Polyamory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 02:01 AM
RE: Polyamory
(01-12-2013 01:45 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  To each their own. I'm not 'for' or 'against' any type of consensual relationship between adults. It really isn't any of my business. If we are talking about the legality of polyamory, the state should have the same philosophy as me. It really isn't any of their business what I do in my private life so long as I'm not harming another human being.

Agree! Personally I need a monogamous relationship, and a partner who agrees. But whatever consenting adults decide to partake in.... Whatever gets you off Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Also, grasshopper, when multi-sourcing, don't forget the different categories of relationships...

Strategic
Tactical
Operational
Commodity

Each category involves different levels/amounts of effort, cost, approvals, information sharing, risk etc.

I wrote extensively about this some months ago but I guess you won't have seen it being a n00b and everything.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Amazing to see this conversation.

It was the norm in my youth, the late 60s and early 70s. It was what hippies were all about. Whatever weird opinions about hippies have survived the decades, this is the core it was really all about.

If you think this message board is tolerant, you ain't seen nothing yet. We welcomed anyone into our circle, anyone at all. And, sooner or later, everyone, regardless of background, age, race, origin or personality traits, did settle in. You just can't help yourself but flow along when you are surrounded by love. Appears to be human nature.

My personal experience with it was all positive. Of course, the worst STD at the time was the clap, easily fixed with some penicillin. And, free sex was only a byproduct of the lifestyle. Yes, it was a great feeling to be so close to so many people, but over the years something appeared to be lacking.

That lifestyle only survived time in a few, now oddball, small scattered groups. And most of those would have been considered extremist in one way or another back then. For me, there came a time when I longed for something more stable, the relationships, while always fun and pleasant, were always changing with people coming and going for various reasons.

Eventually a need for a stable, primary relationship surfaced. I guess we are hardwired for this. Slowly but surely we disbanded and rode off into the sunset with one primary person, or to look for a perfect fit.

I would not ever think of changing that part of my past, it was not only fun but also very enlightening regarding people and relationships and how to make things work and keep them on an even keel and everyone happy. It was a fun learning experience. That said, I don't think I could live like that now. I'd rather just do my own thing now. And that is what I am doing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
01-12-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm archaic. I haven't been with a woman since I fell in love with that dang Gwynnies. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-12-2013, 07:16 AM
(01-12-2013 07:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm archaic. I haven't been with a woman since I fell in love with that dang Gwynnies. Tongue

And now I know what's wrong with you! Can't you just, you know, go doggy style and pretend?

01-12-2013, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 07:36 AM by houseofcantor.)
(01-12-2013 07:16 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm archaic. I haven't been with a woman since I fell in love with that dang Gwynnies. Tongue

And now I know what's wrong with you! Can't you just, you know, go doggy style and pretend?

I whacked off to Kristen Stewart one time. Does that count?

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-12-2013, 07:20 AM
(01-12-2013 07:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:16 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  And now I know what's wrong with you! Can't you just, you know, go doggy style and pretend?

I whacked off to Kristen Stewart on time. Does that count?
[Image: Grumpy-Cat-Says-No.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
01-12-2013, 07:26 AM
(01-12-2013 07:20 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I whacked off to Kristen Stewart on time. Does that count?
[Image: Grumpy-Cat-Says-No.jpg]

There it is then. I am in an inertial conundrum. I would feel I was short-changing my potential partner if I did not love her as I love my Gwynnies, yet it takes time to learn to love and what woman would tolerate my Gwynnie thing? Consider

01-12-2013, 07:28 AM
(01-12-2013 07:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:20 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  [Image: Grumpy-Cat-Says-No.jpg]

There it is then. I am in an inertial conundrum. I would feel I was short-changing my potential partner if I did not love her as I love my Gwynnies, yet it takes time to learn to love and what woman would tolerate my Gwynnie thing? Consider

[Image: celebrity-pictures-donald-trump-six-hookers.jpg]

01-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I can't do that either. The one time I tried a one-night stand, I was in a relationship for a year. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post