Polytheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Polytheism
Polytheism is not inherently better than any other religious construct. However, most modern incarnations, especially the western neo-pagans, are fairly harmless (though excessively into woo... many I know/know of are anti-vaxers and homeopaths). I believe some Hindu sects get up to some shit in India these days as well.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 12:40 AM
I'll agree it's almost as far-fetched as monotheism.

That said, it has a significant advantage over monotheism, in that it avoids the omnis. In a polytheism, the gods aren't omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, et cetera. This avoids a few zillion paradoxes, and technically makes polytheism more plausible than monotheism.

It's still, like, 2% of the objections addressed, though, still a lot more to go before polytheism is plausible. (Yeah, okay, made up percentage.) Also, lack of evidence.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
07-07-2013, 02:09 AM
when morals, else rights, are objective, then it can b easily proven how polytheism is worse

evil is the rejection of true existence, wether for the will to take advantage of truth character being infinite
or for the pleasure to pretend superiority over superior knowledge

the result is the rejection of true existence, which is the biggest crime in all ways and means

there cant b any form or sense but relatively true first

but also my reaction is different though i know how noone consider things freely

i cant understand how smthg real could b looked at as nothing or worse attacked, poor thing but more it is unqualifiable

reality is not an individual quality, it is an objective value of being present

when u reject what is present then u cant b present in anyway even subjectively or as a will
it would surely take the form of evil, the obsession to destroy else, in the abstract knowledge that it could always b present

so when one god is the evil end that want to keep destroying any possible else existence

plurality of gods is evil edges where objective reality would seek to destroy itself for wat evil cannot exist
so it is hell for any right and everything real

like we can see that in the world, when the criminal is one evil guy ruling the space, then that space is still existing of all the struggles and resistence to it

but when we can identify in the same space plurality of evil humans then nothing is the exclusive hope to not become crazy in looking at anything or anywhere
07-07-2013, 05:37 AM
I believe that St. Thomas Aquinas argues that polytheism is impossible. Of course he is working on the definition that a God is an ultimate being. Mainly that being ultimate encompasses a certain group of traits. Such as Truth, omniscient, omnipotent ect. If you have two beings who are both ultimate beings then they would be exactly the same. And as such be essentially the same being. If one God creates another God then the first one is above the second.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
07-07-2013, 06:29 AM
u work for the opposition to truth

if ultimate being exist then it would b constant being and constancy would b else, which would point truth existence at the edges of being and beyond ultimates

then ultimate being do not exist

one cannot create another,

if one mean another then it must make its fact objectively hundred percent first
but then it would mean that it is not it
so another is simply free n what is free is by definition never created n never to quantify nor to value
07-07-2013, 08:20 AM
If I'm going to have some gods, I think I'd rather they be more human like with limited powers, ya know, gods that actually feel emotions and care. A god that can shake the ground or toss lightning about. I also always like the god of home & hearth, a god that would help you make homemade bread and fill your house with a pleasant spring time scent. Useful gods is what I'm talking about, but of course none of them really exist but if some were to exist, I would want them to quarrel on their own world and help fix the issues we have here.

Maybe twist the arm of a world leader here and there to convince them to do right by the people that elected them.
Like literally twist the arm, in some cases I would mind a little breakage.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
07-07-2013, 09:26 AM
bc u seek for any constancy so u fancy on powers able to hide wat is wrong and sponsor illusions of positive being present

elections obviously are wrong, the mass is always wrong, only superiority is right

the mass dont mean but individuals limited profits to serve their positive needs

while only true free superiority is the reason of positive constancy

what feels emotions is an animal possessed by others stimulis, so it cant do anything anywhere while the power over it is surely meaning through smthg else, never the reality that poor animal endure or see

bread or nice scents are not positive facts, this is ur individual taste that mean nothing to others and nothing to objective rights or positive ends
07-07-2013, 08:36 PM
(07-07-2013 09:26 AM)absols Wrote:  bc u seek for any constancy so u fancy on powers able to hide wat is wrong and sponsor illusions of positive being present

elections obviously are wrong, the mass is always wrong, only superiority is right

the mass dont mean but individuals limited profits to serve their positive needs

what feels emotions is an animal possessed by others stimulis, so it cant do anything anywhere while the power over it is surely meaning through smthg else, never the reality that poor animal endure or see

bread or nice scents are not positive facts, this is ur individual taste that mean nothing to others and nothing to objective rights or positive ends

Huh

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-07-2013, 08:42 PM
(07-07-2013 09:26 AM)absols Wrote:  bc u seek for any constancy so u fancy on powers able to hide wat is wrong and sponsor illusions of positive being present

Excuse me?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-07-2013, 09:31 PM
why do u call urself free thought ??? when obviously u hate it

what do u think free thought is but the skill to see and form opinions without leaning on anything

but apparently u mean someone else not urself, since u seem to point a magical sandwich too

a magical sandwich that u could slap as u wish

why dont u stay only in religious forums when obviously u r not atheist and cant conceive possible individual reasonnings