Polyamory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Polyamory
I say free love for everybody who gives a fuck. Your thoughts?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
30-11-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: Polyamory
(30-11-2013 08:49 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I say free love for everybody who gives a fuck. Your thoughts?

I'm a polyamorous person, but due to the social stigma attached, and the lack of consent from my current partner, I am only one in spirit, not practice.

Also, never cheated on anybody in a mono-relationship.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Boysurroundedbymoms's post
30-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Poly here too. And I, for one, most definitely give a fuck! Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-11-2013, 09:33 PM
I never thought if I'm poly or not I wouldn't know
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2013, 09:35 PM
(30-11-2013 09:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Poly here too. And I, for one, most definitely give a fuck! Thumbsup

A-fucking-men, brother.
30-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Poly is an easy label people slap on folks who don't fit their definition of "normal". Thing is, it isn't hurtful, and it's a starting point that most people can recognize. So I often have had to consider whether or not I am "poly" in order to facilitate my explanation of why I do or do not fit the current understanding and why.

So...after you've considered it, I'd love to hear why you feel you do or do not fit your understanding of the word "poly."

Cuz, well....how you gonna help others understand this "free love" shenanigans you're talking about if you don't?

Savvy?

30-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I have no idea what it means, so I'm just going to nod my head and agree.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I totally would be, but I'm married. No

I'm pretty sure being a dude qualifies you (at least in terms of our urges) as polyamorous.

edit: (I could be missing some nuances of the term, I didn't do a very in depth google of it)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-11-2013, 09:57 PM
(30-11-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I totally would be, but I'm married. No

I'm pretty sure being a dude qualifies you (at least in terms of our urges) as polyamorous.

edit: (I could be missing some nuances of the term, I didn't do a very in depth google of it)

"Polyamorous" is most definitely a little bit about sex, and a LOT about love. Like, as in relationship type stuff. Threesomes are fun. So are roller coasters. But unless you work at an amusement park, you just aren't gonna ride the roller coaster very often. Polyamorous people are the people who decide they like roller coasters way beyond the adrenaline rush, so they become roller coaster engineers.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-11-2013, 10:02 PM
(30-11-2013 09:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I totally would be, but I'm married. No

"Polyamorous" is most definitely a little bit about sex, and a LOT about love. Like, as in relationship type stuff. Threesomes are fun. So are roller coasters. But unless you work at an amusement park, you just aren't gonna ride the roller coaster very often. Polyamorous people are the people who decide they like roller coasters way beyond the adrenaline rush, so they become roller coaster engineers.

Ah. So I did miss some nuance. In that case......I'm totally not sure. I'll have to give it some thought. Right off the bat I'd have to say I'm definitely for the idea, but it would take some really cool people to be able to pull off polyamorous relationships without some serious drama from time to time.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post