Pop Francis rallys against capitalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2013, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 02:22 PM by Cathym112.)
Pop Francis rallys against capitalism
Nice message from pope Francis, who said the wealthy should spread more wealth.

Nice gold thrown you sit on, Francis. Oh the hypocrisy...

Note: my autocorrect on my iPhone changed it to thrown. I meant throne!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: Pop Francis rallys against capitalism
(27-11-2013 07:10 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Nice message from pope Francis, who said the wealthy should spread more wealth.

Nice gold thrown you sit on, Francis. Oh the hypocrisy...

Yanno while there's a lot to like about the new pope (especially if you compare him to the last one - eeesh) his message is still a double-edged sword. He should begin every message he wants to promote with "I'm sorry for __________ - and fill in history" then go forward from there.
Minus an apology I can't give much weight no matter how good he seems.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
27-11-2013, 08:07 AM
"Capitalism" IS NOT a form of government. Gadaffi was a billionaire who owned stock in GE. China makes it's money selling cheap crap to the rest of the world based on slave wages. Saudi Arabia sells oil. All of those governments "capitalize" off the sale of something.

The key is not to end private business in any case. The key is to end the abuse of power and monopolies of power. All ventures in religion, politics and business require money to run, thus all have a potential to become abusive.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Um and how much if you sold the Vatican would it be worth and how much poverty could be wiped out if it was sold? I think it should be turned into a Museum and the entire institution scrapped. Not saying you can end the religion itself, but it seems a bit hypocritical for him to use a palace and grovel for money himself to maintain it.

As a former Catholic myself, he certainly has a more liberal attitude than the prior Popes, but that institution has always been a Johny come lately.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I see no problem with the idea of charity, it i compulsory charity I have an issue with. I respect and admire people like Bill Gate and Oprah who have earned their money and then turn around and donate huge sums to charitable causes. And the Catholic Church does do a lot of charity work, even if its money is the definition of "ill-gotten gains." I would like to point out, however, that simply "spreading some wealth around" won't solve the problems of poverty and hunger in the world.
28-11-2013, 01:15 AM
I would just like to point out that he apparently got rid of the golden throne. Just sayin'.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
28-11-2013, 01:26 AM
(28-11-2013 01:15 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I would just like to point out that he apparently got rid of the golden throne. Just sayin'.

Is that the best excuse you can make for your batshit superstitious beliefs?
Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
28-11-2013, 01:30 AM
The Vatican is pretty opulent. But yeah he's not seated on the gold throne or sleeping in a gilded bed.

Nicer than the previous ones....

Personally I think he's paranoid they'll off him like that other pope years ago.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

28-11-2013, 01:32 AM
How much south american gold is in the Vatican ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
28-11-2013, 01:45 AM
(28-11-2013 01:32 AM)sporehux Wrote:  How much south american gold is in the Vatican ?

I don't know. More than their priceless art, less than their property holdings? Who can say? Huh

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]