Polytheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Polytheism
(08-07-2013 09:06 AM)absols Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 07:48 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  No, your sentences are borderline incomprehensible at times.

The spelling isn't the issue so much as either the grammar or the semantics.

No my spelling is very basic obviously and my grammar is the level i used to fail with even as a second language

u insist on the lie, which prove that anything u say is a lie

for wat??? borderline???? wat borderline???? bc someone say loud and clear what everyone know consciously it is then called outofspace borderline??pffft

this is ur ways, u deal with present else as impossible thing so u could invent all the lies u want and b urself life through

Actually, no, I'm having the same problem. It's not that we're strongly disagreeing with your concepts. We MIGHT... if we could just make out what you're saying. But we can't, because what you're saying is incomprehensibly presented. I'd roughly gauge that this is 20% grammar and using single letters in place of actual words, 30% unspecified antecedents, assumptions, and unclear metaphors, 40% not actually organizing your thoughts, and 10% synergy between the three. If English isn't your first language and you learned it through text messages, that'd more than excuse some of your grammar. Goodness knows I'm in no position to criticize someone for having trouble with a new language. But that's not really the lion's share of the issue.

Some tips:
  • Identify the point or points you're trying to make. Optionally, identify these up front, like a driver of a car telling passengers where they're headed as she pulls out of the driveway. In either case, make your post a road map which arrives at these points somewhere near the end.
  • If any of these points are something you expect your audience to disagree with, provide support, arguments, or examples in favor of them.
  • If any of this support is something your audience is likely to disagree with, provide support for the support, and so on.
  • Be sure to connect the dots if you think there's any doubt (in your mind, or the mind of the audience) as to WHY what you're presenting constitutes support.
  • Don't be surprised if people don't "get it" first thing. There's a lot of missed connection in communication. Don't assume malice when it's likely just misunderstanding. Clarify, rather than snipe, even if the other person defaults to sniping.

For example, you mentioned something about cancer in one of your early posts in your thread, as a metaphor for gods if I recall correctly, but you didn't support the connection and left me totally unclear on what you were trying to say. Are gods like cancer in that they're malignant and unhealthy? In that as concepts they reproduce and spread, almost taking on a life of their own? In that multiple gods are a distortion of the claim that there exists exactly one god, and thus multiple gods are like an otherwise-healthy cell breeding out of control? Any of these make sense as things you MIGHT be trying to say, which means I can't tell which (if any) of these things you ARE saying. Flesh out your concepts a bit more and ground your metaphors, and we'll be able to talk about them rather than just scratch our heads and post clips from Pulp Fiction.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
08-07-2013, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 10:14 AM by absols.)
(08-07-2013 09:52 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:06 AM)absols Wrote:  No my spelling is very basic obviously and my grammar is the level i used to fail with even as a second language

u insist on the lie, which prove that anything u say is a lie

for wat??? borderline???? wat borderline???? bc someone say loud and clear what everyone know consciously it is then called outofspace borderline??pffft

this is ur ways, u deal with present else as impossible thing so u could invent all the lies u want and b urself life through

Actually, no, I'm having the same problem. It's not that we're strongly disagreeing with your concepts. We MIGHT... if we could just make out what you're saying. But we can't, because what you're saying is incomprehensibly presented. I'd roughly gauge that this is 20% grammar and using single letters in place of actual words, 30% unspecified antecedents, assumptions, and unclear metaphors, 40% not actually organizing your thoughts, and 10% synergy between the three. If English isn't your first language and you learned it through text messages, that'd more than excuse some of your grammar. Goodness knows I'm in no position to criticize someone for having trouble with a new language. But that's not really the lion's share of the issue.

Some tips:
  • Identify the point or points you're trying to make. Optionally, identify these up front, like a driver of a car telling passengers where they're headed as she pulls out of the driveway. In either case, make your post a road map which arrives at these points somewhere near the end.
  • If any of these points are something you expect your audience to disagree with, provide support, arguments, or examples in favor of them.
  • If any of this support is something your audience is likely to disagree with, provide support for the support, and so on.
  • Be sure to connect the dots if you think there's any doubt (in your mind, or the mind of the audience) as to WHY what you're presenting constitutes support.
  • Don't be surprised if people don't "get it" first thing. There's a lot of missed connection in communication. Don't assume malice when it's likely just misunderstanding. Clarify, rather than snipe, even if the other person defaults to sniping.

For example, you mentioned something about cancer in one of your early posts in your thread, as a metaphor for gods if I recall correctly, but you didn't support the connection and left me totally unclear on what you were trying to say. Are gods like cancer in that they're malignant and unhealthy? In that as concepts they reproduce and spread, almost taking on a life of their own? In that multiple gods are a distortion of the claim that there exists exactly one god, and thus multiple gods are like an otherwise-healthy cell breeding out of control? Any of these make sense as things you MIGHT be trying to say, which means I can't tell which (if any) of these things you ARE saying. Flesh out your concepts a bit more and ground your metaphors, and we'll be able to talk about them rather than just scratch our heads and post clips from Pulp Fiction.

why cant u respect someone free expressions ???? why it has to b like u want

did i mention anywhere that i need ur comments or opinions ???

