Polytheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: Polytheism
(09-07-2013 06:42 PM)absols Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 06:01 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... we can't critique what you post, but you can complain about us and what we post? I ain't buying it.

critik the content not the form

when u cant value the person above the words then it means that u cant read

anything is always its plus that is how things can b said or meant objectively

Except that my critique of your form is exactly that: It's virtually unreadable too much of the time. Words form the only medium we can know the person by, at least in a forum such as this one, and if the medium's too garbled we can't actually get at the content.

Eh, whatever, I've put my advice out there, take it or don't as you choose. I'm not going to try to make the horse drink any more.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
(09-07-2013 06:42 PM)absols Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 06:01 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... we can't critique what you post, but you can complain about us and what we post? I ain't buying it.

critik the content not the form

No one can discern your content.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2013, 01:14 PM
(06-07-2013 09:03 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Polytheism is the belief that there are many gods.

^ Is still most-likely a truck-load of bullshit, as is Monotheism.

People argue that Polytheism is less dangerous than Monotheism, which maybe true now, but back when Polytheism was thriving, we didn't have records of everywar, or the reasons behind them, and therefore we can't accruately tell how bad polytheism was since its inception.

Try telling that to the women of India. I'm sure they'd agree as their getting raped that polytheism is less dangerous.

05-09-2013, 03:39 PM
(05-09-2013 10:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 06:42 PM)absols Wrote:  critik the content not the form

No one can discern your content.

Well, that's because they are writing in an absolutely incomprehensible way and they are doing it deliberately.
It is designed to look completely incomprehensible while maintaining and purveying the most common part of the messages - the insults, which are in almost every post and blindingly clear amongst what is otherwise a sea comprised entirely of the textual equivalent of the Caspian Sea, if all it's water was replaced by liquidated horse shit.

Well, that is the only conclusion I can make from 'absols' posts.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-09-2013, 03:29 AM
To be fair, I think polytheism is way more fun and imaginative. At least the Greeks/Romans/Egyptians/Babylonians/Norse didn't try to pretend that some of their gods weren't dicks. Makes for more interesting drama and better stories. A perfect god, who does a whole bunch of not-so-perfect things just gets boring; and the lying about it gets super tedious too.

[Image: 069-polyatheism.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-09-2013, 03:39 AM
In contrast to the majority of the members here, I think polytheism is a bit less insane than the Abrahamic God, though not necessarily all monotheistic gods. At least there are no logical fallacies associated with an all-knowing, all-powerful, all good God who created everything small and large.

Just offering a different perspective. As a self-proclaimed igtheist I believe in several 'gods', I just don't beleive they have/had any supernatural powers. Mark Dreher, for example claims to be a demi-god. I believe he exists, just not all of his bullshit.

06-09-2013, 06:37 AM

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post