pay from my job just to choose between two ass holes.

A friend of mine was saying in new mexico they have like 20% of the polling places they had in 2012 in some counties. And when the supreme court said they don't have to enforce the VRA anymore, a lot of places in the south were able to just close stuff where they wanted

That's just another way to prevent people from voting. Angry

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Never mind Trump fans, do as Trumpy says and you still have almost three weeks...

http://file2.stuff.co.nz/450/16212450.mp4

Then you'll have them all to yourself

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
08-11-2016, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 10:33 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-11-2016 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This benefits Trump. Younger voters and lower income voters can't afford to miss work.

It benefits no one if the election results don't reflect the actual opinions of the electorate. Whoever is elected has to actually *lead* the country, (something Trump is incapable of ). There will be some who won't vote, but the turn-out in pre-balloting is massive, (ie in Florida Hispanic voting) and that does not favor Trump.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-11-2016, 10:46 AM
(08-11-2016 08:47 AM)Keen Wrote:  I was in line for 20 minutes when I found out the wait was going to be 1 hour+
So I left without voting. Irritates me that Im standing there losing pay from my job just to choose between two ass holes.
This is why I went to early voting. No line and no time off from work.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-11-2016, 10:48 AM
(08-11-2016 10:46 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
This is why I went to early voting. No line and no time off from work.

There's a bunch of states that don't allow it.

I honestly don't know why.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-a...oting.aspx

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Not just the polling places.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Gawdzilla's post
08-11-2016, 11:08 AM
(08-11-2016 09:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 09:00 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Only one of them is an asshole and that is Turmp and you can blame the GOP for 36 years of Gerrymandering too

Do you not know that Democrats are at least equally guilty of gerrymandering?

The Peoples Republic of Maryland is one of the highest gerrymandered states along with NC.

I give you the "Praying Mantis" (yes we name them). Big Grin

[Image: md3.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-11-2016, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 11:27 AM by GirlyMan.)
(08-11-2016 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This benefits Trump. Younger voters and lower income voters can't afford to miss work.

Don't know why you would say that. Angry under-educated lower income voters make up a good chunk of Trump supporters. Much of the youth vote is on college campuses, missing work won't affect their turnout. And the yuppies don't have an issue talking time off from work. Their employers likely encourage it. You go through some serious mental gymnastics to try and deny the obvious ramifications. You argue politics like a fundie argues God.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-11-2016, 11:42 AM

Yep.
08-11-2016, 12:31 PM
(08-11-2016 11:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Don't know why you would say that. Angry under-educated lower income voters make up a good chunk of Trump supporters. Much of the youth vote is on college campuses, missing work won't affect their turnout. And the yuppies don't have an issue talking time off from work. Their employers likely encourage it. You go through some serious mental gymnastics to try and deny the obvious ramifications. You argue politics like a fundie argues God.

You confuse "under educated" with income. The average GOP voter makes more money than the average Democrat voter. The average GOP voter might not have a college degree but they have jobs that make money. Plumbers, construction workers, police, laborors etc. I don't have a college degree but I've always had a well paying job. My wife manages a restaurant for 6 figures and she only has a GED. Lots of college graduates out there working at Starbucks because the high paying jobs they want are hard to find.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]