Pondering an arguement I have never heard

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
02-07-2015, 07:17 AM
RE: Pondering an arguement I have never heard
I call Poe! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 09:37 AM
(29-06-2015 07:28 AM)T.H. Wrote:  If god granted man free will, why was there only one Eve created for him?

I am surprised of all the debates I have listened to, this has never been used.

If it catches on, please send money to me@mybank.

T.H.

I'm sure the apologist will say that god intended marriage to be between one man and one woman. (please ignore massive incest and polygamy in the rest of the bible)

Though if god supposedly made male/female pairs with animals, why couldn't he figure out to do this with a human?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-07-2015, 09:54 AM
(02-07-2015 01:44 AM)Begather Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 11:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  There is no "free will" when a woman is involved.

Hope that helps.

Great finding by you dear i am so happy that you just realized this fact in no time.

Well, I learnt it long ago -- that's why I'm an outside cat.

Interesting first post.
29-07-2015, 12:47 PM
(29-06-2015 07:28 AM)T.H. Wrote:  If god granted man free will, why was there only one Eve created for him?
What is this supposed to prove? Huh

Sapere aude
29-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Double post

Sapere aude
30-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Bring this back to point a little bit. I was fed the bullshit that shows up on the Wiki page for Adam.
"In Genesis 1:27 "adam" is used in the collective sense, whereby not only the individual Adam, but all humans, are created on the sixth day." Here is the link

So, in lessons from my childhood in church, I heard that the story was figurative not literal (amazing how they always pick and chose which parts are literal and which are figurative). Adam was not a single man, but represented Mankind (multiple men), while Eve represented multiple woman. Of course, that led me question who were the original sinners and why did everyone have to pay for 1 woman's and 1 man's sin. Makes my head hurt to try to follow their ways of reasoning.

Of course, another argument I frequently hear which makes my ears bleed is something to the following, "Adam had free will. He could chose to stay single." No

Daeuse
13-09-2016, 04:20 AM
Adam had free will, he could chose to stay single, similar to the offer of free will, do as I say, or Ill torture you.
14-09-2016, 05:52 AM
Pondering an arguement I have never heard

I am surprised of all the debates I have listened to, this has never been used.

If it catches on, please send money to me@mybank.

T.H.

No I beat you to it, by pondering a similar question if free will exist why didn't I have the option of sprouting wings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
14-09-2016, 05:57 AM
(29-06-2015 07:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because Adam was a good Christian man and all good Christian men only want one genetically identical to woman. Dodgy sheesh

The sad part of the story???

There was nobody else around.

Because, if there had been - they could have told Adam to go fuck himself ---

And technically -- he could.....

Sad such missed opportunities....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-09-2016, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2016 03:06 PM by kim.)
Man does have free will - as long as he does what god wants. Angel

p.s. Woman is god.

*drops mic/walks off*

Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post