Polls in Germany show AfD overtaking the social democrats

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2018, 05:26 AM
For the first time in post WWII history, the Social Democratic Party (SPD) is not strongest party or follower up with 40%....20% of votes, but the (alt-)Right AfD overtook the SPD in current polls at 17%. AfD scored 13% in last autums elections and teh SPD 21%.

AfD is on the fast lane. Fasten your seatbelts (and grab your grandpas iron crosses). Weeping

P.S.: What was the requirements again to immigrate to Canada (sorry, USA is out of the picture, i am not interested in " settling in Cuba" No )?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
12-07-2018, 05:37 AM
RE: Polls in Germany show AfD overtaking the social democrats
(12-07-2018 05:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  For the first time in post WWII history, the Social Democratic Party (SPD) is not strongest party or follower up with 40%....20% of votes, but the (alt-)Right AfD overtook the SPD in current polls at 17%. AfD scored 13% in last autums elections and teh SPD 21%.

AfD is on the fast lane. Fasten your seatbelts (and grab your grandpas iron crosses). Weeping

P.S.: What was the requirements again to immigrate to Canada (sorry, USA is out of the picture, i am not interested in " settling in Cuba" No )?

Sadly the spectre of right wing nationalism seems to be stalking many of our democracies and the potential for damage is immense. Look at Brexit in the UK and Trump in the US.............awful. No

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
12-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Sorry to hear...this does seem to be a worldwide trend. Given that the American president is thirsting for some kind of a war to help him get reelected in 2020, it's not looking good for any of us.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
12-07-2018, 06:30 AM
(12-07-2018 05:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  P.S.: What was the requirements again to immigrate to Canada (sorry, USA is out of the picture, i am not interested in " settling in Cuba" No )?

I'm moving there in less than six weeks. We're getting permanent residency permits, so, we took the long haul of shit-tons of paperwork and language tests.

(12-07-2018 05:37 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Sadly the spectre of right wing nationalism seems to be stalking many of our democracies and the potential for damage is immense. Look at Brexit in the UK and Trump in the US.............awful. No

Luckily, Canada seems to have a good track record of learning from the US' mistakes.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-07-2018, 11:39 AM
To call it troubling news would be understatement. But if right wing grows maybe left will shake off stupor and remind us of it's tradition of fighting fascism?

I can only hope that this is abberation rather than new trend.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
12-07-2018, 12:17 PM
(12-07-2018 05:26 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  For the first time in post WWII history, the Social Democratic Party (SPD) is not strongest party or follower up with 40%....20% of votes, but the (alt-)Right AfD overtook the SPD in current polls at 17%. AfD scored 13% in last autums elections and teh SPD 21%.

Sorry Sad As for Canada, hope you're better qualified than I...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2018, 01:57 PM
The regressive left is making the right seem more and more attractive, especially to young, uninformed individuals with ambition. The SJW types are ruining things for everyone and making those of us, that identify as liberals in the traditional sense, look like idiots because we get grouped in with the morons.
[+] 1 user Likes RBMG's post
12-07-2018, 02:15 PM
(12-07-2018 01:57 PM)RBMG Wrote:  The regressive left is making the right seem more and more attractive, especially to young, uninformed individuals with ambition. The SJW types are ruining things for everyone and making those of us, that identify as liberals in the traditional sense, look like idiots because we get grouped in with the morons.

I don't think you can blame it on any one group.

I think there has been a trend toward xenophobia because of all the displaced people that does cause heightened fears. The countries that starting to lean that way seem to be capitalizing on fear -- where in some cases there isn't need for it. It's been a slow burn that isn't going away anytime soon until something major happens that forces everyone to come together for a cause.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-07-2018, 02:45 PM
(12-07-2018 01:57 PM)RBMG Wrote:  The regressive left is making the right seem more and more attractive, especially to young, uninformed individuals with ambition. The SJW types are ruining things for everyone and making those of us, that identify as liberals in the traditional sense, look like idiots because we get grouped in with the morons.

Not in my neck of the woods, sonny.

The ambitious young people I know are left-leaning, but maybe that's because I'm in godless Mass and in the arts.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
12-07-2018, 02:59 PM
(12-07-2018 02:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I don't think you can blame it on any one group.

I think there has been a trend toward xenophobia because of all the displaced people that does cause heightened fears. The countries that starting to lean that way seem to be capitalizing on fear -- where in some cases there isn't need for it. It's been a slow burn that isn't going away anytime soon until something major happens that forces everyone to come together for a cause.

Not only one group is guilty but right wing politicians stoking fear should shoulder greatest part of blame. Still, left by leaving cause of workers behind also can be blamed for populist success (at least in Poland); being pro same sex marriages while just and commendable simply isn't enough as left is built on fighting for working class rights.

Anyway, here is Guardian take on things.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post