Polyamory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Polyamory
(01-12-2013 01:46 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  I am more than aware that it's not polyamory, I just was extending her the offer. I am confident in my sexual prowess and "endowment" that I have nothing to fear from other guys.

Also, I think of it as like eating. Sure, this hamburger is fucking awesome, it fills me up and the taste is great, but I can't possibly eat this EVERYDAY of my life. And if I want a salad another day, that doesn't make the hamburger lesser, it just means that I am not in the mood for it, even if it is one of the best burgers I will probably ever taste.

You get what I am saying?

I just don't believe I can handle eating a hamburger everyday for the rest of my life, but I will try to do it, because I love the hamburger, even if I also love the salad that I can't eat.

And, Also, I would like to add that I think it is a shame that there is this whole social code that essentially dictates that we must be in mono-relationships. I think that if people broke away from that concept, than there would be a lot less of a social stigma.

And I just think that my partner has a lot of love to give and I have no problem with her giving it to other people.

Also, I have a lot of love to give, and it's a shame that I am limited in who I can give it to because society dictates it so.

Your confidence then explains your stance, since I don't think many men would like sharing their girlfriend.

I don't like being seen as a "hamburger". For me and my boyfriend, sex is very much based on emotion. Before me, he had countless one night stands and encounters with prostitutes. He always tells me that it never satisfied him because he didn't have feelings for the other person so he couldn't "enjoy" it.

I don't think you have any special feelings for your burger. So I think it's different. As for not wanting to eat a burger every day, that is why we constantly try new things and try to give new things to each other, changing attitudes, looks, behaviour (in sex, always). If we ever get bored of each other, we will just split up.

It would devastate me if he cheated on me and it's the same for him. If we don't feel like having sex with each other anymore, why force it? And no, if he got bored with me, he wouldn't come back after he's found something different.

Giving love does not mean giving sex. You said it yourself. It's like eating a hamburger. Where's the love for your hamburger?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
01-12-2013, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 02:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-12-2013 02:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Giving love does not mean giving sex. You said it yourself. It's like eating a hamburger. Where's the love for your hamburger?

Hamburgers are better than steak. Big Grin

(01-12-2013 02:29 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 02:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Love ain't got nothing to do with your penis, silly boy. Girly's got kids and grandkids who I love so much I'd lay down my life for them. But I sure as shit ain't got no interest in fucking them.

Girly don't know nothing else. ... Never felt anything different. Don't see the appeal.

Specifically romantic love, silly Tongue

Ain't happening for Girly. Maintaining a partnership is hard enough. Don't see no reason to further confound shit by expanding it to a corporation. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-12-2013, 02:41 PM
(01-12-2013 02:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 01:46 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  I am more than aware that it's not polyamory, I just was extending her the offer. I am confident in my sexual prowess and "endowment" that I have nothing to fear from other guys.

Also, I think of it as like eating. Sure, this hamburger is fucking awesome, it fills me up and the taste is great, but I can't possibly eat this EVERYDAY of my life. And if I want a salad another day, that doesn't make the hamburger lesser, it just means that I am not in the mood for it, even if it is one of the best burgers I will probably ever taste.

You get what I am saying?

I just don't believe I can handle eating a hamburger everyday for the rest of my life, but I will try to do it, because I love the hamburger, even if I also love the salad that I can't eat.

And, Also, I would like to add that I think it is a shame that there is this whole social code that essentially dictates that we must be in mono-relationships. I think that if people broke away from that concept, than there would be a lot less of a social stigma.

And I just think that my partner has a lot of love to give and I have no problem with her giving it to other people.

Also, I have a lot of love to give, and it's a shame that I am limited in who I can give it to because society dictates it so.

Your confidence then explains your stance, since I don't think many men would like sharing their girlfriend.

I don't like being seen as a "hamburger". For me and my boyfriend, sex is very much based on emotion. Before me, he had countless one night stands and encounters with prostitutes. He always tells me that it never satisfied him because he didn't have feelings for the other person so he couldn't "enjoy" it.