as if it cant b but a community here how r u atheists??? dont u ever live alone

since when forum are exclusively a space to debate and find solutions or agreements about things and beyond

to me, it is obvious that forum is the perfect space that provide a reality to self freedom

i post, u post smthg else

why u must scotch urself to others letters

but if u r interested about a point said then ask about it directly, this is ur will not the other if u cant then dont talk about it at all

wat do u know, my posts could b poetry or self pleasure in creating new ideas and concepts

they are always light and short

why cant u ignore it they are nothing but mine

last thing, stop using me to say whatever u want, u r a liar and it is obvious
i didnt mention cancer but for the image of one end
while i also didnt mention gods but through the image of evil multiplications contrary to truth

ur ways of talkin about others words is ur answer that i ahve nothing to do with

and my posts are the opposite to abstract realms that ur subjectivity keep forcing everyone to

i say the most simple things that everyone is aware about but from a position that value origins n not the outcomes like u, happy to jump anywhere of the pretense that u got some outcomes sources

live forever like that in hell of all opportunities left, which is u
08-07-2013, 11:08 AM
(07-07-2013 12:02 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Polytheism is not inherently better than any other religious construct. However, most modern incarnations, especially the western neo-pagans, are fairly harmless (though excessively into woo... many I know/know of are anti-vaxers and homeopaths). I believe some Hindu sects get up to some shit in India these days as well.

Judaism was a polytheistic religion up until the Babylonian captivity, and that faith was pretty violent.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-07-2013, 01:27 PM
(08-07-2013 10:01 AM)absols Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:52 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Actually, no, I'm having the same problem. It's not that we're strongly disagreeing with your concepts. We MIGHT... if we could just make out what you're saying. But we can't, because what you're saying is incomprehensibly presented. I'd roughly gauge that this is 20% grammar and using single letters in place of actual words, 30% unspecified antecedents, assumptions, and unclear metaphors, 40% not actually organizing your thoughts, and 10% synergy between the three. If English isn't your first language and you learned it through text messages, that'd more than excuse some of your grammar. Goodness knows I'm in no position to criticize someone for having trouble with a new language. But that's not really the lion's share of the issue.

Some tips:

since when forum are exclusively a space to debate and find solutions or agreements about things and beyond

to me, it is obvious that forum is the perfect space that provide a reality to self freedom

but if u r interested about a point said then ask about it directly, this is ur will not the other if u cant then dont talk about it at all

wat do u know, my posts could b poetry or self pleasure in creating new ideas and concepts

while i also didnt mention gods but through the image of evil multiplications contrary to truth

ur ways of talkin about others words is ur answer that i ahve nothing to do with

and my posts are the opposite to abstract realms that ur subjectivity keep forcing everyone to

i say the most simple things that everyone is aware about but from a position that value origins n not the outcomes like u, happy to jump anywhere of the pretense that u got some outcomes sources

I'm calling troll on this one.

[Image: giphy.gif]
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
To me polytheism vs. monotheism is like opinions vs. facts. And this is because of how I define the term God as an absolute. It's the same as saying politics are inevitable, hence a Godhead.
09-07-2013, 06:20 AM
(08-07-2013 03:57 PM)childeye Wrote:  To me polytheism vs. monotheism is like opinions vs. facts. And this is because of how I define the term God as an absolute. It's the same as saying politics are inevitable, hence a Godhead.

It's more like "action figure vs. action figure". Now go learn how words are defined, you fucking moron.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
09-07-2013, 06:01 PM
(08-07-2013 10:01 AM)absols Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 09:52 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Actually, no, I'm having the same problem. It's not that we're strongly disagreeing with your concepts. We MIGHT... if we could just make out what you're saying. But we can't, because what you're saying is incomprehensibly presented. I'd roughly gauge that this is 20% grammar and using single letters in place of actual words, 30% unspecified antecedents, assumptions, and unclear metaphors, 40% not actually organizing your thoughts, and 10% synergy between the three. If English isn't your first language and you learned it through text messages, that'd more than excuse some of your grammar. Goodness knows I'm in no position to criticize someone for having trouble with a new language. But that's not really the lion's share of the issue.

Some tips:

.... we can't critique what you post, but you can complain about us and what we post? I ain't buying it.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
09-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I find pantheism more interesting than polytheism. God was a suicide bomber and everything else is just shrapnel and fallout. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-07-2013, 06:42 PM
(09-07-2013 06:01 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(08-07-2013 10:01 AM)absols Wrote:  why cant u respect someone free expressions ???? why it has to b like u want

.... we can't critique what you post, but you can complain about us and what we post? I ain't buying it.

critik the content not the form

when u cant value the person above the words then it means that u cant read

anything is always its plus that is how things can b said or meant objectively
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
In my opinion Christianity is polytheistic. It has a great number of deities. At least things that other polytheisms would claim to be deities. The main difference is Christianity only gives the title of god to one of it's deities...or three of them...but that just further illustrates my point.

In Christianity you have a god of the evil and the underworld. Except Christians simply don't refer to him as a god. You have loads of other heavenly beings in the form of angels, even the saints, but none of them are called gods, or demi-gods. But without already using the label monotheism, on the outside looking in you would not think of it as monotheism. At least I don't think so.

Also as far as how they differ...they do but they don't. It may be true that polytheism has more "gods" by title, but they are all responsible for different aspects of the same whole. In Christianity "God" is a conglomerated of many earlier polytheistic gods and so has taken on the responsibilities off all of the gods one would find in Polytheism. So with polytheism there's not really more religious beliefs, at least in as far as a god who controls the wind, one who controls the oceans, another for earthquakes. In Christianity all the same concepts exist, you just have less gods to blame for them.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post