Polyamory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Polyamory
uneven groups are said to be the most stable types, so a triad could be better than a couple

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
30-11-2013, 10:04 PM
I've been in open/poly relationships and I think it's quite fulfilling, with the right person. You definitely have to have a strong and trusting relationship to be poly. My current partner and I have discussed being involved with others and we're both open to the idea but frankly, who has time for that shit? I barely have time to sleep with one man every night. Tongue

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 2 users Like Ohio Sky's post
30-11-2013, 10:06 PM
(30-11-2013 08:49 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  ...
free love for everybody

Is there a waiting list? Add my name please.

Polyamory Consider Is it just me who thinks of ...

[Image: pollyanna-club.jpg]

30-11-2013, 10:31 PM
I prefer a rapid succession of short-term monogamy.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
30-11-2013, 10:34 PM
(30-11-2013 10:31 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I prefer a rapid succession of short-term monogamy.

Yabut, that's promiscuity and is not the same as -amory.

Smartass

30-11-2013, 10:35 PM
(30-11-2013 09:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Poly is an easy label people slap on folks who don't fit their definition of "normal". Thing is, it isn't hurtful, and it's a starting point that most people can recognize. So I often have had to consider whether or not I am "poly" in order to facilitate my explanation of why I do or do not fit the current understanding and why.

So...after you've considered it, I'd love to hear why you feel you do or do not fit your understanding of the word "poly."

Cuz, well....how you gonna help others understand this "free love" shenanigans you're talking about if you don't?

Savvy?

I believe I fit under the label because I am not only interested in having SEX with multiple women. I am interested in having multiple RELATIONSHIPS with them.

The sex is incidental, and frankly, I am not a fan of threesomes in itself.

I just feel that I can't properly please my partner if there is another person there as well.

I am however, hopelessly in love with multiple women, and it kills me to choose to only be with one, or none. So, for me, it's NOT JUST ABOUT SEX.

Of course, my indecision to really choose is most-likely based on abandonment issues rather than anything else.

I also don't believe that being involved romantically with more than one partner diminishes their worth at all. I think that if you treat them with the respect and honesty that a romantic partner should be treated with, it can be a fulfilling relationship emotionally as well as physically.

This is why I have told my girlfriend I am polyamorous, and she understands it and is glad that I am honest enough to admit to it, and a decent enough person to let her know who she is dealing with.

Of course, she said I am not allowed to pursue my other romantic inclinations, but I am more than fine with withholding for my partner, because if I didn't, then I would be disrespecting her.
[+] 2 users Like Boysurroundedbymoms's post
01-12-2013, 01:21 AM
(30-11-2013 10:35 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  The sex is incidental, and frankly, I am not a fan of threesomes in itself.

I just feel that I can't properly please my partner if there is another person there as well.

In the hopes of learning/teaching, hopefully you won't be offended if I challenge you're thinking here.

I feel this explination ignores the very difference between poly amorous relationships and people who just like fucking more than one person (for the record I fall under both categories and am ashamed of neither). You see, if you were thinking about the sex with a relationship mindset (ie. still sex, but deeper) you'd see that it's not about you pleasing your partner. It's about you pleasing partner A with partner B, and pleasing partner B with partner A. It's not something that should be difficult, it should be more easy, since no matter the challenge that lay before you, you know you have someone else there to help you accomplish the feat.

Basically what I'm saying is, sex, like every other aspect of a relationship, can be more complicated in a plural relationship. Remember to take each challenge head on, but with a positive light.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
(01-12-2013 01:21 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 10:35 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  The sex is incidental, and frankly, I am not a fan of threesomes in itself.

In the hopes of learning/teaching, hopefully you won't be offended if I challenge you're thinking here.

I feel this explination ignores the very difference between poly amorous relationships and people who just like fucking more than one person (for the record I fall under both categories and am ashamed of neither). You see, if you were thinking about the sex with a relationship mindset (ie. still sex, but deeper) you'd see that it's not about you pleasing your partner. It's about you pleasing partner A with partner B, and pleasing partner B with partner A. It's not something that should be difficult, it should be more easy, since no matter the challenge that lay before you, you know you have someone else there to help you accomplish the feat.

Basically what I'm saying is, sex, like every other aspect of a relationship, can be more complicated in a plural relationship. Remember to take each challenge head on, but with a positive light.

True, thank you for your wonderful insight, but I still am not a fan of three-somes.

However, you have changed my opinion of them.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

YoungGrasshopper

(This post had zero sarcasm in it, only sincerity.)
01-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Threesomes work fine as long as none of the participant's want to be more than friends.
Been through that green eyed hell.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
01-12-2013, 01:45 AM
To each their own. I'm not 'for' or 'against' any type of consensual relationship between adults. It really isn't any of my business. If we are talking about the legality of polyamory, the state should have the same philosophy as me. It really isn't any of their business what I do in my private life so long as I'm not harming another human being.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post