I don't think you have any special feelings for your burger. So I think it's different. As for not wanting to eat a burger every day, that is why we constantly try new things and try to give new things to each other, changing attitudes, looks, behaviour (in sex, always). If we ever get bored of each other, we will just split up.

It would devastate me if he cheated on me and it's the same for him. If we don't feel like having sex with each other anymore, why force it? And no, if he got bored with me, he wouldn't come back after he's found something different.

Giving love does not mean giving sex. You said it yourself. It's like eating a hamburger. Where's the love for your hamburger?

I didn't mean to say that women/men were like food, I was merely using an example that might illustrate my point better.

Now, I understand that love isn't all about Sex. In fact, that's why I am more than happy with her having Sex with other people, because it isn't that big of a factor for loving a person.

And that bolded part is where your boyfriend and I differ.

I would always comeback if I loved you.
01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
(01-12-2013 02:41 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  I didn't mean to say that women/men were like food, I was merely using an example that might illustrate my point better.

Now, I understand that love isn't all about Sex. In fact, that's why I am more than happy with her having Sex with other people, because it isn't that big of a factor for loving a person.

Love isn't all about sex, but sex is a very very important part of romantic relationships.

What I was trying to say is that if he reached a point where he'd need to have sex with other women, for him it would mean that it is over with us.

Yes, of course he will still love me, but he won't be interested in having sex with me anymore. And we'd just go back to being friends.

As much as you love someone, if you're not attracted to them anymore, you can't force yourself to stay in the relationship. On the other hand, both of us can only have sex when there is an emotional bond too, so if one of us had sex with another person, it would mean they also have feelings for them, so it would be important.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
01-12-2013, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 02:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-12-2013 02:48 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Love isn't all about sex, but sex is a very very important part of romantic relationships.

Its importance diminishes over time. ... Companionship, on the other hand, prevails.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
(01-12-2013 02:48 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 02:41 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  I didn't mean to say that women/men were like food, I was merely using an example that might illustrate my point better.

Love isn't all about sex, but sex is a very very important part of romantic relationships.

What I was trying to say is that if he reached a point where he'd need to have sex with other women, for him it would mean that it is over with us.

Yes, of course he will still love me, but he won't be interested in having sex with me anymore. And we'd just go back to being friends.

As much as you love someone, if you're not attracted to them anymore, you can't force yourself to stay in the relationship. On the other hand, both of us can only have sex when there is an emotional bond too, so if one of us had sex with another person, it would mean they also have feelings for them, so it would be important.

Whos says I can't be attracted to two women, or be in love with two women?

Why can't I have sex with another woman, and still want to have sex with the original?
01-12-2013, 03:00 PM
(01-12-2013 02:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 02:48 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Love isn't all about sex, but sex is a very very important part of romantic relationships.

Its importance diminishes over time. ... Companionship, on the other hand, prevails.

Yeah but sex is important for humans in general. And I want to have a lot of sex in my lifetime. And I'm sure I will still want sex 20 years from now. So if I don't have sex with my boyfriend, who will it be?
And if I have sex with another person, will I just stay with my boyfriend for "companionship"?

-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-12-2013, 03:02 PM
You know you're talking past each other, right?

Consent and trust are all you need; what form that takes will obviously vary...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
01-12-2013, 03:02 PM
(01-12-2013 02:57 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  Whos says I can't be attracted to two women, or be in love with two women?

Why can't I have sex with another woman, and still want to have sex with the original?

I don't know. Whenever I wanted to have sex with another person other than the one I was already having sex with, after initiating the new relationship, I never wanted to go back. Ever.

So I guess for me, once I want to have sex with another person it means I just want that person and no one else.

As I said in my first post, I just don't understand the feeling you're talking about.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-12-2013, 03:07 PM
(01-12-2013 03:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  You know you're talking past each other, right?

Consent and trust are all you need; what form that takes will obviously vary...

Quite obviously the more people involved in love trysts, as a generalization, the more open becomes the Pandora'a Box.
Exceptions to the rule, may not be good guide lines per se!
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post