Poms, tintanks, &convicts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 04:24 PM
As a rather untravelled person who has never been to the U.S or U.K.(I know, it shows!) with one years interaction on this forum', along with other considerations, I feel that Australians are quite more like Americans, as opposed to our ancestral ancestors.

mY major exception to this view is comedy. I love old British Comedy such as Open all hours, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances etc, even Benny Hill.
As for 'American Pie' and most of the sit coms, yuk! Did like Phyllis Diller, bless her soul!

Contrary to what I have just stated, it was an American comedy I saw yesterday called Campaign that seemed so very Australian, to me, in its skit relating to graft, political corruption, greed,infidelity, corporate life etc. .That said, as depicted, things may be even a little worse in the good old U.S of A.Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
23-08-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Poms, tintanks, &convicts
I think we're made up of both, actually Mr Woofy Smile

I love lots of things from both countries.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
23-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Australia's one big beach.
American culture is strongly influenced by Hollywood, also near a big beach. Makes sense we'd find similarities. The UK, on the other hand is just a dreary, cloudy place, or as Monty Python called Camelot, "it's a silly place," so kids from there will, sadly, always be...a little different.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-08-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Poms, tintanks, &convicts
(23-08-2012 04:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I feel that Australians are quite more like Americans, as opposed to our ancestral ancestors.

Would that be as opposed to our "future" ancestors ? Tongue

I love British humor. They say stuff US comedians wish they were smart enough to think of.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post